Ford EcoSport Accelerator Not Responding Upon Starting From Slope

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
@ snowleapord - since the car didn't move on slope your car must have come to a halt, even then there is none output from the accelerator?

I drive a ford figo diesel and have faced this issue many times on steep slopes and I noticed that below 1000rpm then car just won't move forward , no matter what gear is engaged.

I think you are facing thr same problem which is normal lag.

But if you experience no output from accelerator even when the car is halted it can be a problem. Waiting for your reply.

Thread Starter #18
@ snowleapord - since the car didn't move on slope your car must have come to a halt, even then there is none output from the accelerator?

I drive a ford figo diesel and have faced this issue many times on steep slopes and I noticed that below 1000rpm then car just won't move forward , no matter what gear is engaged.

I think you are facing thr same problem which is normal lag.

But if you experience no output from accelerator even when the car is halted it can be a problem. Waiting for your reply.
Hi, Sorry for the long silence...Wasnt driving much.. recently I had a road trip covering almost 5000Km and got this issue again a couple of times... The issue is that in such situation, no matter how hard I press the acceleraotr, the engine won't rev up at all. I have no solution for this yet.

@Snowleopard, I was reading this post for about the 5th time when I remembered a similar experience I had in a previous vehicle. So I will ask you a fairly basic question: what was the fuel level in the vehicle when this issue occurred?

Since modern fuel systems operate under a very high pressure, air (highly compressible) being trapped in the fuel line can often cause sputtering and other issues like this. This is also the reason you're never supposed to run a Diesel vehicle to empty. It's possible that due to the incline and a low fuel level, your fuel sloshed away from the fuel line briefly, introducing some air bubbles into the system. This could explain the vehicle not responding to the throttle - because it needed to push the air out before it could inject any fuel.

You never know, this might turn out to be a very simple solution. [;)]
Hello, Viru,
Sorry for the long silence...Wasnt driving much.. recently I had a road trip covering almost 5000Km and got this issue again a couple of times. Mostly I refill my car whenever it shows fuel for only 125- 150Km. But I will keep your suggestion in mind. Whenever this issue happens, I can clearly feel the drop in engine response, and then after it won't rev up for next 3-5 kicks on the accelerator pedal. I know the engine is ON because the RPM is close 1K. Finally, the engine would stop completely. It usually works well after the restart. Any idea?

Hi snowleopard, I hope everything is fine now with your Ecoboost. How do you find driving the vehicle in traffic. Does the turbo lag bother you much or is it OK to drive in the traffic?
Hi, The issue is still there. When I reported the issue last time, they told me that there is nothing wrong and keep observing for next 5k kms. So, I think I need to take up this issue now. Driving in Mumbai (bumper to bumper traffic) is not an issue. The clutch is actually a bit heavy and hence, you may find it painful. But if the traffic is moving slowly, you can release the clutch completely and the vehicle would continue moving smoothly in 1st or second gear. Overtaking on the highway would require a gear change sometimes. But in 5th gear (>100Km/h), you can get a fairly good acceleration without downshifting the gears.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #19
There was a random miss fire issue detected in cylinder no 3 of my car. This could be the reason why the engine wasnt able to respond properly on a slope. I have never faced the "accelerator not responding up on starting from a slope" issue after the missfire issue was fixed.
Hope this helps.

My ecosport is facing accelerator problem for the past two years but since it doesn't cause other problems, I continue driving it till now. The service centre could not detect after several visits. Got fed up so just driving with the problem.
The problem is like this. When engaging accelerator in a constant pressure for 10-15 seconds, the engine would suddenly lose power. When I release the accelerator and press again, it will work again. It happens usually when going uphill. Could not resolve this problem so driving it as I get used to it. Don't know what should be done.

deville_56

Honoured Member
Same happened recently while taking a steep incline, but with Ford Fiesta petrol. Normal after that. Earlier it happened because of clogged throttle body and persisted till cleaning it. No error code or warning.

Last edited:

Top Bottom