Ford EcoSport 1.5L Diesel, Trend Variant - The Machine I Love

Thanks for the info buddy. I have also ordered for the Proklear stuff. It costs Rs.499 and along the anti-fog solution comes free. Just made the order. I am going out for a weekend trip. Will use the solution on my windshield before I proceed. Will update on the results with pics.
Thats good, Antifog spray also do a good job. Since i dont have rear windshield defogger, It really helps me a lot.

Strictly follow the instructions while applying Proklear over the windshield for the best result. [:)]

During delivery of my car the nidlle of the fuel meter was almost at the bottom. I filled up the tank to brim and it took 42 ltrs of fuel.
This clearly indicates that the tank capacity is 47 litres.

At the time of delivery, there won't be more than 4-5 l of diesel in there, hence it took another 42l.

My car's Fuel tank capacity is 35L
Whenever overfilling the tank after the auto cut-off, it can take around 2.2Ltrs extra.

Similarly anybody tried over filling ecosports tank after the auto cut-off? If yes then how much extra liters gone in to the tank?

Note: Over filling is not advisable.

Thread Starter #34
Thats good, Antifog spray also do a good job. Since i dont have rear windshield defogger, It really helps me a lot.

Strictly follow the instructions while applying Proklear over the windshield for the best result. [:)]
Did the Proklear water repellant treatment for the windshield and also the antifog treatment. WOW!!!! the results are simply superb. Trust me, the visibility has greately improved and could manage highway travel with the stock bulbs without issues. Thanks for the advice buddy. It has helped me lot.

eIMG_0481.jpg

eIMG_0482.jpg

My car's Fuel tank capacity is 35L
Whenever overfilling the tank after the auto cut-off, it can take around 2.2Ltrs extra.

Similarly anybody tried over filling ecosports tank after the auto cut-off? If yes then how much extra liters gone in to the tank?

Note: Over filling is not advisable.
How can it be 35 litres. I am puzzled. It is 52 is what I believe from the dealer and in the manual.

Did the Proklear water repellant treatment for the windshield and also the antifog treatment. WOW!!!! the results are simply superb. Trust me, the visibility has greately improved and could manage highway travel with the stock bulbs without issues. Thanks for the advice buddy. It has helped me lot.

View attachment 118078

View attachment 118079
Now you can enjoy your ride in any climatic conditions isn't it?.[clap]

My main aim was to make the windshield water-repellent, but i'm really amazed with its anti-glare property[:D] I never expected such a crystal clear vision in night rides.

Jude, after few weeks(depending upon the atmosphere)gradually oil dirt will stick on to the windshield so at that time this water repellency will get hampered, dont get panic just clean the windshield and wipers with soapy water and everything will get back to normal.

Thread Starter #38
Now you can enjoy your ride in any climatic conditions isn't it?.[clap]

My main aim was to make the windshield water-repellent, but i'm really amazed with its anti-glare property[:D] I never expected such a crystal clear vision in night rides.

Jude, after few weeks(depending upon the atmosphere)gradually oil dirt will stick on to the windshield so at that time this water repellency will get hampered, dont get panic just clean the windshield and wipers with soapy water and everything will get back to normal.
Yes the results are amazing. I was very scared to take the car for a long journey which had more of night driving in this rainy season. But now I am just cool. Not planning to upgrade the bulbs for now.

My experience with the Ecosport so far has been very exiciting and I have enoyed every moment of driving. However I have listed below a few observations from my recent trip covering 1350 Kms (Chennai - Coorg - Chennai).

- With 5 adults and a kid onboard, in the ghat section the car was effortless to drive. I hardly used the 1st gear and the vehicle was comfortable in 3rd and the 2nd (if its a steep climb). While driving uphill when you get to a steep climb, donot floor the accelerator pedal if the vehicle is not getting picking up speed. Shift down to the 2nd gear or if you are already in the second gear take the leg off the accelerator pedal and let the vehicle manage itself. Trust me, the vehicle picks up well by itself better than by you trying to floor the pedal in such situations.

- To seat 3 well built adults in the back for long journeys could be tiresome but if you can have atleast one with a lean shoulder it should be ok. This is something I experienced for myself as I did sit at the back seat while my dad drove. There has been a little change to the opinion I had about the back seat comfort for 3 adults.

- Coorg is famous for bad roads (I didnt know this before visiting). Had to take a very rough path and the vehicle did manage well. But obviously with the stiff suspension, the ride was a bit bumpy.

- The steering is too good. It weighs up well in high speeds and light and easy while you drive in speed breaker speeds.

- As already mentioned, after the windshield treatment I feel that the stock bulbs are good enough.

- Mileage is surprisingly good. Got 19+ Kmpl in the highways with 5 adults and a 2yr old onboard. Got 16.5+ Kmpl average in a mixed drive of ghats and state highway (Mysore highway with lots of speed breakers).

Thread Starter #39
Official Ford accessories and price list:

I recently received a mail from Ford with the Official accesories list with the Delhi MRP. I have attached it below hoping that it would be helpful for prospective buyers.

View attachment EcosportAccessoriesListWithDelhiMRP.pdf0.pdf

I did an addition to my car recently; the chrome grill that goes through the Ford emblem in the upper grill. It really adds to the look of the car. It costs Rs. 1664/- But after paying that much the guys who fit the chrome didnt do the job well. One half of the chrome has not fit well. Though it is not loose, it projects out a little bit.

Ya that's true, its really difficult to drive in such conditions.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...n-shield-treatment-windshield.html#post350052
Here you can see my videos of nano bond over my windshield applied before 4.5 months. Its really not showing its age. I'm very happy with this product.

Hope you enjoyed your trip :) 2 years back had a college trip to Coorg Tibetan Colony and really liked to see those much different culture and atmosphere.

Those mileage figures are with AC ? If yes, then it seems to be a good mileage.

Thread Starter #41
5800 Km Update:

I have not spent any money on the car for maintenance yet. After the first service and my trip to Coorg, there was a "Krik" sound coming from the clutch as I would release it each time I shifted gear. This was diagnosed as a lubrication issue and was fixed by lubricating it and after doing some adjustments to a part which was rubbing with the pedal. Was not charged anything for that. except for that have not faced any issue yet. It has been a good experience so far.

Completed a long journey covering 1769 Km on the 31st of Dec. It was a trip to my home town for christmas which is about 700 Km from Chennai. The onward journey was 693Kms and the mileage was 18.7 kmpl with 3 adults and a kid with the boot fully packed. AC was used 80% of the travel. Was doing about 100 - 110 kmph mostly. Covered the distance in 10 hours with a couple of stops for tea and breakfast. If I had maintained a speed of 90 kmph my mileage figures would have been much better as the instant mileage dips once 90 kmph is crossed.

On my return, the luggage was on the higher side with the boot completely jam packed and with the rear right seat packed with luggage too. The speed was also a bit high at 120Kmph. In these conditions the average fuel dropped to 16.9Kmpl. But the drive was good and had a great time home. I have posted some pics I had taken while celebrating christmas at home. These were taken in a village bordering Kerala. The lighting was a part of the christmas celebration.

ae_DSC_1283.jpg

ae_MG_3334.jpg

ae_MG_3336 1.jpg

ae_MG_3338 1.jpg

ae_MG_3341.jpg

Jude,
Hearty congratulations and very happy to see you with your possession!
Enjoy the ride and play safe :)

Hi Jude.. Happy to see you ,Mars red ecosport.. Even I had waited for the same but because of the huge waiting period , changed to white.. Do you have any plan to fix the drl??

Yes it can be done by ourselves.
Ya the cleaning process is a kind of polishing. Using Precleaner(the solution which comes along) we have to RUB the windshield using the tissue very well, it requires lots of elbow grease.
After the cleaning process, the Bottle of Proklear solution has to be applied over the windshield.

It repels water and wont let the water to get it spread, instead the water will rolls away from the windshield.

The reason I think for reducing the outside mist is why because, this molecular bond over the windshield may be acting like a lil temperature insulator and there by it avoids the outside humidity to condense over the windshield.

Its just the personal experience of not forming the mist after using this product. Here the manufacture is not claiming about it other than rainwater repellent property and anti-glare property. But still, the anti-glare property wont works if the mist accumulates on the windshield.

At first I tried on the rear windshield, since the result is satisfactory, I confidently did to the front windshield too. Now the night/rain rides are really enjoyable [clap]
Everybody who rides with me gets wonder by seeing the way the water react to the windshield surface [lol]

View attachment 118078

View attachment 118079

Well after being a silent follower to this thread, got some useful infromation from you guys ! I also Applied the prokleener and i'm waiting for a good rainy day to get it tested. As per the first impression, it really impressed me [:D]

Well after being a silent follower to this thread, got some useful infromation from you guys ! I also Applied the prokleener and i'm waiting for a good rainy day to get it tested. As per the first impression, it really impressed me [:D]
Happy to know it helped you[:)]

Hows the antiglare effect?

You can see the videos of water beading effect of my 4month old Proklear NGS treated windshield in this link http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...n-shield-treatment-windshield.html#post350052

Top Bottom