Ford EcoSport 1.5L Diesel, Trend Variant - The Machine I Love

View attachment 116238

Wipers:

I have been observing this since day 1 i started using the wiper, if its starts raining heavily the wiper starts making a rubbing noise and it also kind of vibrates as it wipes. I acts as if its an age old wiper. Any suggestion on this issue is also welcome
My friend who also owns one Ecosport is facing the similar issues with the wipers on his Ecosport too. He even took the car to the service center but even they were not able to rectify it.

Thread Starter #19
But as per the owner's manual it is 47 ltrs.
OMG WHATS WRONG WITH FORD. Will send a mail to ford to have it clarified. But what the manual says seems to be correct if you check the picture I have posted for the low fuel indication. It is very close to empty and it would be realistic to have only about 5 litres in that level. Thanks for noting that buddy.

Thread Starter #20
I have mailed ford customer care and the write2md mail box asking to clarify on the capacity of the fuel tank. Awaiting reply from them.

Seriously feel that Ford should be work more collaboratively to get the info right for the customers. This is no big complicated info. This is something which is published in their web and all their marketing materials.

I have mailed ford customer care and the write2md mail box asking to clarify on the capacity of the fuel tank. Awaiting reply from them.

Seriously feel that Ford should be work more collaboratively to get the info right for the customers. This is no big complicated info. This is something which is published in their web and all their marketing materials.
yes everywhere it is 52 ltrs except the owner's manual. I have checked almost all the media sites. All are saying that it is 52 ltrs. But manual says 47 ltrs [confused]

Hi Jude AFAIK fuel tank capacity of 1.5 D ecosport is 47 ltrs. Can you please recheck??

I heard about this issue from many ecosport owners. So far i have not faced this issue. Here in trichy it is raining for the last couple of days. But i have not observed any fogging on the outer side of my ecosport's windshield. May be i am handling this in a different way. What i do is, whenever i drive through rain, first i switch on AC, switch on the re circulation mode and direct the blower to the front windshield to avoid innnerside fogging. After sometime when the cabin cools down i simply switch off AC and switch off the re circulation mode so that out side fresh cool air can enter and only the blower will be running towards the windshield. So no issue of fogging on outer side of windshield. Because outside temperature and inside temperature becomes same.

of late i am also facing this issue. Even though the wipers do the job, it vibrates and give some minute noise. Yet to get some solution
I read somewhere that tank capacity is 52l.

The way you practice defogging the windshield is the best and most used one!I find the most effective too!

I have not faced the wipers vibration isssue.You can try adding a mild shampoo to the windshield washer.It should make things smoother!

Somemore thoughts that came through...

View attachment 116237

Windshield fogging (Outside the windshield):

I need your expert advice on this issue.

Now that the rains are in and I often get caught in the rains at night, this issue has started of to be a VERY SERIOUS thing for me.

The misting is too bad that I hardly can see anything outside. It is better when it is raining but once the rain stops and we turn off the wipers the misting happens like what you see below on the outside of the windshield. I ll have to keep the wiper turned on even though its not raining. It happens so quick that I can even turn the wiper to intermittent mode. I have tried various blower directions and set various cooling levels. But yet, I am not able to get rid of this.

View attachment 116238
When the outside humidity is high and when the car windshields are cool, the moisture collects on the outside of the glass.

Me too experienced those problems in my car, its really disgusting.

Quick remedy is Equalize the temperature.
Reduce the usage of AC and try to equalize the temperature of both outside and inside of the car.

Right now i'm using PROKLEAR Rainwater repellent on my windshield. It seems to be doing a good job. I applied this on July and still its performing well, after that I haven't noticed this problem.
PROKLEAR Nano Bond Anti Rain Windshield/Glas

Wipers:

I have been observing this since day 1 i started using the wiper, if its starts raining heavily the wiper starts making a rubbing noise and it also kind of vibrates as it wipes. I acts as if its an age old wiper. Any suggestion on this issue is also welcome
I think here the wipers are super clean[roll]. Wipers can also vibrate when there is no lubricants or oily dirt over the windshield.

The way you practice defogging the windshield is the best and most used one!I find the most effective too!

I have not faced the wipers vibration isssue.You can try adding a mild shampoo to the windshield washer.It should make things smoother!
But as per manual it is 47 ltrs.

Thank you for the suggestion regarding wipers. Next time i will try this [:)]

Thread Starter #26
yes everywhere it is 52 ltrs except the owner's manual. I have checked almost all the media sites. All are saying that it is 52 ltrs. But manual says 47 ltrs [confused]

No reply from Ford yet but dealership says that it is 52 ltrs.

When the outside humidity is high and when the car windshields are cool, the moisture collects on the outside of the glass.

Me too experienced those problems in my car, its really disgusting.

Quick remedy is Equalize the temperature.
Reduce the usage of AC and try to equalize the temperature of both outside and inside of the car.

Right now i'm using PROKLEAR Rainwater repellent on my windshield. It seems to be doing a good job. I applied this on July and still its performing well, after that I haven't noticed this problem.
PROKLEAR Nano Bond Anti Rain Windshield/Glas

I think here the wipers are super clean[roll]. Wipers can also vibrate when there is no lubricants or oily dirt over the windshield.
Is proklear a kind of polish and whether we can apply it ourselves. Just to understand its use; how does it work? does it not allow rainwater to stay on the windshield or does it just avoid misting? Your valuable inputs please.

Is proklear a kind of polish and whether we can apply it ourselves. Just to understand its use; how does it work? does it not allow rainwater to stay on the windshield or does it just avoid misting? Your valuable inputs please.
Yes it can be done by ourselves.
Ya the cleaning process is a kind of polishing. Using Precleaner(the solution which comes along) we have to RUB the windshield using the tissue very well, it requires lots of elbow grease.
After the cleaning process, the Bottle of Proklear solution has to be applied over the windshield.

It repels water and wont let the water to get it spread, instead the water will rolls away from the windshield.

The reason I think for reducing the outside mist is why because, this molecular bond over the windshield may be acting like a lil temperature insulator and there by it avoids the outside humidity to condense over the windshield.

Its just the personal experience of not forming the mist after using this product. Here the manufacture is not claiming about it other than rainwater repellent property and anti-glare property. But still, the anti-glare property wont works if the mist accumulates on the windshield.

At first I tried on the rear windshield, since the result is satisfactory, I confidently did to the front windshield too. Now the night/rain rides are really enjoyable [clap]
Everybody who rides with me gets wonder by seeing the way the water react to the windshield surface [lol]

Thread Starter #30
Yes it can be done by ourselves.
Ya the cleaning process is a kind of polishing. Using Precleaner(the solution which comes along) we have to RUB the windshield using the tissue very well, it requires lots of elbow grease.
After the cleaning process, the Bottle of Proklear solution has to be applied over the windshield.

It repels water and wont let the water to get it spread, instead the water will rolls away from the windshield.

The reason I think for reducing the outside mist is why because, this molecular bond over the windshield may be acting like a lil temperature insulator and there by it avoids the outside humidity to condense over the windshield.

Its just the personal experience of not forming the mist after using this product. Here the manufacture is not claiming about it other than rainwater repellent property and anti-glare property. But still, the anti-glare property wont works if the mist accumulates on the windshield.

At first I tried on the rear windshield, since the result is satisfactory, I confidently did to the front windshield too. Now the night/rain rides are really enjoyable [clap]
Everybody who rides with me gets wonder by seeing the way the water react to the windshield surface [lol]
Thanks for the info buddy. I have also ordered for the Proklear stuff. It costs Rs.499 and along the anti-fog solution comes free. Just made the order. I am going out for a weekend trip. Will use the solution on my windshield before I proceed. Will update on the results with pics.

Top Bottom