Ford Ecosport 1.5 TDCi Titanium (2016) Mars Red: The Mighty Apollo

What the local mechanic did was , to fix it cosmetically than mechanically .
For suspension related components never go for repair , even if its just a bush , always go for replacement (Because suspension components are one time installation parts , once damaged , it needs replacement , a repair job won't last nor it does any good )

Thread Starter #93
XCD do you have another car to complete the trip?
No, sir. I have Santro but I don't consider it safe enough to be driven on highway. I'll have to go by train then.

I went to Ford ASS today. They say that Rear Torsion Bar RTB can be replaced under insurance. It costs 20,000. He was saying that some other parts eg Wheel bearing costing 6500 each will also be replaced, which may not be covered under insurance. I am not too sure about Bearing to be replaced, as it seems fine to me. This will obviously take 10-15 days as they don't have parts in stock.

Thread Starter #94
@bhvm ,@VISHNUCARCRAZY & @mayankdixit sirs, Thank you for your valuable advice. I have postponed the pending trip for december and will be taking only minor trips for now. I'll claim insurance after Diwali anyhow.
One more query - what all do I need to keep in mind while claiming insurance, so that the ASC doesn't fleece me. For eg. Is it necessary to replace the Bearings even if they have not been touched by that mech?

Another thing, my insurance is getting expired on 21st November. I have 25% ncb but no ncb protection in this policy. Earlier i was thinking of getting NCB protection in next policy and make claim after that. But seeing the gravity of situation right now, I don't think it is wise to delay replacing this part. Kindly comment if there is any other way out.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Is it necessary to replace the Bearings even if they have not been touched by that mech?
No. But maybe they will get the hub out and hammer those bearings out. Hence they are saying to replace.
is getting expired on 21st November. I have 25% ncb but no ncb protection in this policy.
If you can wait a month or so, Renew the Policy with NCB protection then make claim next week. You can use santro in city for now.

Thread Starter #96
Renew the Policy with NCB protection then make claim next week.
Just to clarify, you meant 'month' in place of 'week'?

1) I have three options - Royal Sundaram, Tata Aig & Edelweiss. I think out of these RS is the better option. Kindly advise.

2) Mostly my car is parked in a gated community but I have taken Invoice cover in my last 2 policies to ensure peace of mind when while visiting outstation, I have to stay at some hotels with no proper parking. Should I continue with this cover?

bhvm

Honoured Member
Just to clarify, you meant 'month' in place of 'week'?
I meant renew policy after a month. and Make claim a week or so after renewal. Same day claim will raise doubts.

but I have taken Invoice cover in my last 2 policies to ensure peace of mind when while visiting outstation, I have to stay at some hotels with no proper parking. Should I continue with this cover?
It is recommended to take max covers as much as possible with Insurance. Make sure RSA is added too. Keep the IDV high.
Own damage has remained anything but a fraction of Premium. These days , Third party charges & Taxes form roughly 80% of whatever I pay for my own cars. Thanks to ever increasing charges & taxes loot.

Thread Starter #98
I went to Ford ASS today. They say that Rear Torsion Bar RTB can be replaced under insurance. It costs 20,000. He was saying that some other parts eg Wheel bearing costing 6500 each will also be replaced, which may not be covered under insurance. I am not too sure about Bearing to be replaced, as it seems fine to me. This will obviously take 10-15 days as they don't have parts in stock.
@bhvm, @VISHNUCARCRAZY and @mayankdixit sirs, I finally went to Ford ASC today. I met the guy who handles all insurance claim matters (let's call him Raghu). He straight away told me that Surveyor will not pass my claim as the RTB is welded. Then I told him that the last time, your manager had assured me that he can get it approved. Then he talked to the manager and the manager told him that just file the claim and well try to get it approved. He told Raghu to frame the story as following - "Car met with an accident at a lonely place at night. RTB got damaged. I had no other option than to get it welded at that time so that I could reach home." and ask some surveyor about it.
Then Raghu called one surveyor asking him if such claim can get approved to which he replied in negative. Raghu told me not to claim insurance as it may make my NCB nill (but I have NCB cover) and that I should get it done with Cash only. I casually asked him what will be total damage and discount offered - 19000 (RTB) + 8000 (Right Hub) + 3000 (Labor) with a 10% discount on RTB and Labor.

I talked to the manager again regarding more discount to which he replied that he can't offer more than 10%. But he insisted that I should first try to claim insurance. He assured that claims easily get approved or that he can get it approved and if need be he may even bribe (5-6k) the surveyor to get it approved.

Kindly advice.

This is the case with dealership taking advantage of you , if it had been my case , I will ensure that the particular manager won't survive in that post for long.[roll]. You don't have to bribe him , the mistake was in letting it go in for welding . Try to find someone related with insurance surveying , and they can negotiate things a bit .

Thread Starter #100
This is the case with dealership taking advantage of you ,
I can understand that.

if it had been my case , I will ensure that the particular manager won't survive in that post for long.[roll].
I don't think I have much power to do that. Neither do I think that is necessary. I just need to find a way to get my car in good condition.

You don't have to bribe him , the mistake was in letting it go in for welding .
Only because of that, Raghu said that the claim may not be approved. Otherwise there would have been no issues.

Try to find someone related with insurance surveying , and they can negotiate things a bit .
I don't have anyone known.

I think I'll just ask him to initiate the claim process and let surveyor decide. If he rejects the claim, I'll then try social media and approach the nodal officer et al.

One question that I have is, even if the claim gets rejected, do I need to pay the compulsory deductible? Also in this case my NCB will be protected, considering I have NCB cover?

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Just go ahead with the repairs and all.This is what insurance is for,right? So why worry.
Get it done at the earliest,as driving around with this jugaad welding ( and all that resulting misalignment) will be stressing other components and members of the monocoque chassis.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #103
I don't know how I missed updating here.

@bhvm , @VISHNUCARCRAZY and @mayankdixit sirs, Thank you, Thank You, THANK YOU!! for your guidance and answering my stupid queries. I got the RTB and Bearings replaced under insurance claim around 25 december. I'll post the breakup tomorrow as the bill is in the car. Had to grease some palms worth 4000.

I got my insurance renewed from Royal Sundaram for ₹23,152 for an IDV of 550000+44000 (road tax cover). I had availed the NCB cover so didn't lose out on NCB after the mentioned claim.

Weird thing is after replacing RTB and everything, I went to get my new Michelin tyres installed. We had planned to leave for our trip just after this. There I found two new issues. First, the front left tyre was touching the inner body. Second, Camber and Caster readings were way off in alignment. No local tyrewallah could adjust them, so went to Ford ASS again.

Even they had no idea how to correct caster and camber and tried some hit and trial by replacing front-left control arm and shocker. Luckily, the caster and camber came out okay after replacing these parts. I even got a 20% discount by a little buttering the SA there. And the very next day, we started for our trip.

Our trip: Gwalior - Trimbakeshwar - Shirdi - Vadodara - Gwalior

Thoroughly enjoyed this trip with new Michelin tyres and a peace of mind. Have also paid up the full loan amount last August i.e. within 3 years, so the car is completely mine. Just need to visit Mohali once to remove the hypothecation.

bhvm

Honoured Member
I got the RTB and Bearings replaced under insurance claim around 25 december. I'll post the breakup tomorrow as the bill is in the car. Had to grease some palms worth 4000.
Good. Now you can Heave a sigh of relief that RTB will be safe and sound.
So share pics of the tours. We have been really dying to Make a good trip.
But Sudden Lockdowns, Checking and all has just taken the Fun Factor out. Also Its not worth to risk the family.
Let me Satiate myself with your Pics.[cry]

Top Bottom