Ford Ecosport 1.5 TDCi Titanium (2016) Mars Red: The Mighty Apollo

Thread Starter #77
These things dont bend in normal run. its Suspension main support. Do check yourself If its actually bent or not.
What is it called?

I have already got this done. If it was wise or not, only time will tell. Though I myself am considering this a waste of time and money.

He disassembled the rear suspension and took this 'tube' out. Did some measurements and found that the beam in itself is okay. But the column which is attached to this beam's right end, to which the brakes and wheel is connected, is bent by almost 0.5 inch compared to left one. So his diagnosis was correct I think.

According to his earlier diagnosis that beam is bent, he wanted to get it straightened by pushing it down on a press. But since this column has welds he couldn't do the same thing here. So he cut the weld, pushed the upper part of plate, at the end of this column, so that distance becomes same compared to the left side and welded it again by putting small metal piece inside the gap.

Beam was in this orientation earlier
|--------------\
He pushed the upper part of right column to make it vertical i.e.
|--------------|

1) I am not really confident of his welding skills
2) Earlier the same tyre, though bent, was within the wheel well. Now it is protruding a little.

Thread Starter #81
I used Abro DI 502 diesel Fuel Injector cleaner and found no effect even after 200 kms run i.e. No effect either on engine noise or pickup.
I used the Abro IC 509 fuel injector cleaner in my Activa and no effect. Yet to use the same in my Santro when I go to get it refilled.
Will try STP next time and if that doesn't work either, will give up on these 'Snake oils'.

These things dont bend in normal run. its Suspension main support. Do check yourself If its actually bent or not. Compare with some other car at ASC.
Sir, now the suspension has skewed into this formation \------------\ .
I consulted another mechanic and he said that this guy has totally spoiled this part (tube/torsion bar) and I have no other option than to replace it.
The mech advised me to get it replaced by claiming insurance. What do you advise? Is it possible?
coz when I said that, "service centre guys will see welding and cutting on that part and will not consider it an accident".
To this he said, "dont worry about all this, just say that tyres are bent. I dont know how it happened. So, Get it replaced under insurance"

I have a long trip (2-3000 kms) planned this diwali so I asked the mech if I should get the part replaced before the trip, to which he replied that there is no immediate danger.
You can drive your car, only effect will be further uneven wear of tyres and nothing else. So I plan to get it replaced after diwali.

bhvm

Honoured Member
I used Abro DI 502 diesel Fuel Injector cleaner and found no effect even after 200 kms run i.e. No effect either on engine noise or pickup.
I used the Abro IC 509 fuel injector cleaner in my Activa and no effect. Yet to use the same in my Santro when I go to get it refilled.
Will try STP next time and if that doesn't work either, will give up on these 'Snake oils'.
These aren't snake oils.
On well maintained, Smooth engines you don't notice anything. I used them on my XUV and never noticed any change.
But on my Safari, It had Idle RPM issue which these things did resolve.

So if there is nothing to resolve, nothing will happen.

I consulted another mechanic and he said that this guy has totally spoiled this part (tube/torsion bar) and I have no other option than to replace it.
Better replace it.

The mech advised me to get it replaced by claiming insurance. What do you advise? Is it possible?
This will be dodgy. You have to cook up a tale how your underbody is ruined but without any dents on the exterior. I guess this will not be possible unless some bribing is involved.
only effect will be further uneven wear of tyres and nothing else
I am aware that bad alignment can eat away Safari tyres in 500 Kms. Yes 500.

Thread Starter #84
This will be dodgy. You have to cook up a tale how your underbody is ruined but without any dents on the exterior. I guess this will not be possible unless some bribing is involved.
Fortunately, I had a light Dent on the left which I got a slightly corrected when the Tube got spoiled
2016 Ford Ecosport: Repair or Claim Insurance?

I am thinking of extending the same reason I got the dent to this too -

We went to outstation. While my car was parked, a safari car while reversing hit my car at the position of wheels making that dent and misaligned tyres. I took it to a local mechanic there who did the temporary solution so that I could reach home. He did something (welded the tube) and corrected the dent on plastic parts slightly. Now the wheels have misaligned again. Hence replace the part and correct the dent too.

I think the story is pretty good. Only concern is that the local Ford ASS is the WORST. All customers are unsatisfied. Hence, I haven't got any service done there. Only once I went to buy Oil Filter for Eco there, they including the service centre manager Misbehaved with me as they wanted me to get service done at their place which I disagreed to. Also I am afraid if they would even be able to service the car properly. Should I try anyway?

Or there is another option. I have earlier made claim for insurance 2 times at Ford ASS at Kota. They seem to be better than the Gwalior one. I could stop at Kota on way back from my planned Trip. I'll stay at my friends place so it wont cost me either. Should I try that?

bhvm

Honoured Member
First, You should call the Tollfree of your Insurance Company or Talk to your Insurance agent (These guys are often friendly) and share the said tale. You will get a good sense of direction about what to do next.
Also ask the cash Cost of said part at ASC. Sometimes it is not worth Loosing the NCB.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #86
First, You should call the Tollfree of your Insurance Company or Talk to your Insurance agent (These guys are often friendly) and share the said tale. You will get a good sense of direction about what to do next.
Also ask the cash Cost of said part at ASC. Sometimes it is not worth Loosing the NCB.
No insurance agent, i get it renewed online. Two mechs have told it would cost to the tune of 20k, will confirm at ASC too.

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
What is it called?
He disassembled the rear suspension and took this 'tube' out. .
So he cut the weld, pushed the upper part of plate, at the end of this column, so that distance becomes same compared to the left side and welded it again by putting small metal piece inside the gap.
Beam was in this orientation earlier He pushed the upper part of right column to make it vertical i.e.

1) I am not really confident of his welding skills
2) Earlier the same tyre, though bent, was within the wheel well. Now it is protruding a little.
Allowing the local untrained mechanic to cut through the factory welds of your rear suspension and permitting him to play around with the precise laser dependent measurements,and doing jugaad etc ,was a huge mistake.
Was your spring seat bent? Your tyre is sticking out now because all the measurements are ruined! Now the car will drive weird.
My Advice:
Please contact Ford ASS.

IMG-20191022-WA0008.jpg
IMG-20191022-WA0006.jpg
IMG-20191022-WA0007.jpg

Last edited:
Thread Starter #88
Allowing the local untrained mechanic to cut through the factory welds of your rear suspension and permitting him to play around with the precise laser dependent measurements,and doing jugaad etc ,was a huge mistake.
Was your spring seat bent? Your tyre is sticking out now because all the measurements are ruined! Now the car will drive weird.
My Advice:
Please contact Ford ASS.

View attachment 265343 View attachment 265344
Not the spring seat but the Flange part i think. The part where the brakes attach to the torsion bar.

I myself was not comfortable getting it modified but on advise of some elder at home I went ahead with it. Later I realized that maybe he didn't have much idea either.
Now whats done is done. I'll get the part replaced. Only question is should I get it right now or after my 3000 kms trip which I have to go on 3 days later.

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Not the spring seat but the Flange part i think. The part where the brakes attach to the torsion bar.

I myself was not comfortable getting it modified but on advise of some elder at home I went ahead with it. Later I realized that maybe he didn't have much idea either.
Now whats done is done. I'll get the part replaced. Only question is should I get it right now or after my 3000 kms trip which I have to go on 3 days later.
Right Now.
If that's not possible,at least anytime BEFORE the trip.

Top Bottom