Ford Ecosport 1.5 TDCi Titanium (2016) Mars Red: The Mighty Apollo

Thread Starter #62
Thread Starter #63
Couldn't find a mechanic who would not blame the Tires for this uneven wear, yet.

But now I have read many articles on Cupping, Feathering and Heel-Toe wear till now. IMO my tyre is suffering from Heal-Toe wear which is caused due to unbalanced tyres, instead of Cupping wear. And now I think even the guy who said "tyre me gaddhey hain" didn't get it right.

Same is stated in these two articles -
10 Things Your Tires Can Tell You About Your Car
Be careful with your diagnosis, though. Even tire shops sometimes incorrectly identify feathering or heel-toe wear as cupping
Is heel and toe tire wear reversible?
friendly_jacek: LOL, I did the X-rotation last night and noise got worse. I hope this will improve with time.

kitacam: It should sound louder as you're rubbing off the high points/leading edges...but once that's done all should be smooth...and quiet.
I faced the same issue as this Bobistheoilguy guy. When I X rotated the tires, they were making much more noise.

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
What?
Stand at the hood of your car and push/bounce the car vigorously.. After you leave the hands it should not continue to bob around more than 2-3 times.
Repeat each corner.
Bushings are checked by manually jerking them & checking for play, untoward movement (needs a lift).

Check Scotty kilmer channel for better instructions.

Thread Starter #68
What?
Stand at the hood of your car and push/bounce the car vigorously.. After you leave the hands it should not continue to bob around more than 2-3 times.
Repeat each corner.
Bushings are checked by manually jerking them & checking for play, untoward movement (needs a lift).
He is saying that most probably Right Rear shocker has gone bad and he can confirm only after opening it up. I asked him about bearings and bushes to which he said they must be okay but we can know more only after opening it up.

Thread Starter #71
@bhvm sir, I showed the car to mahindra first choice here. A mechanic there drove the car for 2-3 kms and said that there is no issue with the suspension. They didn't do the bounce-the-car and they advised against opening up suspension to check for any failure.

When I asked him why is there cupping on the tyre then, he said it is due to driving on low pressure.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Cupping does not happen due to low pressure. Low pressure will form 2 bands on the sides.
Do one thing, swap the heavily cupped tyre to spare wheel and drive for few months. Also get Tyres balanced & flipped.

Thread Starter #73
Cupping does not happen due to low pressure. Low pressure will form 2 bands on the sides.
Do one thing, swap the heavily cupped tyre to spare wheel and drive for few months. Also get Tyres balanced & flipped.
Some new development -
I went to another mech. He again did the 'rock the wheel' thing and said that there is no issue with your suspension.
But when I asked about uneven wear, he said that the 'tube' between both rear tyres has tilted on the right causing the uneven wear on Rear right tyre.
He is saying that he can get it straightened on some machine.
Labor cost - 1000
Machine work cost - 1200
Kindly advice.

Top Bottom