Ford Ecosport 1.5 TDCi Titanium (2016) Mars Red: The Mighty Apollo

What the local mechanic did was , to fix it cosmetically than mechanically .
For suspension related components never go for repair , even if its just a bush , always go for replacement (Because suspension components are one time installation parts , once damaged , it needs replacement , a repair job won't last nor it does any good )

Thread Starter #93
XCD do you have another car to complete the trip?
No, sir. I have Santro but I don't consider it safe enough to be driven on highway. I'll have to go by train then.

I went to Ford ASS today. They say that Rear Torsion Bar RTB can be replaced under insurance. It costs 20,000. He was saying that some other parts eg Wheel bearing costing 6500 each will also be replaced, which may not be covered under insurance. I am not too sure about Bearing to be replaced, as it seems fine to me. This will obviously take 10-15 days as they don't have parts in stock.

Thread Starter #94
@bhvm ,@VISHNUCARCRAZY & @mayankdixit sirs, Thank you for your valuable advice. I have postponed the pending trip for december and will be taking only minor trips for now. I'll claim insurance after Diwali anyhow.
One more query - what all do I need to keep in mind while claiming insurance, so that the ASC doesn't fleece me. For eg. Is it necessary to replace the Bearings even if they have not been touched by that mech?

Another thing, my insurance is getting expired on 21st November. I have 25% ncb but no ncb protection in this policy. Earlier i was thinking of getting NCB protection in next policy and make claim after that. But seeing the gravity of situation right now, I don't think it is wise to delay replacing this part. Kindly comment if there is any other way out.

Is it necessary to replace the Bearings even if they have not been touched by that mech?
No. But maybe they will get the hub out and hammer those bearings out. Hence they are saying to replace.
is getting expired on 21st November. I have 25% ncb but no ncb protection in this policy.
If you can wait a month or so, Renew the Policy with NCB protection then make claim next week. You can use santro in city for now.

Thread Starter #96
Renew the Policy with NCB protection then make claim next week.
Just to clarify, you meant 'month' in place of 'week'?

1) I have three options - Royal Sundaram, Tata Aig & Edelweiss. I think out of these RS is the better option. Kindly advise.

2) Mostly my car is parked in a gated community but I have taken Invoice cover in my last 2 policies to ensure peace of mind when while visiting outstation, I have to stay at some hotels with no proper parking. Should I continue with this cover?

Just to clarify, you meant 'month' in place of 'week'?
I meant renew policy after a month. and Make claim a week or so after renewal. Same day claim will raise doubts.

but I have taken Invoice cover in my last 2 policies to ensure peace of mind when while visiting outstation, I have to stay at some hotels with no proper parking. Should I continue with this cover?
It is recommended to take max covers as much as possible with Insurance. Make sure RSA is added too. Keep the IDV high.
Own damage has remained anything but a fraction of Premium. These days , Third party charges & Taxes form roughly 80% of whatever I pay for my own cars. Thanks to ever increasing charges & taxes loot.

Top Bottom