Ford Ecosport 1.5 TDCi Titanium (2016) Mars Red: The Mighty Apollo

bhvm

Honoured Member
Tire Size Comparison
its 3 percent taller. Which is on the border allowable. Your Car will be raised 5mm (10/2).
Your gearing will become taller and top speed will increase. ODO & Speedo will be inaccurate. FE will be inaccurate.
Could be done if price difference is minor.

Thread Starter #51
Tire Size Comparison
its 3 percent taller. Which is on the border allowable. Your Car will be raised 5mm (10/2).
Your gearing will become taller and top speed will increase. ODO & Speedo will be inaccurate. FE will be inaccurate.
Could be done if price difference is minor.
Its actually cheaper.
Primacy 4ST in 205/60 - ₹7800
Primacy 4ST in 205/65 - ₹6800

Thread Starter #53
A little misadventure -
Obviously, removing stones stuck in the tread lessen the noise to an extent but it was not completely silent. Last week, I went to get the Cross Rotation done since, I had not gotten it done for past 15k kms. After that, I instantly noticed pretty violent noise from FRONT LEFT, which was way too much compared to the previous noise [Later I realized that this tyre was the main culprit even before when it was placed at Rear Right]. I went back to the rotation guy, he told me that tyres will take some time to make grip on road. He assured that the noise will subside in some time.
Next day I had to go to Delhi. This whole journey was a tormenting and painful experience for me and for my car. There was pretty loud noise from tyres and I could sense 'very slight' jumping motion as well. As soon as I reached Delhi, I went to a tyre alignment shop to confirm if the noise was only from tyres or something else had faulted too. Luckily it was just the tyres. Though the alignment guy was insisting on Alignment, I asked him to exchange the Front Left and Rear Right tyres to check if noise subsides. Luckily it did.
Since I am planning on changing all 4 tyres soon, so postponed getting alignment then and came back to my home. The return journey was comfortable. Though the tyre is still making some noise but its lot less then when it was placed in front. On closer inspection I could see uneven wear on the inner tread on this tyre. Tyre guy was saying something like 'gaddhe hai tyre me'.

Thread Starter #54
As stated in this thread, I was on the lookout for new tyres for my Eco as current tyres -
- have lots of micro cracks
- have uneven wear (due to My OWN Fault)
- two tyres were involved in an accident which resulted in alloys cracking,
- lot of noise due to age and uneven wear

Mind you they still offer ample Grip and are pretty Comfortable on high speeds when filled to 35psi. I personally want these tyres to last much more, they have done almost 45,000 kms in last 3 years but since I have a 3000+ kms trip planned for late October, I am not too keen on taking chances.

Now, I narrowed down to and rejected the below options after searching at Amazon -
1) Michelin Primacy 4ST - 205/60 R16 - 7800 each - Most recommended tyre on every online portal but EXPENSIVE
2) Yoko Bluearth AE50 - 205/60 R16 - 5450 each - Poor Wear reviews. 80% of Michelins otherwise. Will prefer Kenda KR23 instead.
3) Yokohama Earth 1 - 205/60 R16 - 5550 each - Better wear but Noisy than Bluearths
4) Kenda Komet KR10 - 205/60 R16 - 3800 each - most VFM tyre but lowest in hierarchy in Komet series, so skipped this.
5) Kenda Komet Plus KR23 - 205/65 R16 - 4300 each - This is the top tier in Komet series. Would've gone for this if not for the Michelins. Next time, maybe. Kenda |

BOUGHT -
Michelin Primacy 4ST - 205/65 R16 - 6800 each - VFM for Michelins. A little upsize with a 3% differential. Costed me 6800 - 680 (10% discount) = 6120 each + 375 cashback. Seemed VFM at 6100 and also since bhvm sir gave a green light, I ordered 4 of these tyres. Will replace the stepney few months down the line in next sale. Tyres have reached me. Three tyres are 30th Week and one is 28th week 2019 made. I will fit them a week before I go for the upcoming trip. Till then enjoying my MRFs.

PS. Can someone guide what buyback should I expect for MRFs? Most of the tyre guys said that they are good for another 10,000 kms.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #55
US $23.53 47% OFF|Smart Car TPMS Tyre Pressure Monitoring System Alarm Solar TMPS Control 4 Wheel Internal External Wireless Tire Pressure Sensor-in Tire Pressure Alarm from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Ordered this Deelife TPMS from Aliexpress for Rs. 1700. Should get it delivered within next 10 days. I ordered the model with external sensors. There is another option of Internal sensors available. Will post further review after using it.

I am planning to buy a Liqui Moly Fuel Injector Cleaner for my 65k+ run Santro. Any views/concerns about this product?

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
1. Please stay away from external TPMs.

2. Use abro or STP rather than liqui moly.

3. 'gaddhey in Tyre' happens due to faulty bearings or wear in suspension components. It Means the circumference of tyre becomes uneven. Fine gaddhey are often bearings. Which give a humming sound. Larger one's could be tie rods etc.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #57
3. 'gaddhey in Tyre' happens due to faulty bearings or wear in suspension components. It Means the circumference of tyre becomes uneven. Fine gaddhey are often bearings. Which give a humming sound. Larger one's could be tie rods etc.
So should I get the suspension checked before putting in new tyres? Unfortunately the lone ford service station at gwalior is truly hopeless. Neither do we have any good fng here.

Thread Starter #59
Yes. Otherwise it will also ruin new tyres.
Lol. I just went to two local 'highly rated on Google' workshops including a Mahindra first choice and they both said that it is a tyre issue and you should show this to a tyre guy.
When I countered that it may have been due to damaged bush or loose bearing or even shockers, they outright rejected it.
Now, I'll have to get it checked somewhere else, maybe another city.

bhvm

Honoured Member
With the vehicle on lift or jacks, grab the tyres at top & bottom. Jerk them. Do you sense any movement? Also hold it left right & try again.

You can do each wheel at Home also.

Top Bottom