Ford Driving Skills for Life - India Tour (Bangalore Session)

Thread Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

Ford has organized Driving Skills for Life event tomorrow, sorry to inform at last moment, I was browsing my facebook account and read a message from Ford Figo.

Time : Saturday, September 17 · 11:30am - 2:00pm

Location : Lathangi Ford, 448, Opp to IIMB, Bannerghatta Road, Bangalore

Created By : Ford India

Facebook Page: Ford Driving Skills for Life - India Tour (Bangalore Session) | Facebook

350Z

Core Team
Thanks for information. It’s a great initiative by Ford. Did you attend the event today?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #5
Sorry for the delay guys, I tried to scan the materials given during the event my bad luck scanner not functioning properly. I'll update tomorrow.

hey buddy congrats and kudos to ford..you can upload pics later but atleast tell what happened there!!

Thread Starter #7
Hello Everyone,
Sorry to delayed update, thank to my hectic work schedule.
Below are the three main things discussed @ DSFL (Driving Skills for Life)
Ø Safe Driving
Ø Economic Driving and
Ø Eco-Friendly driving

Theory session consisted of presentations and videos related to above mentioned topics; I’ll upload the materials shared.
The practical session consisted of below exercises:
We had group of very minimal participants – total of 6 people. (Most of they were not aware since it was communicated via face book)
For Testing we had two machines, Fiesta 1.6 and Figo 1.4
First step in practical session was to observe the check the basic security steps in and out of the car viz
Ø Checking air pressure (low or tires are not flat),
Ø Seat belts,
Ø Headlights, horn and indicator functioning (Basic functions of the car)
Ø Any malfunction warning on the console and
Ø Adjusting the view mirrors and side mirrors.

Braking: We were instructed to drive at a speed of 50kmph, and when they reached the marked spot, we have to brake. How to brake - any which way - gradual, or panic braking.

We were asked to guess the distance at which the car would come to a halt.

Maintain 3 cars distance while following another car when driving fast (mostly on a highway). Of course this rule cannot be applied in the bumper-to-bumper traffic while driving in city.
This rule changes to 6 cars while driving in bad weather (when visibility is bad - rain/fog).

Use Vehicle's momentum: We were instructed to drive and reach a marked spot on the road at a speed of 50kmph and when we reach the marked spot, driver has to remove his leg from the accelerator and were not to press the clutch or brake and check the distance till where the vehicle would run/stop using the initial momentum.

Braking: We were instructed to drive at a speed of 50kmph, and when they reached the marked spot, we have to brake. How to brake - any which way - gradual, or panic braking.We were asked to guess the distance at which the car would come to a halt.
Use Vehicle's momentum: We were instructed to drive and reach a marked spot on the road at a speed of 50kmph and when we reach the marked spot, driver has to remove his leg from the accelerator and were not to press the clutch or brake and check the distance till where the vehicle would run/stop using the initial momentum.
What is the outcome ?

Thanks Nofate for sharing.

Not able to attach the PDF and Zip files
What's the size ? You can upload it on some other site and give us links.

350Z

Core Team
The event is open for everyone but you have to register in advance because it’s on first come first serve basis due to limited availability of seats. Attached below is the schedule for other cities. You can register by sending your Name, City and Phone Number to fordfigo[at]gmail.com. Official website: Driving Skills For Life | Driving Ford

- Saturday, Sep 17, Bangalore, 11:30am - 2pm
- Sunday, Sep 25, Mumbai, 11:30am - 2 pm
- Saturday, Oct 1, Delhi, 11:30am - 2pm
- Sunday, Oct 9, Chandigarh, 11.30am - 2pm
- Saturday, Oct 15, Chennai, 11:30am - 2pm

ford.png

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom