Ford December Dhamaal is 'Midnight Surprise'. Now Back!

Thread Starter #1
Ford has just announced a December Dhamaal sale tomorrow from 8am to midnight across Ford showrooms across the country. They say you can win prizes. There are prizes up to Rs. 1 crore . So if you book the car on Dec 4, you have chances of win mobile phone, DVD player, fridge or even an LCD TV!. Check it out. http://bit.ly/hw2daj[clap]

Good move by Ford !!!! Ford indeed should be appreciated with the wonder product - Ford Figo.

Glad to hear this.

welll this means dealerships will be open at midnight also?? well i think more than any dhamaal scheme this is to clear stocks in last month of year. ford will have already manufactured so many figos now!

Simply to clear the old 2010 stock which I think they might have. Once the 2011 stock is in production the 2010 stock will not sell. Hence companies throw offers during December and Janurary. However people are smart and they buy cars mostly after 15Jan; so as to get the new years manufacturing date![evil]

+1 to gear's! And if people say they save some money by going in for stock clearance sales they will lose the same in re-sale!

350Z

Core Team
It is always fun in visiting the various showrooms and watch the tricks by auto manufacturers during the year-end. This is also an interesting technique used by Ford to create a sudden chaos of buyers in the dealerships, and I can see that it has made a successful effect too. Here are a few pictures of the decorated Ford showrooms.

8.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Midnight Sale by Ford - The American Right!

So here we go! who can do it better than Uncle SAM [clap].
Ford is planning to have a midnight sale from 8 PM to 12:00 AM on 4th Dec.
On offer would be discounts, offers, prizes, fun and games and MEHENDI (Please don't do this, CARs are a man Toys, mean machines you know)
Just mememrizing the words from a Ford SE before buying mine. Car is the next big possesion after house. Not sure what would be in store, but kinda unique way of selling cars.
Creativity all around! Lets see what this Indian THANKSGIVING make people rushing for stores (I mean showrooms [:D])

350Z

Core Team
Re: Midnight sale by Ford!! AMERICAN right!

I'm adding further to this information from Ford's official press release:

- Ford India brings back its hugely popular 'Midnight Sale' on December 4 with exciting offers for customers

- All Ford India dealerships across the country will remain open from 8 a.m. to midnight to encourage customers and their families to come and experience Ford cars

- Besides exciting offers, customers also stand to win surprise gifts on all Ford cars purchased during this limited-period sale

- Every customer who books a car during the 'Midnight-Sale' will receive a unique code coupon (given at the dealership after booking of the vehicle) and can win gifts such as LED TVs, Blackberry phones, digital cameras and DVD players.

"After last year’s runaway success, we decided to bring back the ‘Midnight-Sale’ considering the needs of those consumers who have been looking at purchasing a car but are hard-pressed for time. The uniquely designed event will make it convenient for them to buy a car besides offering an opportunity to avail great offers and win surprise gifts. This makes it the best day ever to buy a Ford car." - Nigel E. Wark, Ford India's executive director, Marketing, Sales and Service.

ford-india-discounts.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: Ford December Dhamaal - Showrooms Open Till Midnight

A publicity gimmick which seems to have carried over from last year. As long as it is able to pull crowds nothing better than this!!

350Z

Core Team

Ford is offering a really tempting deal on Fiesta Classic’s top of the line 1.6 SXi Petrol. The discount includes assured gift scratch card etc. The dealer told that a couple of people already booked one in the morning and won LED TV and Digicam. Though only white shade is available this month since factories have shut and one has to wait until January if interested in other colours.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Dont know how many Sales Advisors might be cursing Ford, for making them work overtime.

And i am wondering how many buyers are interested to make a deal at the midnight.

Ok for the working class, keeping the showroom open till 10 pm is acceptable, but upto midnight , i don't know what to say.

May be customers can take a long drive in less traffic.

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team

The showrooms here are fully packed with buyers. So I’m sure that this scheme has definitely been a good marketing move from Ford. I contacted the showroom at 11:30 PM and sales representative was still ready to drive down the car to my home for test drive and booking. Each sales person is gaining a fairly good amount of commission. Hope they shouldn’t mind much about it for a night.

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team

Update! Ford has extended the Midnight sale. Dealer just called me up to inform the same.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Ford India plans midnight sale this sunday

In a move to boost sagging sales, Ford India has advanced its yearly promotional event-Midnight Sale-from December to May. This Sunday, all its showrooms across 123 cities will remain open till midnight, luring potential buyers with goodies such as LED TVs, DVDs, special interest rates and an assured gift on the purchase of every car.

"This is the quieter time of the year. So, we want to bring in some excitement and draw people into the showroom," says Nigel Wark, executive director (marketing, sales and service) Ford India.

Ford is hoping to replicate the success of its previous Midnight Sales when its dealers sold over 15-day stock in just two days. In the past some of our dealers have managed to sell two to four times their normal average, says Wark. "We see no reason why it could not be replicated this time."

Source:
Ford India plans midnight sale this sunday - The Economic Times

Top Bottom