Ford Aspire - Hard Clutch

Thread Starter #1
I have a 2016 Ford Aspire 1.5 TDCI which has now completed 61K kms. Recently noticed that the clutch is becoming quite hard which is hurting my legs during city drives. Complained about it to the Ford Service center during the 60K service and was told that the clutch plates need replacement. I am quite careful during driving and does not keep my leg on the clutch, at the same time my daily commute is in city traffic with frequent start stops.

Is there any other solution other than clutch plate replacement and if the clutch has to be replaced what would it cost approximately if done at Ford dealer.

Recently had a driver who drove the car for close to 10K kms. Would it be due to his driving style that the clutch has this issue ?

Any advice would be welcome.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
you have extracted almost 50% extra life from the clutch. usually clutch go kaput around 40k kms with normal usage. even my figo's clutch is going good at 55k kms.
you can check for prices of any part at this website
Ford Service Promise

Clutch Overhaul (Diesel)
Clutch Release Bearing1717
Clutch Fluid699
Transmission Oil1215
Exhaust gasket/input shaft sleeve514
Clutch disc & pressure Plate (Diesel)3088
Total Spare Parts (Including All Taxes)7233
Total Consumables Charges (Including All Taxes)94
Total Labour Charges (Including Taxes)2903
Grand Total

Thread Starter #3
Thank you "allhyundaicars." Maybe I will get the clutch overhaul done. Apologies for the ignorance - but will it help if the clutch fluid and maybe the clutch release bearing are changed.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
There's no point in changing just one part. The clutch and pressure plate will eventually wear out to fail and you will end up paying for double labor.
Hyundai always recommend to change the flywheel as well along with clutch plates and pressure plate , which cost a lot and I have never changed it in my car's during clutch overhaul and never faced an issue. So don't bother changing the flywheel if Ford too recommends it.

You are right @allhyndaicars. although the problem seems to be of clutch release bearing as RPM1975 didnt mention about clutch slippage. But its good to go for complete overhaul as already the car has done 60k and its quite obvious that the plates might hold good for next 20k max, but again at that point clutch overhaul labour need to be paid. so better to do the complete overhaul.

Top Bottom