Ford Aspire Facelift Launched (Coverage Page-3)

Re: Ford Launching a New Car on 04th October

It should most probably be the new Figo/Aspire.

One of my friends is working with Ford India and he confirmed that Ford is certainly bringing in the Mondeo and another sedan to compete with the likes of City and Verna but that's happening sometime later next year. He assured that there's an interesting lineup of products that Ford is going to release in India one by one before the end of next year. Glad that Ford is considering Indian market seriously! Exciting times!

Cheers!

I thought Mondeo was one level above City and Verna. I could be wrong

It should be updated Figo twins, I think there will be automatic options as well, hope they are mated with 1.2 dragon engines so they can be VFM automatics.

Nairrk

Honoured Member

2018 Ford Aspire to be launched in India on October 4

Ford is all set to launch the 2018 Aspire in India on October 4. The updated Ford Aspire sedan was unveiled earlier this year for the international markets. The one that is sold in the South African markets is the one manufactured at Ford's Sanand facility. We expect the updated Aspire to feature the same design and interior changes as the one shown in the images below.

Other than this, most changes seen on the sedan will make its way to the Indian-spec car. These changes are a new bumper with silver inserts similar to the black ones on the new freestyle, a redesigned headlamp cluster, and a larger front grille finished in silver. Changes to the rear are limited to new inserts in the rear bumper and a subtle black lip at the bottom to break the monotony. South African cars get six colour options - Oxford White, Deep Impact Blue, Moondust Silver, Ruby Red, Smoke (Grey), and White Gold.

The interior gets the new dash design from the Freestyle. The South African cars miss out on the top Titanium trim and consequently the 6.5-inch Sync 3 infotainment from the Freestyle. The Indian-spec Aspire/Figo will offer this though. Mechanically, the South-African Figo get the new 1,5-litre Dragon petrol which debuted on the facelifted Ecosport. Unsurprisingly, Indian cars will get the 1.2-litre Dragon motor seen on the Freestyle, which makes 96PS/120Nm. The diesel variant will continue to be offered the 1.5-litre 100PS/215Nm motor.The Figo/Aspire twins have not been the most successful for Ford. this update should bring them closer to rivals like the recently launched Honda Amaze, in terms of features and styling.

Source:

It should most probably be the new Figo/Aspire.

One of my friends is working with Ford India and he confirmed that Ford is certainly bringing in the Mondeo and another sedan to compete with the likes of City and Verna but that's happening sometime later next year. He assured that there's an interesting lineup of products that Ford is going to release in India one by one before the end of next year. Glad that Ford is considering Indian market seriously! Exciting times!

Cheers!
In my opinion the present Figo twins are not that old in the market. If its going to be a mere cosmetic facelift then they could do that simply why to call it as launching and all. Some how I feel its a bad idea to announce a new version every year with year tag unless something changed drastically. This is just wasting people time, this can be done thru media and news papers simply thats it

In my opinion the present Figo twins are not that old in the market. If its going to be a mere cosmetic facelift then they could do that simply why to call it as launching and all. Some how I feel its a bad idea to announce a new version every year with year tag unless something changed drastically. This is just wasting people time, this can be done thru media and news papers simply thats it
Thats advertising. Instead of running ads on TV they seem to be doing via new product launch. Every year figo launch. 2017 figo, 2018 figo launch, then we will have 2019 launch and so on.. trying to keep the car fresh, may be. :stupid:

The new launch of the Figo would be having most of the features from the Ford Freestyle. It may also be getting the dragon series engine. I wonder if they are getting new gearboxes for the diesel and autoboxes for the petrol engines. I don't see anything wrong in updating the car, as far as the changes are not purely cosmetic and are adding features. The VW Polo, Vento for example have always remained quite the same, but have been upgraded in terms of gearbox, engine and features.
Ford needs to bring it as a new car, as it is not a high selling car like Swift, where people would be following the car, and finding out about the updates. When a less known, low seller has been updated, you need to hit the street and inform people what is new to pull them to your showrooms.

Re: Ford Aspire Facelift Launching on 04th October

Friends,

Ford India has sent us a "Block the Date" intimation for their upcoming new car scheduled for the launch on 04th of October at New Delhi. So, any guesses what's in store?

Regards

Akash
Please post details of the Figo/ Aspire launch

I don't see anything wrong in updating the car, as far as the changes are not purely cosmetic and are adding features. The VW Polo, Vento for example have always remained quite the same, but have been upgraded in terms of gearbox, engine and features.
+1 here. In my opinion, there's still a gap to fill in the diesel automatic hatch/sub 4m car space. Though Maruti, Honda, and VW have diesel automatics, each has its own flaws. Maruti is a lifeless AMT-1.3D combo, Amaze CVT has lesser power and torque, and the reliability of DSG is enough to scare people away from VW.

In my opinion, while I understand Ford's investments are targeted towards petrol engines, Ford should consider mating its DCT gearbox with the 1.5D gem of an engine to see some bump in the sales numbers. Just to milk from the diesels before it's too late.

Cheers!

Re: Ford Aspire Facelift Launching on 04th October

DCT will suffer similarly to DSG in our traffic, better to mate the F15 gearbox on Ecosport to the Diesel Engine. It handles ecoboost engine in Export markets, which does produce 200nm torque in over boost mode, so should be able to handle the 1.5D engine.

AMT's are always a pain to drive.

Top Bottom