Ford Aspire Facelift Launched (Coverage Page-3)

Thread Starter #31

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Ford Aspire Facelift Launching on 04th October

Friends,

We attended the Official Launch of the New Ford Aspire by Ford India today @ New Delhi. The new Aspire is launched at Ex-Showroom price of Rs. 5.55 Lacs. Here is the Official Coverage of the launch event by The Automotive India.

20181004_123843.jpg

IMG_4671.JPG

IMG_4673.JPG

IMG_4679.JPG

IMG_4676.JPG

20181004_125810.jpg

20181004_125856.jpg

IMG_4710.JPG

Thread Starter #37

Akash1886

Honoured Member
I think for those looking for a compact Sedan manual, this beats the Dzire, Accent, Amaze and Tigor in drivability and most other criteria. Tigor is probably only better VFM option.
The only reason now to go for Dzire, Amaze for "MANUAL" versions s probably if you value LED headlights, better looking cars and Shark fin antenna over safety.
However, by not bringing an automatic with the 1.2P and 1.5D Ford is missing out on a huge chunk of Ford loyal customers wanting a 2nd car for city use to complement their Endevour/Ecosport.

Last edited:
Re: Ford Officially Launches Aspire & Figo Hatch Sports Variant

Though I am happy with the update, with the new engine options, I am disappointed with Ford with the way they have chosen the features.
The free extended warranty of 5 years/1 lakh kms is quite tempting along with the pricing.
The automatic petrol variant in Titanium variant is costlier than the Diesel manual in Titanium plus. The reason here is the excise benefits which are not available on the 1.5 petrol engine. I wonder why Ford did not try to bring in a 1.2 Petrol automatic, which could have been priced much lesser.
ESP+TCS+HLA is available only on the automatic variant, which is unfortunately available in Titanium which misses out on side and curtain airbags and Microsoft Sync.
The Freestyle on the other hand, gets this on the Titanium plus variant.
The base variant misses out on a Tachometer. This kind of rules it out for all other than cabbies, who mostly I have seen buying the Titanium variant of the diesel Aspire, which comes quite cheap with discounts.
The only addition I see on the Aspire is the rear arm rest and the boot as compared to the Freestyle, which has bigger wheels, better suspension, and more safety features.

Last edited:
Re: Ford Officially Launches Aspire & Figo Hatch Sports Variant

Though I am happy with the update, with the new engine options, I am disappointed with Ford with the way they have chosen the features.
The free extended warranty of 5 years/1 lakh kms is quite tempting along with the pricing.
The automatic petrol variant in Titanium variant is costlier than the Diesel manual in Titanium plus. The reason here is the excise benefits which are not available on the 1.5 petrol engine. I wonder why Ford did not try to bring in a 1.2 Petrol automatic, which could have been priced much lesser.
ESP+TCS+HLA is available only on the automatic variant, which is unfortunately available in Titanium which misses out on side and curtain airbags and Microsoft Sync.
The Freestyle on the other hand, gets this on the Titanium plus variant.
The base variant misses out on a Tachometer. This kind of rules it out for all other than cabbies, who mostly I have seen buying the Titanium variant of the diesel Aspire, which comes quite cheap with discounts.
The only addition I see on the Aspire is the rear arm rest and the boot as compared to the Freestyle, which has bigger wheels, better suspension, and more safety features.
I agree with this to an extent but there are some issues like, if Ford can price the diesel Titanium+ at 8.14 lakhs (diesel also is 1500cc so no tax benefits there as well,))the petrol Titanium too could have been priced in the 8.1-8.2 lakhs price range and a Titanium+ petrol AT in the 8.49 price range would have made more sense
Other nonsense Ford did is variant mixing is, the Trend+ variant , no seat height adjust in Trend+ , thats foolishness, specially since Trend+ might be one of biggest movers for the Aspire

Regarding engine choice, I feel the 1.5l Dragon is much needed engine rather than 1.2l for pairing Automatic, the thing is Torque converter Autos suck some power so in effect a 96 PS 1200 cc motor with a TC AT is almost like 90 PS Automatic car same way the 1.5 will be effectively just around 116 HP or so, with TC AT as gearbox, so the smaller 1200 cc engine might have to work harder most of the time, which means it wont be significantly more efficient than the 1.5 in day to day basis and the 1.5 has more power and torque makes it a better choice

I think Freestyle gets a good separation from Aspire because of the features on offer and thus they are well distinguished, so thats not something I would bother about,

I think if Ford provides the full length Aspire with 1.5 Auto which they manufacture in the same factory , it can undercut the Ciaz Automatic and will have good urban demand. The Figo will be there for those who dont require the bootspace.

I think if Ford provides the full length Aspire with 1.5 Auto which they manufacture in the same factory , it can undercut the Ciaz Automatic and will have good urban demand. The Figo will be there for those who dont require the bootspace.
It still wont be of any benefit for Ford in terms of volume as the volume always is with the diesel AMT cars, petrol Autos are best resorted to other brands. And out of the others I feel the Aspire Auto will be one of best sellers regardless of what Maruti does.
So in the petrol auto space Ford will have good dominance with Ecosport and Aspire Auto
Still it wont make any dent on Marutis AMT march as majority still are bent towards Maruti,Hyundai,Honda, badge whatever the situation may be on market.

The Ford Aspire was already a good product but completely overshadowed by the Maruti Suzuki Dzire and now the Honda Amaze. Dzire even with the old age 1.3 l DDIS Diesel engine is out selling the other sub 4m sedans, even though the Aspire's 1.5 l Diesel is more powerful.
As per Aspire Automatic goes, its the only proper automatic, AMTs are slow and Jerky whereas CVTs are slow with rubberband effect and gets annoying. So Aspire with the new 6 speed Torque Converter is the better one, but with a 1.5 l Petrol engine, no Tax benefits like a 1.2l Petrol and a 1.5 l Diesel would have had. But the final On Road price is still competitive in my books.

Ford would have gained more attention, if it would have had a Diesel Automatic but well, it would require investment for R&D to manufacture a Diesel Automatic lower down there range, which Ford is definitely not interested in currently.

Design wise, I feel its one of the better looking Sub 4m sedans, I dont like the chopped off nose kinda design of the Amaze and the chrome Pout face of the Dzire. Xcent is a total Disaster, whereas Tigor is the Best
P. S: Its my personal view as we know looks are Subjective. So no offense to any owners.

Definitely Ford Aspire would find itself on my Shortlist of cars when I look for an upgrade of my car in the future. Also the upcoming Ford Figo with the new dragon engines would be a great buy too

But at the end of the day, Aspire won't be setting fire to the sales charts.

Last edited:
https://www.cardekho.com/road-test/2018-ford-aspire-facelift-first-drive-review-565.htm

First take on Aspire and the highlight is petrol, we all know diesel will be good but the petrol is a cracker, I too had the same observation while I drove Freestyle petrol, the new Dragon series petrol engines are awesome, definitely they have come from some of most mediocre petrol to easily one of best petrol engine in segement, additionaly its both efficient and powerful, personally know a Freestyle petrol owner who is getting around 14 kmpl in complete city driving conditions, considering this engine pushes 96 horses thats an amazing number, also the new engine is very punchy as well, so for those who have the apprehention that Ford= diesel can change that, if running is low say below 10,000 kms a year petrol is better choice than diesel, previously I too would have said that even though petrol makes sense value wise fun and efficiency wise diesel will be better, not anymore the petrol Aspire will be outright better choice if running is low per annum.

Top Bottom