Force Launches "One" - The 140 BHP SUV (4x4, ABS & Base 82 PS Versions Now Launched)

Re: Force "One" the 140 BHP SUV to launch in July

Pretty average interiors IMO. After so many spy-shots, I think that I started expecting too much.

The interiors are healthier than what i was expecting from Force motors, though they don't justify the expected price. And in the pics i can see manual AC, i just hope the Indian version has ACC.

Interior looks quiet cool. Any idea about the launch date? Its already July. [:)]

word is that the Force One SUV may be delayed. there are issues with the a/c ducting, which is coming from china. force motors engineers are having to re do the ducting. however, they claim 200 units of the prototype will be ready by the end of the month. only a 2-wheel drive version will be launched initially. 4WD may or may not make it to market yet.

Thread Starter #66

AMG

Suspended

August 2011

10 -14 lakh.

BS Motoring

Daimler AG licenses SUV technology to FORCE Motors

Being the early pioneers of the Light Commercial Vehicle (LCV) Industry in India, Force Motors is best known for its iconic brands like the Tempo, Matador and Traveller, which continue to provide reliable low cost public transportation to the Indian masses.

However, at the core of its dominance in this particular segment is the company’s long standing business relationship with German auto giant Daimler AG. Spanning four decades now, Daimler AG (then Daimler Benz AG) were shareholders in FORCE (then Bajaj Tempo Limited), and suppliers of the famous OM 616 engine that powered FORCE’s entire range of light commercial vehicles in India.

Although, Daimler AG no longer holds shares in FORCE Motors, its long standing relationship with the indigenous commerical and light uitlity vehicle maker has now been further strenghtened. FORCE Motors Limited recently (25th July) signed a License Agreement with Daimler for the comprehensive supply of product technology, which in turn will facilitate its entry into the segment of passenger and goods vehicles in India.

Incidentally, Daimler had earlier licensed a modern 2.2 litre common rail engine, the OM 611 to FORCE Motors, which it is still using in its Traveller range of vehicles. An up rated version of this engine will see duty in the soon to be launched, ‘FORCE ONE’ SUV, that will become the first ever Force Motors branded SUV to be sold in the country. Similar variants of this modern engine will also be adopted by the company for installation in a new MPV, for which a licence is being obtained.

Apart from this, FORCE also has an on-going arrangement with MBtech Powertrain GmbH (MBtech), for sourcing technical assistance in regard to engine installation, vehicle build quality, electronic refinement, etc. Mbtech Powertrain GmbH (Mbtech) will also aid FORCE Motor’s development of the new MPV, that will take effect after the sanction of a new technical licence.

FORCE Motors is currently in a dialogue with the Madhya Pradesh Government on a location for its new manufacutring facility at Pithampur, where it plans to begin the production of its new MPV at the end of the year with an initial capacity of approximately 24,000 vehicles per annum.

Source: Daimler AG licenses SUV technology to FORCE Motors| Zigwheels.com

350Z

Core Team

I think most of us are aware that Force will be using the Daimler sourced engine for One. The interesting thing to look for is their MPV but keeping the fingers crossed until the One launches.

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team

is that force indian or some asian rubbish ?
Force is an Indian auto maker. They are mainly popular in the Commercial segment. ‘One’ is going to be their first attempt to establish grounds in the passenger segment.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Yes read the same news in paper today , their MPV is expected at the end of 2012 which will also be interesting.

Re: Force "One" the 140 BHP SUV to Launch in August

Hi, i think there was some confusion..people were thinking its chinese foday SUV but by looks of it looks it will be very different and intererior is also superb !

Re: Force "One" the 140 BHP SUV to Launch in August

As far as i remember reading somewhere Force is having trouble with the vehicle. And that is why it is being pushed constantly. I seriously hope that it comes out to give more options.

And Force is not a bad auto maker, they are the market leaders in 17 seaters and make best people movers.

Top Bottom