Force Launches "One" - The 140 BHP SUV (4x4, ABS & Base 82 PS Versions Now Launched)

Re: Force Launches "One" - The 140 BHP SUV (4x4, ABS & Base 82 PS Versions Now Launch

But the big question is would one spend say 14lakhs on Force Motors Car, while ditching the Scorpio/Strome?
To be honest, I quite like it and once did go to check it out at the Force Motors showroom. I was (am) smitten by its huge demeanour, the commanding driving position (nothing beats Safari on this though) the solid body on frame construction, the reliable Mercedes engine, and the overall old schoolness of the entire package. There was very little that I did not like (maybe because I had too little expectations to begin with) - the 'hanging tongue' look at the front (easily solved with that black bull bar as in the pic in Vibhor's post above), inconsistent shutlines (HUGE gap between the front door and the front fender), disproportionate headlamps, and the way it looks from the rear (Man = Moustache on the face ; SUV = Spare wheel on the tailgate :stupid:).

But I sort of do get your question. Its difficult to overlook the non-existing after sales network, the zero brand equity of Force motors in the passenger car segment, the unprofessional sales and service staff (can't blame them - they have been used to dealing with village bumpkins since ages), and the 'unknown quantity' tag that comes free with the One.

Still, I'd say if I had 14 lakhs or so to spend on a SUV, I'd definitely give this one a try. Illogical, yes; but then as I said, I quite like it.

Re: Force Launches "One" - The 140 BHP SUV (4x4, ABS & Base 82 PS Versions Now Launch

To be honest, I quite like it and once did go to check it out at the Force Motors showroom. I was (am) smitten by its huge demeanour, the commanding driving position (nothing beats Safari on this though) the solid body on frame construction, the reliable Mercedes engine, and the overall old schoolness of the entire package. There was very little that I did not like (maybe because I had too little expectations to begin with) - the 'hanging tongue' look at the front (easily solved with that black bull bar as in the pic in Vibhor's post above), inconsistent shutlines (HUGE gap between the front door and the front fender), disproportionate headlamps, and the way it looks from the rear (Man = Moustache on the face ; SUV = Spare wheel on the tailgate :stupid:).
Yes, you are right. ASS is a big issue for Force. [OT: Now, SCODA can claim that they have better ASS at least than Force [:D]]

Somehow, when I look at this vehicle on road it feels like a collage of different parts, but not in sync with each other! What I really mean is the front design, side profile & rear end if looked individually looks better, but they don't merge together that well to form a good overall design. May be my perception!!!
But then, since it is SUV with relatively big size, it manages to carry this these flaws.

a very close acquaintance of mine has one and my conclusion based on his long term experience is chassis, drive-train and engine are a gem - everything else will rattle/ fall off/break, electrics will be the least reliable , the less said about the after sales the better.

In short i have only one advice though i fully concur with what Sam said about the vehicle - avoid.

Had applied for TD on Force1 site. last week got called by sales rep after one month.
Sir you had inquired abt vehicle.
I said i will visit showroom on Hosur road, do you have vehicle available for TD on Saturdays.
I was surprised on his response.
"Sir, you come, we have lot of vehicles for Test Drive" [:D] [frustration]

Last edited:

Had applied for TD on Force1 site. last week got called by sales rep after one month.
Sir you had inquired abt vehicle.
I said i will visit showroom on Hosur road, do you have vehicle available for TD on Saturdays.
I was surprised on his response.
"Sir, you come, we have lot of vehicles for Test Drive" [:D] [frustration]
Please share your experiences once you are done with the test.

Top Bottom