For Volkswagen Polo Owners: ICE Upgrade for OEM Look

Re: For all POLO Owners ICE upgrade for OEM Look

Got the integrated music system as stock, they now comes in diesel comfortline variant too. I am more than happy with it amazing sound quality and beats, though i am not a complete music buff like many other here but i am happy with it's current performance.

Thread Starter #18

Got the integrated music system as stock, they now comes in diesel comfortline variant too. I am more than happy with it amazing sound quality and beats, though i am not a complete music buff like many other here but i am happy with it's current performance.
No track names , how do u live with that ?

I do live with that. Probably you listen to MP3 CDs making it difficult to recognize songs from hundreds of them. But I listen to original CDs and I dont find any problem at all, in fact I don't even look at HU screen while operating.

I do live with that. Probably you listen to MP3 CDs making it difficult to recognize songs from hundreds of them. But I listen to audio CDs and I dont find any problem at all, in fact I don't even look at HU screen while operating.

I do live with that. Probably you listen to MP3 CDs making it difficult to recognize songs from hundreds of them. But I listen to original CDs and I dont find any problem at all, in fact I don't even look at HU screen while operating.

Mods please delete this post. as I have modified and reposted it

Thread Starter #22

I do live with that. Probably you listen to MP3 CDs making it difficult to recognize songs from hundreds of them. But I listen to audio CDs and I dont find any problem at all, in fact I don't even look at HU screen while operating.

how many audio cds to make .. atleast one should have a collection of 200 songs that means 20 audio cds .. where will you keep them [surprise]
One way out is to take a print out of all the audio titles along with numbers and keep them somewhere in door pockets .
Also @toughguy and @rightnow, do you think whether the stock speakers can be replaced without wires cut . I know the stock speakers are revited at four places, how do we open them. I think at some point of time our ICE will go with the series of updates, Speakers followed by HU's or the other way ..my frnd owns fabia and he got skoda dance player, it looks good than ours with a bigger display and displays title name and has aux in , he got the car way back in 2010 and still happy with stock ICE with no updates till now

Last edited:

I always burn my favorite songs and keep them in mix mode (shuffle mode), if current song was not as per my mood the i just tweak the knob

how many audio cds to make .. atleast one should have a collection of 200 songs that means 20 audio cds .. where will you keep them [surprise]
On the delivery day itself i purchased a CD bag/case of soft material for INR 100, two 10 blank cd set for INR 100 each and burnt 10 of them my current collection have of new and old hindi songs, english songs, ghazals etc

Also @toughguy and @rightnow, do you think whether the stock speakers can be replaced without wires cut . I know the stock speakers are revited at four places, how do we open them. I think at some point of time our ICE will go with the series of updates, Speakers followed by HU's or the other way ..my frnd owns fabia and he got skoda dance player, it looks good than ours with a bigger display and displays title name and has aux in , he got the car way back in 2010 and still happy with stock ICE with no updates till now
Depends on person to person, i personally know few guys who love mods whether ICE or alloys they start changing everything from the date of purchase but i love simple and less complicated things and want to avoid warranty and insurance related hassles or may be to my long runs, If i look back at my past i changes car in less than 3 years on an average so i thought to save some money on this arena what say?

Hi dude, I will surely visit once rather will coordinate with you. I also have to show the rattles. 37k is on a higher side.( Are you sure it is having touch screen with navigation) I almost finalized Witson as it is direct plug and play but this would happen in april ( salary [clap])
Also I feel that we could save some duty if we coordinate and order ( all polo owners who want to upgrade in Delhi/NCR )
Also I think they have cut down prices and the above HU with rear view camera would not cost above 20k (including DHL and duty) but I would get the rear view camera installed after some time, I have seen it getting stolen. Also I plan not to get the GPS adaptor wiring done for the time being. The OEM speakers are made in belgium and will do the duty forever :stupid:
Have you bought it?or you are still planning.please let me know as i am interested in buying one.

Have you bought it?or you are still planning.please let me know as i am interested in buying one.
I dont't think anyone has bought Witson yet on this forum. For me, I would stick to OEM stereo for at least an year..

can anyone advise me a dual din music system (for Polo) in which i can browse my music files (in USb) like I do in my mobile phone's music player ?
In normal Usb music players all music files are used to be shuffled and then we have to memorize that song's track number.

Last edited:
can anyone advise me a dual din music system (for Polo) in which i can browse my music files (in USb) like I do in my mobile phone's music player ?
In normal Usb music players all music files are used to be shuffled and then we have to memorize that song's track number.
Dear nitrous navneet i know a user who has successfully managed to install witson OEM lookalike HU and doing great but that is on different automotive website. I dont know moderator will allow me or not to post a link of that forum ??

I guess that is very useful for all of polo owners as mine is also subjected to arrive in june :) (1.2 Highline - Pepper Grey).

You mean like viewing folders on a computer?

You would need double din with touchscreen. May we know the budget.

because of some reasons , now i pnanning to buy Punto instead of polo ,
punto comes with it's own HU , and we can not attach a dual din at it's place ...
BUt there is an other problem - NO USB ....
Now what to do for joining a USB in it ??
I heard about Fm modules , but don't know that much about them ..

BUt there is an other problem - NO USB ....
This device is called FM transmitter. I have heard people use it as an alternative to sub, but I am not using it so I may not be right person to comment on sound quality. But still it should come handy for listening mp3 from your media player or usb drive.

Something like this: fm transmitter | eBay

Last edited:

Top Bottom