Foodies Zone – Best Restaurants / Eat outs Places in Your City.

Re: Foodies Zone – Best Restaurants / Eat outs Places in Your City.

Ok, here comes the list of some of my favourite eateries in Pune:

1) Cold coffee, Misal pav, Burji pav: Durga Cafe- Kothrud

2) Sea food (esp. prawns, crabs, lobsters): Mahesh Lunch home- Camp area, Khyber- JM Road

3) "Losing my religion" (A dessert served in chocolate shell with molten chocolate
topped with Jack daniels), Variety of sizzlers, Savouries: 11 east street cafe- East street

4) Bhel, chaat: Kalyan Bhel- Kondhwa

5) South Indian breakfast: A small mess near Ayyappa temple (its the landmark) run by a Tamil family- Camp area
Rupali, Vaishali, Wadeshwar restaurants- FC road, Sai Sagar-Fathima Nagar
Loni sponge dosa, Chocolate sandwich: Vaibhavi & Ishaan- Destination centre, Magarpatta city

6) Veg Thali: Durvankur- Tilak road, Rajdhani thali-Shivaji nagar , Mayur thali- JM road
North Indian thali (homely): Ghar ka khana- Destination centre, Magarpatta city

7) Mutton and other non-veg Maharashtrian thali: Aaware-Tilak road

8) Arabic and Mughal non-veg cuisine: Markesh- Destination centre, Magarpatta city

9) Variety of Burgers, starters: Burger barn cafe-Koregaon Park,
Veg & non-veg Rolls: Rolls mania- Destination centre, Magarpatta city

10) Sweets: Kaka Halwai- Sadashiv peth, Chitale bandhu- Deccan,
Custom fondant cakes and pastries: Forennte-Koregaon park
Cupcakes, Apple strudel, Fresh juices and cold coffee: German bakery- Koregaon Park

11) Starter platters, Couple & group dinners: Shisha cafe- Koregaon Park, Basho's- Mundhwa

12) Romantic dinner, Family eatouts: Sen5es- Koregaon park, Addah- Koregaon park,
Atmosphere6- Viman nagar, 1000 Oaks- Camp

13) Starters with inhouse beer: TJ's brew works- Amanora mall

14) Dhaba food with live Ghazal: Kinara village Dhaba- Mumbai-Pune highway

15) Pyaz & mirchi pakodas, Wada pav, Ginger tea: Food stalls near Singhad fort

16) Post midnight hunger: Comesum-Pune station, Bhurji pav and tea stalls- Pune station

Tried not to list the eatery chains here which tastes the same almost everywhere, but still some are there in the list.
Being a veggie the non-veg restaurants listed here are my friends regular favourite places, I join them often and munch on
my limited menu of paneer, Mushroom and cauliflower dishes.

Last edited:
Remember seeing this in "Highway on my plate" in NDTVgoodtimes!. The owner's explanation was people bad mouth only about successful and extraordinary things, thus they named their kulfi as badnaam kulfi! [lol] The other odd title in the street they shown was "Thaggu ke laddu". Don't remember it was another shop or the same one.
Thaggu ke laddo and Badnam kulfi are from the same owners, only difference is the Ladoo is in a shop (a hole in the wall really, because of the foothpath), and the kulfi he churns next to the shop on the open foothpath

Ok, here comes the list of some of my favourite eateries in Pune:

1) Cold coffee, Misal pav, Burji pav: Durga Cafe- Kothrud

2) Sea food (esp. prawns, crabs, lobsters): Mahesh Lunch home- Camp area, Khyber- JM Road

3) "Losing my religion" (A dessert served in chocolate shell with molten chocolate
topped with Jack daniels), Variety of sizzlers, Savouries: 11 east street cafe- East street

4) Bhel, chaat: Kalyan Bhel- Kondhwa

5) South Indian breakfast: A small mess near Ayyappa temple (its the landmark) run by a Tamil family- Camp area
Rupali, Vaishali, Wadeshwar restaurants- FC road, Sai Sagar-Fathima Nagar
Loni sponge dosa, Chocolate sandwich: Vaibhavi & Ishaan- Destination centre, Magarpatta city

6) Veg Thali: Durvankur- Tilak road, Rajdhani thali-Shivaji nagar , Mayur thali- JM road
North Indian thali (homely): Ghar ka khana- Destination centre, Magarpatta city

7) Mutton and other non-veg Maharashtrian thali: Aaware-Tilak road

8) Arabic and Mughal non-veg cuisine: Markesh- Destination centre, Magarpatta city

9) Variety of Burgers, starters: Burger barn cafe-Koregaon Park,
Veg & non-veg Rolls: Rolls mania- Destination centre, Magarpatta city

10) Sweets: Kaka Halwai- Sadashiv peth, Chitale bandhu- Deccan,
Custom fondant cakes and pastries: Forennte-Koregaon park
Cupcakes, Apple strudel, Fresh juices and cold coffee: German bakery- Koregaon Park

11) Starter platters, Couple & group dinners: Shisha cafe- Koregaon Park, Basho's- Mundhwa

12) Romantic dinner, Family eatouts: Sen5es- Koregaon park, Addah- Koregaon park,
Atmosphere6- Viman nagar, 1000 Oaks- Camp

13) Starters with inhouse beer: TJ's brew works- Amanora mall

14) Dhaba food with live Ghazal: Kinara village Dhaba- Mumbai-Pune highway

15) Pyaz & mirchi pakodas, Wada pav, Ginger tea: Food stalls near Singhad fort

16) Post midnight hunger: Comesum-Pune station, Bhurji pav and tea stalls- Pune station

Tried not to list the eatery chains here which tastes the same almost everywhere, but still some are there in the list.
Being a veggie the non-veg restaurants listed here are my friends regular favourite places, I join them often and munch on
my limited menu of paneer, Mushroom and cauliflower dishes.
did you miss out on the "maharani" milk shake? did i get the name correct?
thanks
vinod

Last edited by a moderator:

did you miss out on the "maharani" milk shake? did i get the name correct?
Sorry bro, haven't heard of Maharani milkshake, I guess may be you are talking about Sujata Mastani? [cry] .
Its a "Puneri" milkshake with ice cream and fresh cream added to it, available in different flavours.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Today went to Smokey's BBQ and Grill, dlf cyber city , gurgaon.

Ordered a chocolate hazelnut cheescake shake :p a crispy veg burger and a veggie pizza.

Pizza was delicious , burger didn't have any patty in it but vegetables and different sauses. A new thing but could have been better. The burger bun was really good :D

They serve you with 6 different sauces. Atomic , mustard , tomato ketchup , chipotle , some chilly sauce and one another.

Will rate 3.5/5.

Attachments

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team

Today went to Smokey's BBQ and Grill, dlf cyber city , gurgaon.
Next time visit California Pizzeria in the same location (DLF Cybercity). Fantastic service and incredible food. You'll love it. It's well-worth the bucks.

Drive Safe,
350Z

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
@akash - those shawarma rolls are really good [:D] i used to go near nfc for 2 weeks and used to go there and have these whenever i could go :p

These are the best shwarma rolls i have ever eaten.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

True! You can only get the authentic ones there. Wednesday, I'll be going to Murthal for Sukhdev Dhaba's Dal and Tandoori Roti[glasses].

Enjoying the winters to the hilt buddy![lol]

Regards

Akash
I don't have any good experience at sukhdev. It used to be good. 2-3 times they have served uncooked dals and paneer. Don't like to eat parathas at night: p but if i go out of delhi with friends , we make a stop , they enjoy the parathas and i just have a basic sandwich and lassi. Odd combo but hunger goes away.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
A coverage of a different type buddies![:)]

The Food Street at Cyber City, Gurgaon is a paradise for food lovers. All types of cuisine at reasonable prices under one sky (not roof because most of the outlets have open air restaurants![lol])

Some pics!

photo2980.jpg

photo2981.jpg

photo2982.jpg

photo2983.jpg

photo2984.jpg

photo2986.jpg

photo2987.jpg

photo2989.jpg

Photo2990.jpg

Finally, to suffice my hunger, had a shwarma at Al-zaitoon at food court on the 1st floor.

photo2988.jpg

Regards

Akash

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddies,

Another morning another food destination![:)]

So here is the popular Sukhdev Dhaba at Murthal (Haryana). With the renovation its popularity has multiplied manifolds. Food is good but crockery is still dated and chairs are rickety. It now has both open air and inside sitting arrangements. But car parking is as usual a problem because of its popularity.

Pics!

Photo2992.jpg

Photo2993.jpg

Photo2994.jpg

Photo2995.jpg

Photo2996.jpg

Photo2997.jpg

Photo2998.jpg

After having lunch as I was about to leave, Saw this at the parking lot!:biggrin:

Photo2999.jpg

Regards

Akash

For hyd members or members who have been there and suggest few nice joints and dishes to try in veg at Hyderabad.
My family is visiting there so want them to try few delicacies of Hyderabad.
So please suggest places with area and joints names as well as dishes to try.

For hyd members or members who have been there and suggest few nice joints and dishes to try in veg at Hyderabad.
My family is visiting there so want them to try few delicacies of Hyderabad.
So please suggest places with area and joints names as well as dishes to try.
Hyderabad is a paradise for non-vegetarian food. Since, you have asked for vegetarian joints, here is the list

1. Chutneys - Has lot of branches - But my personal fav is the one near nagarjuna circle, banjara hills. - Very good lunch and tiffins
2. Santosh Dhaba, Secunderabad - It's not a dhaba atmosphere but the food is really tasty.
3. Dimpy Pan, Secunderabad - Awesome varieties of pan
4. Gokul Chat, Koti, Hyderabad - Chat is good. Don't miss the kulfi just outside the chat point.

Tell me the area that they would be staying so that I suggest more places nearby. [;)]

Our usual hangouts will be near our Area (Basaveshwaranagar) itself since it's very disguting to drive in a trafficky road on weekends too!

However let me share some joints(veg) we usually go about:
1) Masala Munch(Oppostie to Total Gaz Basaveshwaranagar): For better fried items and cold coffee, we love it!

2) Nalapaka(comes in the opposite road of Navrang Theatre Rajajinagar) : To have an unlimited North Karnataka Meal, costs INR 150 where the Jowar Roti is unlimited! I love the Brinjal Subji he prepares and butter served now and then, which after that he serves rice to make our Tummy full. The best part is the food is served in Banana leaf which makes the taste even good.

3) Davangere Benne Dosa Camp(8th Main Road Basaveshwaranagar):
The yummiest davangere dosa's i'd ever had and everybody at home loves eating it. The cook is from Davangere hence cooks same like one we get in Davangere too. Benne Kali is my favourite among them.

4) Ibaco(You find it everywhere) - our final resort after having dinner or lunch, the price is quite higher but you get to taste natural flavoured ice-creams!

5) Mantap Ice cream Parlor(On 8th Main road Basaveshwaranagar):
If we spend too much on hotel, we don't go to Ibaco and head straight into this place for better priced ice creams, this shop is here from a long time and the taste still doesn't change.

Top Bottom