Fond Of German Cars

Thread Starter #1
Hello guys, currently I own Maruti swift LDI(2011) want to change because I’m bored driving manual in Hyderabad with lot of traffic,I’m just done... need an advice on VW Jetta 2011 highline done 90k kilometers and asking price is 9L but I offered 7L as my budget is around 6-7L so please advice me,is it okay to go with that car or any other as per your experiences

I always want to own German cars in india but also afraid of getting ripped by its maintenance. So I request you all to please advice me which will be best on cost of money with automatic transmission and a powerful engine..?? Polo GT TSI in my list any other suggestions...??

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, I would like to give my two paisa, starting with "Volkswagens makes cars that everyone wants to drive, but no one wants to own" because "they tend to be money pits as they age" (As Scotty Kilmer says). 2011 Jetta's came with infamous DSG's that are known for troubles as we all know. Even the mileage of car is 90,000kms as you said, there is a huge expenditure coming up (Clutch Plates, Timing Chains etc). So I would go against it |
Regarding Polo Automatic (Thankfully now it gets Torque Converter which are usually known for their rock solid reliability) it is on a very pricier side i.e 9.15 Lacs (ex showroom) which turns out to be about 10.30 Lacs approx on road, which in my opinion is way tooo much considering there is nothing which stands out in that car.
If you really want a German car and an automatic , my advice would be extending your budget a little bit and waiting for Rapid Automatic (which would come somewhere around november) or Vento Automatic.
This is because I really feel that an average indian buys a car and keeps it for atleast 5 Years, so it makes sense that you buy a better car (which would cost more initially) but keeping it for 10 years with occasional mods to suit your taste and thus saving money in a long run.

Thread Starter #3
Hello, I would like to give my two paisa, starting with "Volkswagens makes cars that everyone wants to drive, but no one wants to own" because "they tend to be money pits as they age" (As Scotty Kilmer says). 2011 Jetta's came with infamous DSG's that are known for troubles as we all know. Even the mileage of car is 90,000kms as you said, there is a huge expenditure coming up (Clutch Plates, Timing Chains etc). So I would go against it |
Regarding Polo Automatic (Thankfully now it gets Torque Converter which are usually known for their rock solid reliability) it is on a very pricier side i.e 9.15 Lacs (ex showroom) which turns out to be about 10.30 Lacs approx on road, which in my opinion is way tooo much considering there is nothing which stands out in that car.
If you really want a German car and an automatic , my advice would be extending your budget a little bit and waiting for Rapid Automatic (which would come somewhere around november) or Vento Automatic.
This is because I really feel that an average indian buys a car and keeps it for atleast 5 Years, so it makes sense that you buy a better car (which would cost more initially) but keeping it for 10 years with occasional mods to suit your taste and thus saving money in a long run.
That was fair explanation, really appreciate it.

Top Bottom