Fogging of Windshield

Thread Starter #17
i have tried what some of the guys have told in AC mode, no use. will give a try in heater mode and tel you!!

Actually AC mode is of no use for defogging!

Heater mode is the one which will defog the misted windsheild!

Try it & it will work for sure!

Thread Starter #19

sure bro!! i will give it a try when it rains next time.

i have tried what some of the guys have told in AC mode, no use. will give a try in heater mode and tel you!!
No one suggested you to use it on AC mode,i my self told you to switch of the AC button put the air on Free Circulation i.e letting outside air into the car.

Zinam,it only helps momentarily.
The fogging will only go when the Temprature outside the car is same as the inside of the car.If you can adjust the heater to do the same then it's too good and will help for a faster recovery.
The best option is to put it on Free Circulation

Yeah rubbing with potato helps a lot.
even while riding a 2 wheeler it helps to clean the helmet visor.

Mist form on side which is hotter.

when it rains (no ac condition) , mist forms inside . Goes off when we wipe or turn on the ac in cool mode.

when it rains(ac on condition) , mist forms outside , but it rains and we use wiper ,so no problem

The problem is when it drizzles . When ac is on the outside of glass is low cool than cabin and so mist is outside and we need to wipe often outside using wiper.

I am afraid to use wiper in this condition as i am afrais of scratches.

I cant understand how to use the ac mode here.

if i turn it to hot , the cabin gets hotter. should i roll down my windows too?

taxi drivers in our place used to rub the windshield with potato or tobacco and its working.
First of all why should a guy owning a car " which has a facility to remove that mist off the windshield" use tobacco & potato ?

Its ok in case of emergency,like if the wipers ain't working or so.

What i have heard till now is that tobacco & potato were used for the water to slip off the windshield easily & not for the mist to disappear.

ilango[speed thirst];7567 said:
Yeah rubbing with potato helps a lot.
even while riding a 2 wheeler it helps to clean the helmet visor.

Mist form on side which is hotter.

when it rains (no ac condition) , mist forms inside . Goes off when we wipe or turn on the ac in cool mode.

when it rains(ac on condition) , mist forms outside , but it rains and we use wiper ,so no problem

The problem is when it drizzles . When ac is on the outside of glass is low cool than cabin and so mist is outside and we need to wipe often outside using wiper.

I am afraid to use wiper in this condition as i am afrais of scratches.

I cant understand how to use the ac mode here.

if i turn it to hot , the cabin gets hotter. should i roll down my windows too?
Well in this case where it drizzles & you are afraid to use you wipers as you say mist appears you can use the windshield cleaning water (don't know what its called) & then use the wiper.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

But this seriously seems to be a problem.How come i have never faced such thing even after driving through heavy rains & that too i was completely wet & the mist was forming from inside but the AC's just worked fine to make it disappear.

Thread Starter #24
hmmmm actually even today yhe same thing happened for me!! i turned to heater mode and all the mist on the outside front as well as side windshield went away in few mins!!thanks guys!![thumbsup]

Hey thats cool buddy!

Please try to read your car manual which helps you in lot of emergencies!

And if it doesn't resolve we are always here to help you !

Any possible way to avoid Mist Formation

Hello people,

I own an alto, and monsoon is due soon in New Delhi, from the first showers, i am troubled with mist on my windscreen and rear glass, is there any way to avoid it ? The glass (especially the front becomes so hazy, it's really difficult to drive)

Should i keep windows open or close ? And also some more helpful ways to avoid mist would be appreciated...

Oh and for your kind information let me first tell, Alto doesn't have demister/defogger [anger]

Thanks in advance

Thread Starter #28
Re: Safety Tips to Drive Foggy Season

Oh if Alto doesn't have a demister on the rear glass then no other way , you have to roll down the windows or wipe off the mist each time it gets too much.

For the front windscreen direct the flow of air to the windshield and drive for few minutes in heater mode. Switch over to your normal settings again , the mist effect on the windshield will reduce gradually.

350Z

Core Team
Re: Any possible way to avoid Mist Formation

Hello people,

I own an alto, and monsoon is due soon in New Delhi, from the first showers, i am troubled with mist on my windscreen and rear glass, is there any way to avoid it ? The glass (especially the front becomes so hazy, it's really difficult to drive)

Should i keep windows open or close ? And also some more helpful ways to avoid mist would be appreciated...

Oh and for your kind information let me first tell, Alto doesn't have demister/defogger

Thanks in advance
Mist forms because of the difference in outside and inside temperatures. All that you need to do is to roll up all the windows and switch the heater on by keeping it on the defrost mode along with fresh air.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: Why People Keep their Cars So Littered and Dirty?

I have a question here friends.
My car is not littered or dirty, but since my car's surname is Tata, and it is a matured car now, it has started to give me a new problem.
A mist is formed on the inner side of windshield during monsoons and we normally put on the A.C. Air Demist to clear the heavy mist, which is cleared to a great extent.
But this monsoon I found that the the mist sticks to the inside of windshield and cannot be cleared by air demist, but I need to take a cloth and wipe the windshield a bit hard to really remove the fog. What this trouble might be?
Are there any products available to clean the windshield thoroughly to remove the stains which are not seen in non-rainy seasons?

Top Bottom