TVS Jupiter: Floating Planet Drives Down Here!

Thread Starter #106
25k Update

Its been long for updates i have posted.Sorry for not keeping this thread updated regularly.Its post 25k my jupiter has crossed and got the service done as well.Got oil changed and washing with regular brakes fluids checked.
Before the 25k service i had few issues with the scooter taking the harsh sould from the brakes.Got it checked and needed to change the front brake shoe set.
Total charges were 163/- for the shoe set and 60/- for labour.Engine oil change costed me 250/-.
Scooter is running perfectly fine with no other issues and clocking miles.
Will post pictures in a day or so.Have not clicked any so will in a day.

Last edited:
Rear Tyre Change.

After 3 Punctures and Tyres loosing grip, it was mandatory to change it. There were 3 options- Ceat, MRF and Apollo. I chosed Apollo -Actizip just as an experiment. I find it better than TVS Conta any day.Handling has definitely improved.
Price Rs- 1170 /-
ODO- 21K

Attachments

Thread Starter #108
Sambit, at 21k your tyres gave up its grip is surprising.Should have carried up till 35k atleast unless the roads you travel are worst which gave up the grips.Also did you tried at the dealers place to get the replacement as tyres have warranty period as well and with the depreciation you could have got replacement from the tyre dealer.

Sambit, at 21k your tyres gave up its grip is surprising.Should have carried up till 35k atleast unless the roads you travel are worst which gave up the grips.Also did you tried at the dealers place to get the replacement as tyres have warranty period as well and with the depreciation you could have got replacement from the tyre dealer.
Yes, the roads are worst in this industrial area. Everyday I have to travel 2 km of offroad(non existent road). Today, Did 8th Servicing. I changed the front wheel bearings costing rs. 220/- (thanks to the roads again). Also the front breakshoe, Rs 160/-
Didnt thought of the warranty of tyres. Even if they give, I wouldnt have taken TVS tyre anyways.

Thread Starter #110
32K kms service update

Nothing major then the regular service was pending with oil changes.Rear brakes had given up and so the rear brake shoe set was changed along with fuel pipe which was having cut near the piping area.
My regular oceanic tvs manav mandir branch was full with lots of pending work.Had a word with SA and he too was shifted to this new branch service centre.Reached there by 9.30 and all the work was noted down.All cleaned, washed polished and was handed over in 2 hours.After discounts on parts as well as services total bill came to Rs.834/-
No complains with the scooter and its serving me perfectly.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #111
FE updates,
its regularly giving me between 48 to 52kmpl varying on my driving and roads conditions.
With open roads and highway drives it had gone upto 55kmpl on few occassions.One thing about the engine is it doesnt enjoy high revs and gets very noisy.While having word with SA during servicing the newer versions of jupiter has seen lot of complains compared to older ones specially the horn which they have feedbacked to the company.
Apart its a brilliant scooter with best suspension setup of what i have driven.

FE updates,
its regularly giving me between 48 to 52kmpl varying on my driving and roads conditions.
With open roads and highway drives it had gone upto 55kmpl on few occassions.One thing about the engine is it doesnt enjoy high revs and gets very noisy.While having word with SA during servicing the newer versions of jupiter has seen lot of complains compared to older ones specially the horn which they have feedbacked to the company.
Apart its a brilliant scooter with best suspension setup of what i have driven.
I have crossed 26.5k kms now. Milege I am getting is, around 45 kmpl, with my hard riding style. No more complains as of now. Thinking to change the drive belt in next service, just to be on safe side. Have you changed the same??

The Apollo tyre gave up. formed bubble at the middle. Changed it under warranty. but they charged 440 Rs from the tyre as it had run more than 10K kms. Put the apollo in front and a Ceat at the back. Now both tyres are new. I realised, Handling wa being affected due to bad tyres. Its back to New-like now.
Current Odo- 33K.

Thread Starter #114
50K update!

Nearly completion of 4 years of my ownership of my jupiter i crossed my 50K mark on it.Very proudly can say that it was the right choice of vehicle for my needs and it has served me brilliantly.
Till now apart from regular servicing and normal wear and tear i have changed both the tires to MRF and they are far better in grip,braking and overall performance compared to TVS ones.Also changed battery to Amaron and its serving me well.
Last 50k servicing came to notice that engine has started taking in bit of oil so in coming time would be addressing that issue.As of now scooter is serving me awesome and i am a proud owner of it.Few scratches and crack on front fender by police jeep is what i hate to see on my ride but dont have time to fix it so kept it on pending work.
Sharing the image of my 50K mark crossed.
Thanks.

Attachments

Thread Starter #115
Tyre Update!

Today morning noticed flat tyre on the rear and went to get it checked at the authorised MRF showroom whom i had bought my tyres from.Luckily the company person of service centre was there so showed him the tyre and there were few punctures along with two punctures that were repaired before had opened up.Brought tube for that tyre and replaced it on the front rim and front tubeless tyre went to rear rim as of now.Total expense Rs 250/-.
Corporation cleaning spree of illegal construction being demolised along with metro work and roads after rain made this outcome of rear tyre.
Odo stands at 50500kms.

Last edited:
My jupiter served me really well for 4 years and just under 50K kms. I sold it and got the Ntorq. Its much more powerful, but the comfort on the Jupiter was far better.
Important observations-
1. Dont take the extended warranty for Jupiter.
2. After completion of 2 years., change engine oil every 2.5 k kms.
3. Take to service centre only for major works, such as cone set change, etc.

Thread Starter #117
My jupiter served me really well for 4 years and just under 50K kms. I sold it and got the Ntorq. Its much more powerful, but the comfort on the Jupiter was far better.
Important observations-
1. Dont take the extended warranty for Jupiter.
2. After completion of 2 years., change engine oil every 2.5 k kms.
3. Take to service centre only for major works, such as cone set change, etc.
Absolutely agree with your views, the comfort space and overall performance what jupiter gives is superb for the price.Ntorq seems more for the younger generations scooter with kind of space, looks and design given.Or rather it seems i am getting old now[lol]

Absolutely agree with your views, the comfort space and overall performance what jupiter gives is superb for the price.Ntorq seems more for the younger generations scooter with kind of space, looks and design given.Or rather it seems i am getting old now[lol]
Hehe. Yeh. Jupiter is the perfect family scooter. The reason why I seriously want TVS to launch the Jupiter 125 with the Ntorq's engine.

Thread Starter #119
52K update!

Completed 52k on the odo and as always very happy with my ride.Space,comfort and overall ownership had been very much perfect as expected.Changed the engine oil as i was suggested to refill it in 1k kms but thought to change it rather then topup.
After diwali would need to look into the engine work for oil getting consumed.FE has reduced to around 40-42 as compared to 48-50 uptill now.

Thread Starter #120
58K update!

Jupiter is running its chores to the core daily and fulfilling my needs perfectly.As shared earlier had to do some repairing work regarding the oil getting into the chamber line.Authorised work shops charges were exhorbitant to nearing 10K for the whole work along with service and oil changes.So went again to my trusted independent guarage where all the work was done.
Piston ring set changed, valve set changed, chain timing kit changed, grinding of valve sprocket, ball bearing was changed of 1 set, engine oil, few pins and rear shocker work for adjustments ,labour and everything came to 4500/- for which i paid 4200/- finally.Scooter back to its new form and doing the run superbly.
FE is around 40-42KMPL .Centre stand right side rod got disconnected from the frame and got it wield back to the main frame FOC.
Happy with the purchase and ownership experience so far.I would have loved to see Ntorq engine into jupiter body which is larger, spacious and more faring to my style then the younger gen ntorq.

Top Bottom