TVS Jupiter: Floating Planet Drives Down Here!

Thread Starter #91
3rd free service update.

Sorry guys for not able to update the ownership review regularly.
Jupiter is running superbly without any niggles or issues.Was very busy with workloads and health issues and so was not able to get the third service done on time.Called the service advisor head from Oceanic motors where it gets serviced regularly.Told him about the delay for service schedule, he got the appointment for next day servicing.
Dropped the vehicle on time next morning and minor issue was complained for noise coming on rough/potholes roads.RPM was a bit on higher side on the startup motor, was rectified, engine oil changed and noise that was coming was of a bolt loose was tightned.Total bill of 280/-.
ODO as right now stands at 7642kms.

Re: Floating Planet Drives Down Here: Juipiter!

My ODO is 8300 Kms right now. Have been doing spirited rides now a days. Milege has come down to around 47-48 Kmpl. Control the throttle a bit, and the average milege is 50 kmpl. Only issue (or a niggle) is the sound under the footboard. Will sit on the neck of the Mech during next service and get it rectified. He kept ignoring this for ever.

Re: Floating Planet Drives Down Here: Juipiter!

The sound from under the footboard was surprisingly from the Main stand. The easy stand has too many Joints and Springs, they make sound when gets too much mud splash and dry up. So always make it a point to wash it and lubricate it during monsoons. Now the Sound has almost disappeared.

Thread Starter #95
5/1/2016 had called the service advison earlier for the last due service pending.I was going out of town and there were accident works needed, front fenders denting work, side indicator had broken, few scratches here and there.So gave the jupiter for last service along with the repairing work done.
Came back and received the vehicle on 5th of January.All work done with painting, denting, front side indicators replaced.
11802kms while it was given for the service and repairing work done.
As of today it clocks at 16785 kms.
No issues whatsoever.Runs perfectly superb and serves my needs at best.
Saw few jupiters with petrol locks and rear grab rail painted with body coloured shades from black and silver.

Few pictures, havent shared any since long.Sorry ride is not washed as clicked just now and sharing.

Attachments

Thread Starter #96
18K update

Recently found out that rear tyre had 4 punctures along with a big cut on the side wall.Two punctures were from the old ones that again got punctured and two new ones.Took the dealers form signed with the scooters details along with purchase date,engine number and seal.
Twice a week morning 9 to 12 the company person comes at two authorised tyre store to check the complains and replacements there itself.
Form had mentioned,100/- charges for tubeless tyre along with the depreciation amount tobe paid if needed.
Depreciation is calculated with the rims depth that shows how much tyre has lost its grip.Full rubber comes with 7mm depth, and mine showed 3mm.Deducted 50% and replaced the rear tyre.Total cost Rs700/-.
Running perfectly fine.Tyre guy asked me to refill it with 32 in front and 36 at rear to give best FE along with long rubber life.
Engine has gone a little noisy and FE too seems going low,servicing scheduling next week.

Thread Starter #99
20K update, first paid service report

Scooter has crossed 20k mark and was due for its first paid service but with time strain and work load i was not able to get it serviced.
Took appointment on saturday evening for monday morning schedule for 9.00am slot.Reached the service station around 9.10 and mine vehicle was alloted 14th number for servicing, but i was picking up scooter rather then keeping it all day, it was taken for express service.
Few complaints i had were, engine oil to change,
Mileage has dropped few kms since last 1k kms,
There is this weird noise on high speeds that feels coming from rear side from engine.
Brakes tobe checked.
I was standing right besides the scooter to check for that engine as well as while getting the oil changed.The rear wheel flap which can be tightened opening the bucket, needed tobe refitted back.As OEM fittment, it comes with the plastic pin attatched with the body where with uneven roads and driving the hole for that pin changed its shape and got loose and that was the noise that i was hearing.Fitted back again and bolted tightly.Noise gone.
Engine oil takes 750ml and 150ml goes inside the gearbox compartment.
By 10.45 vehicle was inside the washing bay and 11.20 i drove it outside.
Smooth and perfect as it was on first day.
Regarding FE they have this caliber machine to adjust the FE with taking 2Ltrs of petrol. Need to go for this again in coming days to get it adjusted.

Attachments

Re: 20K update, first paid service report

Scooter has crossed 20k mark and was due for its first paid service but with time strain and work load i was not able to get it serviced.
Took appointment on saturday evening for monday morning schedule for 9.00am slot.............
Regarding FE they have this caliber machine to adjust the FE with taking 2Ltrs of petrol. Need to go for this again in coming days to get it adjusted.
Wow. Vijay sir. your scooter is really munching miles. Mine has done just over 17500 kms till now. But my 1st Paid service was done at 15000 kms. this must be your 2nd paid service. Here, they charge Rs. 250 extra in Paid svc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #101
Thankyou sambit, no this was the first paid service i went for.As i mentioned i was late for the 1st paid one.Yes here as well i was charged 250/- for the paid service.Overall bill was 499/- with oil, service and ceptor pin that was missing from the main stand frame which mechanic found out and fitted it.

Normally for activa and all what the Mechanics do for adjusting mileage is by adjusting the slow speed adjustment knob.
But most of my friends tell that mileage won't improve with the adjustment,it always depends on the rider's driving style.

Thread Starter #103
Normally for activa and all what the Mechanics do for adjusting mileage is by adjusting the slow speed adjustment knob.
But most of my friends tell that mileage won't improve with the adjustment,it always depends on the rider's driving style.
The blue pillar kind of machine that you see is what these service centre had where they ride the scooter in different speeds with fuel used as well as speed driven which is what this machine calculates and there is some adjustments which they make for setting up FE.
I shared about what this machine does and these people set it through this machine.Else no matter what ever machine they have, FE would be depending on the way of driving, speeds, weight and roads.

Just had a few questions:

1) Do TVS guys add fuel additives during every service? They added fuel additives during first free service of my Jupiter.
2) I have started experiencing jerks in my Jupiter sometimes post 1st service. I always refuel from Shell. So quality of fuel is good always.
3) Sometimes, ride becomes bouncy on the front. The tyre pressure is kept as recommended by company.

Top Bottom