TVS Jupiter: Floating Planet Drives Down Here!

Re: Floating Planet Drives Down Here: Juipiter!

The guys at showroom said that the scooter should not go above 50 kmph during the run-in period.

The guys at showroom said that the scooter should not go above 50 kmph during the run-in period.
I never exceed the speeds above 60Kmph, but twice I tested the top speed. That too after 1st servicing at 700Kms.

And the Best thing about Silver colour is, it does not requires to be Maintained(cleaned) everyday like the black or grey, which shows off even slight dust/dirt. I only clean the wheels, and the scoot shines as new.

Thread Starter #78

Exactly how we maintain the speed for four wheelers till the run in period it has for two wheelers.Let the engine settle down atleast till 1k mark.

I never exceed the speeds above 60Kmph, but twice I tested the top speed. That too after 1st servicing at 700Kms.

And the Best thing about Silver colour is, it does not requires to be Maintained(cleaned) everyday like the black or grey, which shows off even slight dust/dirt. I only clean the wheels, and the scoot shines as new.
Yes for two three occassions as i shared i too went above 60 kmph speed to check the throttle response and speed of this scooter.
And thats the exact reason i am enjoying the silver shade of my jupiter.

Dealer warned me if I ride at 60+ constantly, I may have a seized cylinder!!![surprise]

Thread Starter #80

Dealer warned me if I ride at 60+ constantly, I may have a seized cylinder!!![surprise]
Thats in any case you cannot drive any vehicles be it scooter or bike or car in constant speeds.For the newer engines you need to let it settle down, atleast for first few thousand kms before you start revving it.
What your dealer said is correct, it would seize the cylinders if driven on that constant speed.

They even said that not to ride constantlly even at 30 kmph. They also said that the rev should not be constant and it should vary EVERY SECOND!

However, the dealer (delivery) guy told us to not exceed 50 kmph for 650 kms but the manual says that we should not exceed 60 kmph for 1000 kms.

Thread Starter #82

Yes that is what i said to you not specifically to a particular speed, and you cannot unless you are cruising on highways to get a constant speed.
Be it at 30 or 60, one should not ride on a constant speed.
I would say atleast 1000 to 1200 kms dont go beyond 50 to 55 that too with different speeds run.Increase your speed as and how you go rather then pushing the throttle and going from 20 to 50 or 60 speed.
This lets the engine settle down and also would let you get better FE from the engines.
Remember the blocks are unused,so it would take its time.

Thread Starter #83

The rear suspention seems to make slight noise on bad patches which i can hear.
Its not too much but is audible.Seems some tightning there needs tobe done.
Apart from that scooter is running superbly.about to finish 2.5K mark.
The new RTO office near my factory is the new one which has started and here we have to take online appointment to fix the number plates.There is almost 1 month waiting which is ridiculous.Going on 29th afternoon to get them fixed as thats the date i got appointment which i took on 3rd Jan.[anger]

The rear suspension seems to make slight noise on bad patches which i can hear.
Its not too much but is audible.Seems some tightning there needs tobe done.
Apart from that scooter is running superbly.about to finish 2.5K mark.
Sir, first make sure, if the sound is really coming from the rear suspension. I had a similar situation. So I will advice you to check this part(yes,the thing with a pipe) above the silencer, if its loose. In my case, a bolt was loose and this was hitting the silensor to make the noise when I used to run over potholes. Tightened it, alls fine now.
And Sir, I am closing on with my ODO now. I am at 1900 kms now(1 month and 3 days). [:D]

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #85

Thankyou sambit with that information and the picture you clicked for it.I would check with that pipe and see if thats the real issue before going to ASS for the noise.

Thread Starter #87

Finally got the HSNP fitted today afternoon at 1pm as was the appointment given to me.
There are half n hour time gaps for every slots given.Took some ten minutes to complete the fitting as called up people in time zone have to que for fitment.
congrats on your 2k mark sambit.
Update on that noise is that its still there so i am going to ASS this week mostly by saturday or else wednesday to get it rectified.

@ Mr. Vijay
Have you bought a polish to polish your Jupiter? (you can also use it in your Wego!)
And the best thing is you have Silver colour which is already shining and if you put polish, then it will be the crowd's king!
My suggestions will be: Amway Silicon Glaze, Motomax Polishes, 3M Waxes and ArmorAll polish.

Thread Starter #89
2nd Free service update

Odo stands at 4231 when it was handed over for 2nd service.With year endings was busy with routine work and missed out on the servicing of jupiter.
Called the service centre to ask why no followup was made from their end regarding the reminders, no answer apart from sorry sir system issue so missed to remind you.
Took the appointment for 11/3/15 and was there at 9AM.A month and half was over the due period but they did not said anything.Took the scooter inside, opened the storage box, there was a noise coming in rough roads, two bolts were loose which were making noise, tightned them, got oil changed as well as my main stand got changed under warranty which was ordered since the first service but was not available.
This time it was in stock so got it changed, washed and cleaned properly.By 11 i was handed over the scooter with bill amount of 275/- for oil.
Scooter is smooth and FE is sticking around 50kmpl.

Top Bottom