TVS Jupiter: Floating Planet Drives Down Here!

Re: Floating Planet Drives Down Here: Juipiter!

First scratch and dent on the front of juipiter...[frustration]
OMG!
Oh no! Did you asked anyone whether that dent can be fixed?
It's very sad to see the state of your front mudguard.

And I think it is not a juIpiter. It is a jupiter.

Thread Starter #17

thankyou for the spell check mate.
Mods can you rename the juipiter as i spelled to jupiter please.
Yes i asked the mechanic where i used to get my bikes scooters service he said its a dent and would be fixed so would take to him by evening or morrow as time permits.

Can you explain me how the mechanic will fix that dent?
I think it may be fixed by removing the mudguard, turning it upside down and then hammer the dent?[confused][roll]

Thread Starter #19

As i told u i showed it to him while going for the seat covers work and he said would be repaired, how it would be done and all the details ill have to get to him and see what needs tobe repaired and how, probably take the front tyre off, then would see if can be done that ways or else take the guard off and then with soft hammers mostly.
Let me take it to him and would update you the same.

Nice scooter you got there Vijay! Did you TD the new Wego with the latest all digital display etc. I may buy it for personal use so need some help here and how is the acceleration compared to Activa 110? Is it faster or slower?

Thread Starter #21

Nice scooter you got there Vijay! Did you TD the new Wego with the latest all digital display etc. I may buy it for personal use so need some help here and how is the acceleration compared to Activa 110? Is it faster or slower?
Thankyou for your wishes CLJ.I already have a wego for my wife which is doing its duty superbly.I wanted more space and height compared to wego and tvs launched this new version jupiter and so got this.
Well acceleration is very linear its not very fast nor slower.They maintained the power to acceleration which seems why it gives better mileage.
If you are looking for outright acceleration then activa or access would be the choice but if you want as an overall package of right of everything that i found in this vehicle as my choice and needs.

OT:
You already have the refresh model of Dio which has the same engine of the Activa. Why another different scooter with same engine? Look for Activa 125 and Suzuki Swish 125.

And for your question, Wego's acceleration is linear and speed is very balanced (top speed and acceleration). Activa is quick in initial pickup (from 0-50) and then the engine blows out and the TVS engine will be still accelerating.
So, It is neither slow nor fast. TVS will be slow at starting and fast after 50 kmph.

@TVS owners:
I feel all the TVS scooters are dead silent and no vibrations and its smooth after it crosses speeds above 45 kmph. WHY???
I found this in TVS Teenz (TVS Scooty ES 2-stroke), TVS Scooty Pep+ and my current new TVS Wego. Can anyone say WHY?

OT:
You already have the refresh model of Dio which has the same engine of the Activa. Why another different scooter with same engine? Look for Activa 125 and Suzuki Swish 125.

And for your question, Wego's acceleration is linear and speed is very balanced (top speed and acceleration). Activa is quick in initial pickup (from 0-50) and then the engine blows out and the TVS engine will be still accelerating.
So, It is neither slow nor fast. TVS will be slow at starting and fast after 50 kmph.

@TVS owners:
I feel all the TVS scooters are dead silent and no vibrations and its smooth after it crosses speeds above 45 kmph. WHY???
I found this in TVS Teenz (TVS Scooty ES 2-stroke), TVS Scooty Pep+ and my current new TVS Wego. Can anyone say WHY?
Dear RVSB, the engine is same but the power is comparatively less. 6bhp for the DIO and around 8.19 bhp for the Activa. OK lets leave the numbers alone, my cousin just bought the Activa 110 and i rode it with him. Then I rode my honda DIO and it felt like a lifetime just accelerating from 0 to 45 kmph. Thats why! As for the Access - it does have power but is two small and light. WE want a heavy scooter and nice,butch looking scooter (Wego is an exception because i have always liked it) So it's serious competition.. Only problem- Activa 125 Deluxe is out of my parent's budget for me. So its between Jupiter and Wego. There is also a chance for Hero Maestro. Anyways, shouldn't be talking much about it because it will happen next year but better to decide already.
Here are the OTRs in delhi
Activa 125- Deluxe- 63,457
Standard - 57385
Wego- Disk-53,358
Standard-50586
Jupiter-50,386

Only 2 scooters make it to the finale
Jupiter and Wego Disk. Lets wait and see what happens.

Yo buddy, please make a new thread at The Automotive India > The Mech's Garage > The Automotive Shopper > The Bike Shopper and stop messing up this ownership thread (sorry if it hurts).
And Dio is not 6Bhp[cry]. Go to this page and click specifications on the top row of options and pages. Link: Dio

2nd OT:
@350Z and Mods, Please correct the typo in TAI Research > New Bikes > Honda > Dio > Specifications > BHP and others.

Thread Starter #25

Neither wego nor jupiter is sluggish to pickup. As i told you i have both the vehicles and found the pickup linear as i want, accelerates rightly not too zoom speed to race drag nor too slow to pickup.
Jupiter is slightly more linear compared to wego as i feel wego is all metal body which i have dont know about the current wego as compared to fibre metal combination which makes it lighter for jupiter.

Vijay ji congratulation for your new ride you will love it. I am owning jupiter since last one year it is a niggle free ride with good suspension and long term durability. I have not faced any issue with bike apart from two puncture and clocked close to 13 k kms with avg fuel efficiency of 55-57 kmpl .

Last edited:

Yo buddy, please make a new thread at The Automotive India > The Mech's Garage > The Automotive Shopper > The Bike Shopper and stop messing up this ownership thread (sorry if it hurts).
And Dio is not 6Bhp[cry]. Go to this page and click specifications on the top row of options and pages. Link: Dio

2nd OT:
@350Z and Mods, Please correct the typo in TAI Research > New Bikes > Honda > Dio > Specifications > BHP and others.
First of all - yes that hurt and it is very rude, second that the 2012 refresh Honda Dio has 6 bhp. The refreshed one HET has the exact same engine of the Activa

Last edited:

First of all - yes that hurt and it is very rude, second that the 2012 refresh Honda Dio has 6 bhp. The refreshed one HET has the exact same engine of the Activa
Oh man, I was not trying to hurt you but going too much OT in a thread is an offence according to TAI rules.

And the Dio never had a 6 bhp variant. Please search Google to know more.

Akash1886

Honoured Member

First of all - yes that hurt and it is very rude, second that the 2012 refresh Honda Dio has 6 bhp.
Oh man, I was not trying to hurt you but going too much OT in a thread is an offence according to TAI rules. And the Dio never had a 6 bhp variant.
Hi Kids, while its nice to see a intellectual discussion happening on the thread. Please check this link and discuss accordingly.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #30

Vijay ji congratulation for your new ride you will love it. I am owning jupiter since last one year it is a niggle free ride with good suspension and long term durability. I have not faced any issue with bike apart from two puncture and clocked close to 13 k kms with avg fuel efficiency of 55-57 kmpl .
Thankyou for your wishes and congratulations on your jupiter as well.Its good to hear the right decision i made as i was already satisfied with wego ownership so went ahead.

Hi Kids, while its nice to see a intellectual discussion happening on the thread. Please check this link and discuss accordingly.

Regards

Akash
Thankyou for that link akash, hope that solves the query for dio guys.

Top Bottom