TVS Jupiter: Floating Planet Drives Down Here!

Thread Starter #121
My floating planet is getting a company today.There were lots of test drives and many more discussions regarding what to get for the company that can make me grin equally or more to the ownership of what i had till now with jupiter.Finall the D day arrives today and will be sharing the details soon.
BTW jupiter crossed 59K mark and going strong as always.

Thread Starter #122
TVS motors have changed and shifted their engine oil to new grade with new bottle as well as higher pricing compared to previous ones.
They were having TVS premium oil uptill now costing 270/- and that has shifted to TVS Skuuta oil costing 315/- now on.

Attachments

Thread Starter #123
My Silver getting the company!

After few accidents and force from my family to sell by bike and get a scooter or drive car went by nearly 6 years driving this scooter which has been a bliss till now.Giving me all the required pace, space and drivability around the city jupiter has filled all my needs to the core.But all this while there was always this miss of having a bike back.Once a biker always a biker this never goes.Went to vacations and never stopped hiring some or the other bike to tour around and have fun with it.Best part was in GOA with friends and driving around RE classic for 5 days that bought back the severe urge to own a bike again no matter what.
There were lot many contenders but this time I was sure to go beyond the 150CC segment as my city needs are truely covered by Jupiter so came in the thought of having a touring bike.
RE is the first brand to think about but having kindly owned that earlier in family, friends circle i was not going to plunge into them with neither classic nor TBTS nor TBTS X.Yes X versions looks brilliant but smaller rear seat, vibrations as earlier and just for looks i was not going to book that.My close friend got a white TBTS X and drove his bike for some days and was decided no RE.
Then came in MOJO, what a brilliant piece of engineering from Mahindra which they absolutely failed to capitalise the market.Brilliant is the word with the way mojo drives, handles, quality of parts used,comfort and engine specs.Was getting superb deal on one last piece left from the dealer who was shutting his mahindra two wheeler dealership and the remaining dealer was not so much confidence inspiring to plonk my money on it.
Came in DUKE with its line up and boy o boy what a linear power delivery these machines have in them just blows u away.Their colour scheme, too much funky design and not soo much comfortable rear seat comfort along with the pricing nearly to 3L was keeping me in the thinking mode for 390.For once i also thought while checking out the DUKES that with this much pricing i can also have a look at Kawasaki range as well for Ninja 300 which was launched.But i am not comfortable with the fairing style and more of naked versions clicks me and my taste so did not went ahead on that way and also had heard the regular maintenance schedules for these super bikes brands so out went kawasaki as well.
TVS motors came out with their brilliant RR310 and its a superb piece of machine launched by them.Only few dealers are having RR range with them in showcasing as well as test drives.My friend owns one showroom in the city where i got my Apache from as well as where my Jupiter was taken care at, went ahead for a TD with this bike.Everything is superb with this bike, power delivery is very linear, shockers are acceptable, every detailed info on that Tlft display unit, gear ratios were also to my liking to rev hard on the highway stretch i went to but again all around fending doesnt click me.As we have heard its naked version is on the way if that was available i would have booked right away.My experience with TVS with apache earlier and now with my jupiter and wifey Wego is more then satisfactory but that was not the case but still this bike was in my thoughts to hold on.
Then came Bajaj Dominar 2019 edition.No where in my city was this new edition bike was seen on display and once when it came was matt shade.After few followups with the dealer and one showroom nearby my factory and once their stocks came in got the call to come and check the bike.Though their TD vehicle was not arrived one guy was getting the delivery of his new 2019 D in matt finish and the SA who was attending me requested the owner if he can allow me to have a small TD on his bike and he very happily allowed me to have one.Wow this bike surely picks up great.Engine roar is the mixed bean from bud bud RE and sportier bikes combination.Seems bajaj with their kawasaki JV surely learned a few things from them.Vibrations compared to older version were much less and handled by the company but still minor ones were there.Handle bar was raised in new one which adds more comfort compared to older version.Pillion seat is very much comfortable and i sat back as pillion after my TD with the owner for a short spin to feel the comfort.
All tested, pricing,askings done but wanted to look at the new green shade launched and there were no news about it.Dropped my contact details and came back impressed with the vehicle.
I was confused between two bikes to look at one was TVS and another one was Bajaj. You might be thinking why on earth when there are more good bikes available i was going with these two only one was they are made in India for indian specification my indian brands and i know their maintenance costs on longer runs.Having owned both the brands earlier and i am known to run my vehicles for longer period i was sure that i am going with either of the two once i check out the green shade with bajaj.

Thread Starter #124
Sorry for not updating the thread as was busy with some work few days.Got to check the new green shade and this surely comes from bajaj kawasaki joint venture which bajaj have not gone off from.Still compared to the matt black this one looked much better in real.I would have loved all gloss black shade or earlier white but as of now on 2019 only these two shades were available for sale.
With all fairing sportier stance,costlier and higher pillion seats was TVS RR310,which i would have loved to pick in naked version and with comfort rear seat i went ahead with Bajaj Dominar 2019 with the new green shade called as Savanna Green.

Attachments

Hello Vijay Sir,

I also own a TVS Jupiter which I bought in October last year. It has run 8500kms till now.

I have this issue since beginning with Jupiter that is, when I ride it I feel something is rubbing against tyre. I feel the vibration when I accelerate.but it disappears once I cross 40 kmph speed. Below 40 kmph I get irritated because of this vibration/rubbing. It doesn't move smoothly at lower speeds I don't know the exact reason for this.

Have you also faced the same issue or it is only in my vehicle?

I tried telling the SA at showroom in previous services but issue did not solve. I even asked mechanic to check brake pads.

Your opinion will be helpful for me as you have owned Jupiter since 5 years.

Thread Starter #126
What did the SA did for this issue when you kept it for service?
Exactly for the same issue there was this fender on the rear side that was touching the rear wheel of one of our member which was sorted out and this issue was resolved.Check if anything like this is happening with ur jupiter.Also check where exactly you feel this vibration/rubbing? Is it at the rear side, centre or front of the vehicle so can check out the possibilities.Another usual issues in new jupiters are the horn brackets which often gets loose with their fitting and that rubbing/vibration you feel can be of that as well.

What did the SA did for this issue when you kept it for service?
Exactly for the same issue there was this fender on the rear side that was touching the rear wheel of one of our member which was sorted out and this issue was resolved.Check if anything like this is happening with ur jupiter.Also check where exactly you feel this vibration/rubbing? Is it at the rear side, centre or front of the vehicle so can check out the possibilities.Another usual issues in new jupiters are the horn brackets which often gets loose with their fitting and that rubbing/vibration you feel can be of that as well.
Service centre guy says there's no problem with my Jupiter. I think they're unable to understand the issue. He said it will sort out itself after few thousand kilometres.

Few days back Jupiter battery stopped working. Gave it in showroom to replace in warranty but he said it will take 15 days for replacement and I have to manage with Kick start.

For now I have borrowed battery from friend until new one comes. Really unhappy with TVS service as they are unable to understand issue and solve it. They will call after service and ask to give good rating but will not provide good service.

Thread Starter #128
Service centre guy says there's no problem with my Jupiter. I think they're unable to understand the issue. He said it will sort out itself after few thousand kilometres.

Few days back Jupiter battery stopped working. Gave it in showroom to replace in warranty but he said it will take 15 days for replacement and I have to manage with Kick start.

For now I have borrowed battery from friend until new one comes. Really unhappy with TVS service as they are unable to understand issue and solve it. They will call after service and ask to give good rating but will not provide good service.
Can you share some good close up of your scooter, and also did you checked regarding anything that is touching your tyres either side.?

Top Bottom