Flasher lights on cars

Thread Starter #1
Hi,
In some of the foreign countries it is permitted to use a yellow flasher lights on the top when the car is towing.
Is it legal to use the same in India

deville_56

Honoured Member
Here we are supposed to use hazard in vehicle towing and the one being towed.

Civilians are not supposed to put beacon light [and/or extra lamps other than OEM lamps]. Even fitting fog lamps require endorsement from RTO.

Amber beacon is to be used in load carrying vehicles when it is carrying load.

Emergency vehicles can use red beacon [police and fire brigade]

All other including ambulance and VIP are to use Blue beacon only.

OT: Lot of hazard light misuse going on. People think they are for going straight and some use it for showing off. Keep them on throughout. One such guy knocked mass effect one day. He switched right indicator while hazard was on. I was overtaking him and he knocked me down, but I was slow, so was spared.

TAI please help educate people regarding the use of hazard,

Hazard is used when the car is parked in awkward locations [like blindspots and rear sticking out in road, etc, etc]. Second situation is previously described towing. Strict no, no when normal driving, and during rain. Another permissible situation is when the vehicle driven slow due to some issues [almost equivalent situation to towing].

Arun

Suspended
Here we are supposed to use hazard in vehicle towing and the one being towed.

Civilians are not supposed to put beacon light [and/or extra lamps other than OEM lamps]. Even fitting fog lamps require endorsement from RTO.

Amber beacon is to be used in load carrying vehicles when it is carrying load.

Emergency vehicles can use red beacon [police and fire brigade]

All other including ambulance and VIP are to use Blue beacon only...................
Beautifully explained Dilip!+1!!

That was precisely what I wanted to say!

deville_56

Honoured Member
Beautifully explained Dilip!+1!!

That was precisely what I wanted to say!
Thank you thank you.

OT: Hand signal - We are supposed to use right hand only for signaling. Bikers stick out right hand for right turn and left hand for left turn [confused][anger]. By Hazard light rule of idiots they will one day stick out both hands and perform Christ when taking straights. Can happen since it is India [frustration]

Top Bottom