Fixing Aftermarket Tachometer on Ritz LXi

I have purchased a Ritz petrol tachometer yesterday for my Maruti Ignis yesterday, but when i have checked tachometer direct the backlight not working (i have checked backlight directly from the car battery.)

Yellow - blue: +'ve
Black - white: -'ve

Kindly suggest what to do with this problem

Thread Starter #272
I have purchased a Ritz petrol tachometer yesterday for my Maruti Ignis yesterday, but when i have checked tachometer direct the backlight not working (i have checked backlight directly from the car battery.)

Yellow - blue: +'ve
Black - white: -'ve

Kindly suggest what to do with this problem
Hi Shivam,

You need to feed negative voltage to light up the back light.
also please check the post no 50 for details i have explained with details.

Good luck.....

Dear ,
I want to acknowledge you what all things i have come across:
: First, unfortunately, I have purchased A-star tachometer, later on i came know there is some chip-level difference in the ritz and A-star tachometer
A-star is having a 3 cylinder engine whereas ritz has 4 cylinder engines.
: Now yesterday I have purchased a ritz petrol tachometer.
Today I have come across the following process with the all new ritz Tachometer :
Red - black to the + battery
Black-white to the - battery
yellow-blue to the +battery
Yellow-white to the Brown Wire at the Eps module

Please let me Know where I was wrong.
You are the only flash in a pan for me

Regards.

According to you if I will connect the backlight wire with a negative voltage, then only the rpm needle will climb ?

is there is any relation between tachometer backlight connection and tacho signal ?

Thread Starter #277
Dear,
Today I have assembled the backlight connections as per your statement, it starts glowing,
Now the only problem is to tap rpm signals. View attachment 268459 View attachment 268460
NICE FINALLY YOU MADE IT!!!!!!

Be careful while handling with PSW (power steering module) do short anything with ground. i prefer you use a connector to prevent the short circuit.

According to you if I will connect the backlight wire with a negative voltage, then only the rpm needle will climb ?

is there is any relation between tachometer backlight connection and tacho signal ?
no link between the RPM signal vs Backlit both works individually

Thread Starter #281
Dear kannan,
Please help me to get rid of this problem

Hi Shivam,

This EPS unit is different from the older model. the brown wire which you show may sensor input pin can put detailed pic on the complete wiring carried to the EPS unit.
Also note that sensor too will have a brown wire so kindly provide the pic then proceed further.

if you check the below picture. you can see two brown wire one is related to sensor another is RPM signal wire. so check the wire carefully and connect it.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #283
Dear Kannan,
I have collected some circuit diagrams images, Kindly acknowledge
Hi shivam,

As per my guess the RPM signal is not taken as analogue input. Instead of that its taken as Digitally through the CAN (signal) white and red wires.
So we need to identify whether any of the device is consuming the RPM signal through analogue from the ECM unit. Only ECM unit can provide a RPM signal out.
Can you check any output parameter provide any RPM signal from the ECM.

The above pictures shows that the EPS control module receives RPM signals from CAN communication system.
the meter which you have will only able to accept only the direct RPM signal not CAN bus.
Also CAN bus is communication channel where the all the Device can communicate like LAN communication we do in pc. So we can't split the RPM signal from that.

Dear
As discussed , i have searched a lot and found that no separate signals for rpm come out from the ECM , all the electrical components such as EPS, ABS MODULE ,collect RPM signals from the CAN .
Even none of the rpm signal come across the CMP & CKP sensors

Dear
I came to know that one of a Youtuber have installed this Ritz rpm meter in his maruti ignis base varient ,But he is hiding the recipy.
This shows that, there are possibilities that this rpm meter can work in my ignis also , Simply i need to work.[drive]

Attachments

Dear
As discussed , i have searched a lot and found that no separate signals for rpm come out from the ECM , all the electrical components such as EPS, ABS MODULE ,collect RPM signals from the CAN .
Even none of the rpm signal come across the CMP & CKP sensors

Dear
I came to know that one of a Youtuber have installed this Ritz rpm meter in his maruti ignis base varient ,But he is hiding the recipy.
This shows that, there are possibilities that this rpm meter can work in my ignis also , Simply i need to work.[drive]

Dear Shivam do you have the solution for this RPM signal line, as i have bought ritz tacho too for my ignis sigma. Unable to tap rpm signal, am facing same issue you are facing.

Top Bottom