Fixing Aftermarket Tachometer on Ritz LXi

Thread Starter #46
Tachometer on Ritz LXi

Hai frnds i finally completed the installation and my tacho work awesome with perfect back light circuit solution i found just Rs 40 was expense for that correction.

Feel Like my LXI has a factory fitted tacho just plug and play installation.

Was waiting for this from a lot of days [:D]

I hope you have taken pics during the install.

Eagerly waiting for your directions on how to install.

Will place an order for the tacho tomorrow Anything particular I should keep in mind since you said that there are certain complications in getting the tacho and it should be mentioned in the job card.

Thread Starter #48
Tachometer on Ritz LXi

Was waiting for this from a lot of days [:D]

I hope you have taken pics during the install.

Eagerly waiting for your directions on how to install.

Will place an order for the tacho tomorrow Anything particular I should keep in mind since you said that there are certain complications in getting the tacho and it should be mentioned in the job card.

No actually in Chennai its bit complicated i think you can get easily in north side ok. Just give the part no and order with bracket don't miss it.its just Rs 15 only then after that inform me i will update with correct procedure to install.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the answer for your question and my solution.
So My assumption is right, isn't it? Tacho backlight requires negative terminal for making the circuit complete and you used a relay for rectifying the problem. This is what I was going to suggest you after conforming about the polarity of your tachometer's backlight wire. Anyways you got the point[clap]
Good job.

Last edited:
Re: Tachometer on Ritz LXi

No actually in Chennai its bit complicated i think u can get easily in north side ok. Just give the part no and order with bracket don't miss it.its just Rs 15 only then after that inform me i will update with correct procedure to install.
ok so i have to order ritz petrol tacho with bracket right ? ( By the way what's this bracket )

And plz post some pics of the installation and your dash now

Thread Starter #54
So My assumption is right, isn't it? Tacho backlight requires negative terminal for making the circuit complete and you used a relay for rectifying the problem. This is what I was going to suggest you after conforming about the polarity of your tachometer's backlight wire. Anyways you got the point[clap]
Good job.
yes your correct the negative was reversed to positive terminal so it provide -Ve volt when switch is off and on stage it was +Ve so i just think a while and brought the relay for Rs 20.And made the correction that's it.

I saw many forum post but no one did as i used a relay concept.It's cheap and simple.

Thread Starter #55
Re: Tachometer on Ritz LXi

ok so i have to order ritz petrol tacho with bracket right ? ( By the way what's this bracket )

And plz post some pics of the installation and your dash now
Yeah sure i will post the pic once you get the tacho as i don't has digicam rite now so i did it in a hurry so will post it by this week end.

Thread Starter #56
hai frnds i am back with new updates as i upgraded my Riz LXI to as VXI

my changes are at present

front 2 power window arm only not LXI kit
vxi switch control door lock and 4 power window control
2 door trim VXI grey colour
flooring wiring kit with 4 door harness
tacho meter
2 front JBL GT6 366
2 rear JBL GTO 949

Attachments

Dear friends, is it possible to make driver's seat height adjustable. I have vxi model which does not offer this facility but zxi has.

Friends,

Can you please tell me that how important is this tachometer in a car [confused]
My dear friend don't tell me you don't know the use of tachometer in a car.
As far as I know keeping the RPM of engine within a specified limit in different gear position,you can get a better FE.
If there is any undue behavior in car the first thing you can see it is in the tachometer,like needle not in smooth movement when engine is idling .

Any more info is welcome [:)]

My dear friend don't tell me you don't know the use of tachometer in a car.
As far as I know keeping the RPM of engine within a specified limit in different gear position,you can get a better FE.
If there is any undue behavior in car the first thing you can see it is in the tachometer,like needle not in smooth movement when engine is idling .

Any more info is welcome [:)]
Hahahaha, I don't have one in my car and got used to maintain those RPMs with the multijet[;)]

Top Bottom