Five New Features in Volkswagen Vento Highline

Thread Starter #1
Volkswagen has updated the Vento Highline model in India with five important features – rear parking sensors, steering mounted audio controls, leather wrapped steering wheel and USB socket situated in the glovebox. With these new features, price of the Highline trim climbs up by close to 20k rupees. source -indianautosblog

Attachments

Good move by VW. I think they have changed the 2din HU as well. It is no where near to the previous model and I also noticed that people can receive calls by pressing "call button" from the steering wheel.

Good move.

Yes it is a good move in good direction indeed! Vento is not lagging behind in sales but this will make it more feature rich and competition to the pack. In driveability and build nothing like it anyway!

Finally the steering controls & USB makes it's way into the Vento. Welcome addition is the rear sensors. Leather steering cover was standard first, then discontinued, now again standard! I dont think customers will refuse to pay 20k extra for these features but many will turn to other cars if these are lacking in the Vento. Good move VW.

VW, please add these in the Polo Highline before it's too late:
1) Rear power window switches for driver
2) Steering mounted controls
3) USB facility
4) Automatic climate control

You can continue to provide reverse sensors as paid extra, since none of Polo's competitors give that as standard anyways. Please do not increase the price much, the Polo is already overpriced!

Last edited:
Just to add, bluetooth feature is not present in the Vento, the button is just a dummy.

Also, interior surveillance system has been discontinued.

Its a good move. Its evident that competition is heating up in this segment and Vento has responded quickly post ANHV launch to grab the attention of buyers, back on VW.

But price increase of 20k is [thumbsdown]

Very well deserved add-ons I would say. Vento seriously needed the steering controls to bash the competition. Also, 20K is a way lesser increase then the worth of the additions done. Way to go VW. Thumbs UP. [thumbsup]

freakdude.

Finally! The Vento seriously needed these things as standard on its highline variants. But i pity all the previous owners now including my friend!

But what is the 5th new feature , only four is mentioned in first post. Steering controls , USB , parking sensors , leather wrapped steering , then?

350Z

Core Team
News is floating around on web (Acc. to SVP and VW) that Vento now comes with bonus features at Rs 9.77 Lakhs (Ex.Showroom, Delhi). But I wonder, these features were available already since sometime ago?

- Park Distance Control
- Steering Mounted Audio Controls
- RCD 310 Music System with USB + 4 Speakers

new vento.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Glad to know that VW is actively adding upgrades to the Vento even when Vento is selling well unlike Honda which never upgraded the City and is now nowhere in the picture.

Sad to see that Vento Highline still does not come with a GPS system (VW does not even provide it as a accessory).

350Z

Core Team
Will this happen in Polo too?
Please refer to this thread for more: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...agen-polo-facelift-coming.html?highlight=polo

Sad to see that Vento Highline still does not come with a GPS system (VW does not even provide it as a accessory).
Volkswagen does offers a Navon GPS with Breeze Edition of Polo and Vento: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...iscounts-schemes-indian-cars-4.html#post99317

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom