Fitting Alto K10 Steering on Alto 800

Thread Starter #1
Hi Gurus/Friends,

I have a query regarding steering wheel swap of alto800 with the newer alto k10's. I have tried removing the steering wheel and found that it is feasible but am not sure and want you all to comment and suggest before i actually go in to the purchase of steering wheel from MASS.

Re: Alto k10 Steering on Alto 800

well i wont advice to do any mods with your steering..it can be very risky if you know!! why you want to change steering btw??

Thread Starter #3

Actually i like the chunky new steering wheel of k10 and found it more grippy than the older one. Thats why was thinking of this MOD. Please let know what risks may be involved.

well buddy if steering is not properly fitted..you can imagine what risks are involved!! if you want grip get new steering cover or buy sporty steering wheels and install from professional installer!!

Thread Starter #5

Actually i got this idea after some screeching noise started coming from steering wheel (only when i parked car in sun's heat, well you know summer conditions). I took my baby to MASS for getting it checked. it was then that i figured out that removing steering wheel is not difficult and both the parts (Alto800 and Alto K10) were similar (though i dint check it closely since i dint had swapping in mind at that time). After i came back my DIY mind started its work and hence this idea came. :)

In cases there are lots of risk involved ill probably not do it :(

If momo steering can be fitted, then can't he fit k10 steering on alto F8? Please correct if I am being stupid.

If momo steering can be fitted, then can't he fit k10 steering on alto F8? Please correct if I am being stupid.
You are right, But as long as the thread on the steering rods are of the same size and type. I guess they both are the same.

I don't think there should be any problem, as far as the steering rod in both variants is same, and the splines/ broaching profile of both steering wheel is same.
Only remember to get it fitted from a professional.

Thread Starter #9
Great to know some details from like minded TAIns [clap]. Had almost dropeed the idea of this but seems this is feasible and am again after this MOD. If anyone else has done this would appreciate some pics of the same being shared.

I have a similar query, thought of adding it here itself instead of opening a new thread. I too have fallen in love with the CHUNKY, BEAUTIFUL steering wheel of the Alto K10, Is it possible to fit it in my 800 (96 model - No Power Steering)?

If yes, how much would it cost? Will the smaller steering wheel add more pain to the steering at parking speeds?

I just found one nut kind of thing holding on to my steering in my 800.

I Have tried fitting 3 spoke Zen steering in my car. Every thing would be fine except the indicators wont turn of when we return the steering back..

The steering is mounted with a single nut..

Can some one post the pictures of Alto k10 and 800 steering..

I have a similar query, thought of adding it here itself instead of opening a new thread. I too have fallen in love with the CHUNKY, BEAUTIFUL steering wheel of the Alto K10, Is it possible to fit it in my 800 (96 model - No Power Steering)?

If yes, how much would it cost? Will the smaller steering wheel add more pain to the steering at parking speeds?

I just found one nut kind of thing holding on to my steering in my 800.
ss80,

I think that M800 doesn't require any power steering as i has already good control while driving. If you particularly face some problems get it checked and repaired. When i tried in my car i was able to make an U-turn with 2 rotations in a normal steering while trying with other suzuki brand base model cars i found it hard as it took 3-4 rotations to make a u-turn. So jus think before you take any decision. [;)]

Top Bottom