Fitting Aftermarket ABS – Is It Possible?

Thread Starter #1
I have a silly question can we add ABS in a lx version of scorpio if we need .(mods can move this question to any other appropriate thread)

AMG

Suspended
Fitting an after-market ABS is possible but NOT RECOMMENDED because

1: it turns out to be much more expensive(even more expensive than buying an ABS car)

2: The reliability is always a suspect.

Last edited:
It is possible but it should NOT be gone in for! Its extremely risky.
1. It can void warranty and above all, its working is suspect.:suspect:
2. Service is impossible.

Fitting an after-market ABS is possible but NOT RECOMMENDED because

1: it turns out to be much more expensive(even more expensive than buying an ABS car)

2: The reliability is always a suspect.
+1. It is possible but NOT RECOMMENDED. An orkut friend of mine had fitted it on his Swift Dzire, but unfortunately when he needed the ABS it failed to work an he met with an accident. The tire marks on the road suggested that his ABS didnt work then. even the mechanic who checked the car afterwards said the same. I will try to post the link to that writeup.

Thread Starter #9
+1. It is possible but NOT RECOMMENDED. An orkut friend of mine had fitted it on his Swift Dzire, but unfortunately when he needed the ABS it failed to work an he met with an accident. The tire marks on the road suggested that his ABS didnt work then. even the mechanic who checked the car afterwards said the same. I will try to post the link to that writeup.
I am surprised to see some one already fitted it[thumbsup] and tested it [lol]

I was thinking about this question for more than a week and felt very silly to ask

Thank you all.

One poor DZire gone down the drain, sigh![frustration]
ilango[speed thirst];38541 said:
1. can be fixed .
2. Even import hi- gen like and fix
3.HIGHLY RISKY.

Just to improve braking you can go for performance brakes /pads! trust worthy
+1 to that.

Simple answer, not at all recommended.

Local garages wont understand ABC of this & A.S.S wont do it. anyways, its too risky to meddle with the brakes.

Re: Is It Possible to Add ABS as an Aftermarket Fitment?

Bumping an year old thread.

Adding ABS to a non-ABS vehicle is possible, but the safety & reliability depends on the vehicle, skilled technician & the quality of product.

If the base car has to facility to add ABS, it should not be a big problem. Nissan cars (without ABS) has all the provision to add ABS. ABS encoders are located on wheel bearings, so a change in wheel bearing could solve the issue without any major modifications. Sensor is located on the knuckle, which is plugged with a plastic cap in non-ABS models. So just remove the plug and add the sensor. Wiring harness, brake piping blah blah blah everything has the similar provisions. So it should not be a head ache in these cars.

If the base car has such provisions, you are through with the project. I hope most of the modern cars can be retrofitted as all OEMs target on part commonisation across the variants.

PS: Using OEM parts rather than after market parts (unless it is highly reliable & direct to fit) is always recommended for all safety related items.

Re: Is It Possible to Add ABS as an Aftermarket Fitment?

Recently, i found some heavy vechicles fitted with ABS, including some private route buses & lorrys in cochin. Which as part of the changed RTO rule, i think.
There are some companies which are providing ABS to these Leyland , Tata buses, trucks. I am not sure about the quality or reliablity. If it can be fixed for these heavy vechicles and the mahindra Loadking tipper too, then it cannot be impossible for scorpio.

Top Bottom