Fitted Bass Tubes Now Lights Dimming

Thread Starter #1
Hello People. I have fitted two bass tube car subwoofers and followed this car audio install website and they are working which is great. But now that i play a bass song like imran khan amplifier, the headlights are dimming when the bass drops. This happens at higher volumes, do i need one on them deep cycle batteries in my Subaru. I was also reading to see if i can understand more about ICE as i am new to it and there is something called a power cap for car audio installs read this one as well.

What is a power cap, does it give more bass, i have been reading some websites and they say that they don't work at all. As you can probably tell i am fairly new to the car audio stuff, so guys and help would be appreicated to stop the dimming headlights.

Thanks guys...

Hello People. I have fitted two bass tube car subwoofers and followed this car audio install website and they are working which is great. But now that i play a bass song like imran khan amplifier, the headlights are dimming when the bass drops. This happens at higher volumes, do i need one on them deep cycle batteries in my Subaru. I was also reading to see if i can understand more about ICE as i am new to it and there is something called a power cap for car audio installs read this one as well.

What is a power cap, does it give more bass, i have been reading some websites and they say that they don't work at all. As you can probably tell i am fairly new to the car audio stuff, so guys and help would be appreicated to stop the dimming headlights.

Thanks guys...
Dimming won't stop drastically even with a capacitor. It basically stores power and supplies just at the right time for quick bass drops or bursts. This will work a bit as the amplifier will use power required (during bass drops) from the capacitor and not directly the battery. The capacitor would have the power stored already during low-volume use. But still this won't solve the problem completely, dimming would still exist.

How old is the battery?

Top Bottom