Fitness Mantra - Tips and Discussions

Satyajeet, Thats an Interesting Transformation and quite nice tips.

What do you recommend in protein for us Vegan Folks?
And Please share more tips buddy!
for Vegan folks you can try below:-

1) Handful of almonds / pistachios
2) Beans ( Kidney beans , spouts, green spouts, pulses)
3) Skimmed milk
4) Broccoli (Best source of protein, its more protein than chicken and fish )
5) Tofu
6) Soybean ( but not too much it has some after effects)
7) chickpeas
8) Eat all green vegis (though they are not rich in protein but they are healthy)
9) Yogurt
10) Fresh fruits except Mango and Banana these has lot of sugars which tend to gain weight

Hope the list helps.

Thanks,
Satyajeet

for Vegan folks you can try below:-

1) Handful of almonds / pistachios
2) Beans ( Kidney beans , spouts, green spouts, pulses)
3) Skimmed milk
4) Broccoli (Best source of protein, its more protein than chicken and fish )
5) Tofu
6) Soybean ( but not too much it has some after effects)
7) chickpeas
8) Eat all green vegis (though they are not rich in protein but they are healthy)
9) Yogurt
10) Fresh fruits except Mango and Banana these has lot of sugars which tend to gain weight
With these many protein intake the content of water intake must also be high than the regular intake. As the protein we intake would be high than our regular intake then there will be some imbalance in our body nutrients that is excess of protein content in our body and atlast it will result in less amount of energy received from proteins to the body.

So drink plenty of water to balance the nutrients/energy that we get from protein.

With these many protein intake the content of water intake must also be high than the regular intake. As the protein we intake would be high than our regular intake then there will be some imbalance in our body nutrients that is excess of protein content in our body and atlast it will result in less amount of energy received from proteins to the body.

So drink plenty of water to balance the nutrients/energy that we get from protein.
yes agreed, you should drink adequate(6-7liters) water as we need to flush out the impurities.
Also the above protein sources have lot of heat which is not good for the body hence we need to keep it cool by consuming lot of water. In addition to this if we don't workout when we are high protein diet then its not good it might have some side effects depending upon which protein source you are consuming.

I have started basic workout of 5 days a week but I do cardio more i.e 3 times a week and weights 2 days a week. Main intention is to loose the weight and reduce extra fat tummy.
Any pointers for me please?
Note - I do not follow diet but I am tending towards following it strictly.

I have started basic workout of 5 days a week but I do cardio more i.e 3 times a week and weights 2 days a week. Main intention is to loose the weight and reduce extra fat tummy.
Any pointers for me please?
Note - I do not follow diet but I am tending towards following it strictly.
To loose tummy fat please practice or include sit ups in your workout as it works out for both tummy and thighs.

Following Diet won't make us to be fit but the food which is served for us daily must be eaten with much greater interest the more interest or involvement we take in consuming the food makes the food to be converted into energy and automatically we will be staying healthy and fit. But still don't consume more oily or deep fried foods but instead consider boiled foods like idlies for morning instead of dosa's for breakfast, boiled vegetables instead of oil fried/tossed vegetables as side dish for lunch and chappati's or rotis for dinner.

Please Note i am not saying that you can eat everything you want, but consider taking all types of food that consist of the cereals, grains, etc everyday or please see to that the grains are included in your meals.

While following diet the body needs some essential good fats to keep us active and during diet not only the good fats but also the needed nutrients might not be included so when we are not in diet we get sufficient nutrients from all vitamins, minerals, etc in the food. And apart from this a simple way of eating style/ practising a healthy diet is that please do not consider or reduce the amount of chicken intake itself or consume it only ones in a month and increase the intake of sea foods as they contain more amount of good fat and contains iron, etc. And reduce the intake of foods from any restaurant as they include ajinomoto, baking soda in foods like noodles, paratha's, chicken receipes, etc to make the food more tender and juicy than our home preparations.

If we all leave the chicken and other fast foods, that would itself become as a diet but if it is not possible to stop consuming fast foods then reduce the frequency of consumption of chicken and fast foods monthly or day by day.

To loose tummy fat please practice or include sit ups in your workout as it works out for both tummy and thighs.

Following Diet won't make us to be fit but the food which is served for us daily must be eaten with much greater interest the more interest or involvement we take in consuming the food makes the food to be converted into energy and automatically we will be staying healthy and fit. But still don't consume more oily or deep fried foods but instead consider boiled foods like idlies for morning instead of dosa's for breakfast, boiled vegetables instead of oil fried/tossed vegetables as side dish for lunch and chappati's or rotis for dinner.

Please Note i am not saying that you can eat everything you want, but consider taking all types of food that consist of the cereals, grains, etc everyday or please see to that the grains are included in your meals.

While following diet the body needs some essential good fats to keep us active and during diet not only the good fats but also the needed nutrients might not be included so when we are not in diet we get sufficient nutrients from all vitamins, minerals, etc in the food. And apart from this a simple way of eating style/ practising a healthy diet is that please do not consider or reduce the amount of chicken intake itself or consume it only ones in a month and increase the intake of sea foods as they contain more amount of good fat and contains iron, etc. And reduce the intake of foods from any restaurant as they include ajinomoto, baking soda in foods like noodles, paratha's, chicken receipes, etc to make the food more tender and juicy than our home preparations.

If we all leave the chicken and other fast foods, that would itself become as a diet but if it is not possible to stop consuming fast foods then reduce the frequency of consumption of chicken and fast foods monthly or day by day.
Yes, i Agree with nmm mithra

but just few points to add up:

First things first, Looking healthy / fit comes with cost. Staying fit is actually costlier. Just consider the cost of junk food Vs healthy food.
eating salads is very costlier than eating junk food. Chicken burger will cost your around Rs 80-100 but salads will start from Rs 200, So you need to invest in heavy protein, low carb diet if you want to see the results faster and avoid getting frustrated. If you dont do this and keep on working out you will not see the results and ultimately you will give up.

As macsvin said he wants to reduce the tummy fat, Just to give you a basic idea of working out spot reduction is not possible. So people who tell you doing 500 crunches will help you to target belly fat they are wrong. Its your body which will decide from where it will eat up the fat. Consider an example you are having a full chicken(boiled of-course) and your asking your body to just give the protein contents to bicep muscle only this sounds bit crappy right ? Its your body to decide which muscles are broken and which needs repairs depending upon the condition it will decide which nutrients should be given to which part.

You need to decide if you just want to loose fat and keep the muscle ?
If you just loose weight along with muscle you will look sick and after you have reached your goals if you stop working out and stop the diet the after effects are killer. So decide what are your goals 1) Weight loss 2) Look muscular (Keep up the muscle and just loose fat)

Fat Loss:
1) Only cardio for 3-4 days a week is best, it will help you burn more calories but keep in mind it will also kill the muscle.
2) For fat loss only cardio will not help you need to have a strength training(weight training). Actual fat loss happens when you do the weight training
3) Work out is just 20%, for better and faster results you need to go on strict diet. When i say strict you better understand the meaning of it. If you break the diet even for 1 meal your 1 week training is down the drain. You also need to do lot of scarifies. Few tips on diet
A) Go sugar free (No sugar at all)
B) Cut down carbs (if not possible cut it as much as possible)
C) Eat mostly boiled (Eggs / Vegies / Chicken / Beans / sprouts / Yogurt / Skimmed milk / lentils)
D) 6-7 Liters of water per day
E) Avoid fried / fast / white bread / Pasta / Rice / fatty / processed meals / Soda
F) Count your macros and eat 6 times a day.
G) Go on high protein diet.
H) No cheat meals ( I mean Meal, forget about cheat day)

4) Few tips on exercise:
A) Mostly work out on bigger muscle ( Squats / Back / Shoulder / abs )
B) Before you start work out have black coffee just to avoid fatigue. It will also give you energy booster due to caffeine contents.
C) Go for lifting heavy weights. Even if your repetition is 5-6 on the heaviest set its perfectly alright.
D) Push-up / chin-up / free squats / planks / crunches are good to start with.
E) Eat 1 hours before the work out, and 15 mins before the work out fuel your self with black coffee which will help you in the workout sessions

There are lot more things to do, let me know if you need anymore help i will keep on adding up the content.

Thanks,
Satyajeet

Just consider the cost of junk food Vs healthy food. eating salads is very costlier than eating junk food.
But When you eat junk food as it is cheap then we will be ended up in spending 1000's for our medical expenses. Still consuming junk food must also be in our life but to a certain extent and not half of our day must be filled with it. Salads might be costlier in restaurants and in other place, but are they hygenically prepared or when they have prepared is a question (even in any big restaurants this can happen) so it is better to prepare a salad of our choice at home and consume rather than consuming it in restaurants as the fruits or vegetables are to be consumed as soon as possible after they are cooked/cut otherwise the nutrients from the food we eat will be a lot lesser rather than consuming it in fresh.

Top Bottom