First Free Service of My Scorpio Automatic at SKS, Bangalore

Thread Starter #1
Folks, it has been a while since I posted. Went for a 5 day 922 km trip last week to the Beach in Calicut. Scorpio was awesome to drive but man. what bad roads in Kerala. from wayanad all the way. full of bumps and looks like there is only one road in the entire state of Kerala.

Took to SKS Bannerghetta road on thursday morning for service. I had some minor issue on the car right after I bought like the door beads coming off etc and told them to fix that. There were squeaks from the front brakes and some cling cling sounds and I told them to check and fix all that. Dropped the vehicle and went to work. Did not get a call till around 2 and so I called to check. my service Agent was Kavitha and Supervisor was Ramesh. She said everything is going fine and vechicle should be ready soon. little did I know what was to come. When I called around 3. she said the vehicle had an accident when they took it for a test drive...some two wheeler guy rammed on the right side back door and there was a dent in the door and the right side step rails were hit. I hurried to the dealership with a friend to take a look. was upset but did not shout at them. what is the point. what has happened happened. Kavitha was apologetic and so was Ramesh and they said they will fix it at their cost. They explained to me that they will take it to Hosur road workshop, fix the dent, repaint the entire door and also replace the right side rails at their cost. I also asked them to fix the scratches on the front bumper - both left and right - they agreed to do that free of cost, but told me I can get the vehicle only on saturday evening. I was fine with that. do I have a choice. :-)

One other thing that happened during my trip last weekend was. I was returning back on nice road and they were relaying tar on the left lane. little did I know it will affect me. When I came home and washed the car the next day, there was tar all over the front grill, headlights and even my front mirror. black spots all over. Ramesh at SKS siad they can remove that as well by applying diesel. so inspite of the accident and delay, I was happy.

Made a few calls on friday to check and was told everything was on track. Called Kavitha saturday morning and she said she was on leave, but Ramesh would take care. Called Ramesh more than a few times and he kept changing the deliver time from 12 to 1 to 2 to 3.30. Finally I called at 2 and used some strong words. he was actually very kind and nice. he said "Don't worry sir don't take tension. I will take care and deliver the vehicle".

Went to the dearship at around 5p.m. Car was undergoing wash. they had fixed the dent nicely and repainted, repainted the front bumper and everything looked fine but the tar was still there. Also in the course of removing and fixing the door. there were other places in the right side of the car where it looked like the paint had faded. so complained about that as well. Again he called 2-3 boys working there and as usual shouted at them and asked them to do the job. they vaccumed the inside, applied diesel and removed all the tar on the front grill, number place, headlights etc. They advised me not to do that on the glass and I said fine. Finally after being on their backs for around an hour, paid the money (ARound 2400 for oil and fileter change etc) and got out around 6.30. Vehicle looks super fine and nice to drive. Have to see how all buffing they did looks after few days and few more washed.

Ahh...one last thing. the right side rails have not been fixed yet. they do not have it in stock. So Ramesh said he will send someone home on tuesday to fix it. have to see what happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #2
Re: First free service of my Scorpio Automatic at SKS

Also don't know whether it happened in my community or when I had gone to drop my son at school. a few weeks back. some jealousy moron applied little amount of grease on the back left grill. that could not be removed entirely. I don't know why would people do these kinds of things...idiots.

One other mishap that happened to me a few months back is in the parking lot of my company. I park int he basement and there are cement drops on the top and in the front portion of the car. a lot of them have gone over the last few months of washing but still there is a considerable amount left and if you come close. it looks bad.

Don't know why all this happens just to me. it has been crazy. End of the day. I love the SCORP. awesome to drive. a beast on the road. Like before. only crib is the interiors. even if they could have done something nice like on the Hyundai's it would have been awesome.

Getting ready for another long trip this weekend from Bangalore to Kumbakonam to Pondicherry to Chennai and back.

Last edited by a moderator:

Good to hear you are satisfied with your scorpio.
Seems you have run into plain bad luck with the dents.
I know that feeling of some morons who apply grease . Plain idiots i say.
Please post some pictures too.

Looks like Mahindra's A.S.S is improving way better than TATA.

I appreciate the dealer's attitude to fix the dent free of cost. In my Hyundai's job card it is clearly mentioned that they will not be responsible for any accidents happening during road test![frustration]

350Z

Core Team

SKS should be appreciated for being honest and letting you know about the accident. You also did a good thing by maintaining your calm (it’s a difficult thing though in such situations). Hope everything works out well in future.

Also don't know whether it happened in my community or when I had gone to drop my son at school. a few weeks back. some jealousy moron applied little amount of grease on the back left grill. that could not be removed entirely. I don't know why would people do these kinds of things...idiots.
Have read a lot about such morons (and experienced them too). How envious some people can be.

One other mishap that happened to me a few months back is in the parking lot of my company. I park int he basement and there are cement drops on the top and in the front portion of the car. a lot of them have gone over the last few months of washing but still there is a considerable amount left and if you come close. it looks bad.
This thread would be helpful: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...6265-how-remove-cement-dust-car-exterior.html

Don't know why all this happens just to me. it has been crazy. End of the day. I love the SCORP. awesome to drive. a beast on the road.
That’s the spirit. [thumbsup]

PS: Please refrain from inserting dots between the sentences. It spoils the reading pleasure and is also against forum rules. Thanks.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Nice car ,

that is super cool to maintain one's temper esp when they find car in accident at the time of delivery.

No idea how big was the dent / accident mark in door , couldn't you ask for door replacement.

Being in body shop line , a heated/welded door is not so strong as the original.

Hmm so sad to hear your experiences.

I had been to SKS Auto on Saturday, and took my Hawk back from the service.

Also good to know they did a good job.

You can also contact GM , Surendra.

I had been assigned SA Kavitha, but i declined and asked Prasad to be assigned for my car.

Next time i would recommend you Prasad Acharya, he knows everything and suggests accordingly.

Top Bottom