First Ever Car You Sat in / Experienced

Thread Starter #1
Guys,

I just got curious to know what was the first car that we sat in as kids / little children. I would love to know that from you all [:)].

Here's mine:
My first ever car I experienced (and which I remember after coming to senses about our worldly existence) was the Ambassador Diesel. This was my dad's close friends blue one. I still remember the number - TND - 6341 [:)].
I remember having travelled more than a few 1000 kms when we were in this remote place down south.

Whats yours?

350Z

Core Team
Intresting thread vroom. Co-incidentally, The first car in which I sat was too an Ambassador, Then I learnt driving on an 800.

350Z

Thread Starter #3
Ya Ya!! I have vague memories of this car making so much noise like a truck - It was an old diesel engine you see [:)]

Just curious, what model of M800 was that? I remember there was another form of this car called Dolphin. Not sure if you had seen this though. Anyways, M800 went through so many of its avatars.

Thread Starter #5
Yea 350Z!! I don't know if we can source some of these historical car(s) images. I will try to get them from somewhere. Atleast it will be interesting to see them again [:)]

Hey again i have to tell the same thing!!

Even my first experience is Ambasador!

Cannot forgot the big 3 seater in front & Hand Gears & Noisy Engine!!

Thread Starter #7
But I don't recollect if the one I travelled first had the hand gear or the floor one [confused]

well what i remember is that our family had that small bettle kind of a car, very similar dont remember its name, it was known as frog car and i was around 2 yrs.Can anyone recollect talking about 1976 to 1979-80.

Thread Starter #9
Hey Vijay, I remember this car!! Wow!! It was a real cool one [:)]

Where is this car now? I guess it's kind of antique now and will fetch you an astronomical amount if you were willing to sell it [;)]

350Z

Core Team
well what i remember is that our family had that small bettle kind of a car, very similar dont remember its name, it was known as frog car and i was around 2 yrs.Can anyone recollect talking about 1976 to 1979-80.
You say, "Beetle Kind", Means it wasn't a beetle?
So was it the Morris Minor? I love both of them.
Morris quite resembles to the old Beetle.

350Z

Thread Starter #13
the first car i sat in was a 1995 toyota camry
but later my dad bought a soluna and then now civic

type-r: Which car is a Soluna? apologies for my ignorance.

Edit: Right!! searched on google, its a Toyota Saluna [:)]

Last edited:
Our 1st Family car was oldest M800 which was bought in 1985 for 80000 (Price Rs.35000 + On Rs.45000). It was in this car we, 11 of us (2 adults + 9kids) went from Mumbai till Agra in 1988. My fav seat was in boot then. in old M800, just upper half of the boot opens (only Glass) and that was the best part in old 800. I along with 2 cousins remember doing almost all the trips in that car sitting in boot with glass open.

And I learnt driving in Tempo Trax when I was 12 years old. Had tough time turning the manual steering of Trax but still it was fun. How fast things change. Now we are soo used to power-steering that even if I drive old Zen vx of M800, steering feels Truck-like. Oops, now a days even trucks have power steering.

Top Bottom