First Ever Car You Sat in / Experienced

Thread Starter #16
Man, that's some adventure - Mumbai to Agra.
torque.addict, I did not get the price breakup. What's "On Rs.45000"?? And 11 [shock]!! And now we talk about very less rear space in a hatchback [:D]

Last edited by a moderator:
Our 1st Family car was oldest M800 which was bought in 1985 for 80000 (Price Rs.35000 + On Rs.45000). It was in this car we, 11 of us (2 adults + 9kids) went from Mumbai till Agra in 1988. My fav seat was in boot then. in old M800, just upper half of the boot opens (only Glass) and that was the best part in old 800. I along with 2 cousins remember doing almost all the trips in that car sitting in boot with glass open.

And I learnt driving in Tempo Trax when I was 12 years old. Had tough time turning the manual steering of Trax but still it was fun. How fast things change. Now we are soo used to power-steering that even if I drive old Zen vx of M800, steering feels Truck-like. Oops, now a days even trucks have power steering.
Oh man! 11 of you ?

wow abhi thats some machines and 11 people on board till Agra is some hell of a ride on that vehicle.
Vibhor yes i guess that was Morris Minor.

To the best of my memory, the first ever car I sat in was Mahindra cut chase petrol jeep. It was 4-wheel drive, with 3 gear leavers.

I learned driving during the summer vacation at the end of my 5th std. That again in a Mahindra CJ 500. I was pretty decent driver by the time I was in 6th std. I still remember the satisfaction I had when I drove from Mysore to Ooty (a route with 18 hair pins) during the summer vacation at end of my 6th Std. Those days I used to drive Fiat & Ambi with hand gears and I still love hand gear! I learned to ride the cycle when I was in my 10 std [;)] When I was doing my +2, I learned to ride a bike and Yamaha RX100 was my first own bike. When I was doing my first year of B.Sc. I switched over to Bullet, in parallel started driving heavy vehicles. My first heavy vehicle was a TATA bus. The real on rad experience came with TATA 608 truck. I have driven this with a full load of tiles (and it is not easy). Then by end of B.Sc, we bought an M800 and a WagonR 4 years later.

I have a heavy license (of course with badge) and I am planing to take explosive license too ( required to drive tankers). I wanted take an European license from here, but it is very costly in Denmark [:)]

Thread Starter #20
Shynish , Thats adventurous!!
The reverse pyramid of learning makes for real interesting reading.. hehe.
I was wondering, how did you ever get a chance to drive a Tata bus? Man, thats cool.

Cheers,
Vroom

Man, that's some adventure - Mumbai to Agra.
torque.addict, I did not get the price breakup. What's "On Rs.45000"?? And 11 [shock]!! And now we talk about very less rear space in a hatchback [:D]
M800 had a huge booking then and in order to get quicker deliver (without booking), we had to pay 45000 extra.

It was in this car we, 11 of us (2 adults + 9kids) went from Mumbai till Agra in 1988.
I just saw a programme yesterday, in which a Lady drove M800 with 48 Persons in it :)

It was recorded for Limca Book of Records & she drove 2 Kms with total of 49 people in car!

Shynish , Thats adventurous!!
The reverse pyramid of learning makes for real interesting reading.. hehe.
I was wondering, how did you ever get a chance to drive a Tata bus? Man, thats cool.

Cheers,
Vroom
He He ..in fact one of my friend had couple of buses (Kerala is one of the states where private buses operators have the monopoly). Once the last trip is done, the buses (he had 3) will come to his office and we used to take any one of those back to home. This was very convenient for us as his office was in the middle of our route from college to home!

To add, my friend concluded his studies by Graduation and is a full time bus operator now with more buses added to the fleet!

Thread Starter #25
He He ..in fact one of my friend had couple of buses (Kerala is one of the states where private buses operators have the monopoly). Once the last trip is done, the buses (he had 3) will come to his office and we used to take any one of those back to home. This was very convenient for us as his office was in the middle of our route from college to home!

To add, my friend concluded his studies by Graduation and is a full time bus operator now with more buses added to the fleet!
Now I know whom to catch when I want an opinion on buying a bus [:D]. Not that I plan to do that for a long long time.

Driving a heavy vehicle should be fun.

My first ride was in my dad's omni.
It was bought in 1989 for 1L. i was 3yr old then. Gypsy , my fav car was 25k more then.
I learn driving in that. we sold that in 2007.
It had 2 reg numbers, one was gcb 3219.
then now its running as pyol-c- 9879(re reg in pondicherry).

My first ride was also Ambasador.[lol] and 2nd was Fiat NE 118.
First car i drove was Maruti Omni. But first car, owned, was Alto.

guys my first was ambassador too. don't the exact model etc. it was a dark green one. learnt driving in a white maruti omni(uncle's) when i was in 5th std. and my first car is the alto then santro(have them both)
@RSM
we both had similar picks.[cheers]

Your story is similar to mine!

Even I sat in Amby First.

Learnt driving in Maruti Omni (Same white color) & M800 & Santro.

Now owning a i10 :)

Top Bottom