First Ever Car You Sat in / Experienced

350Z

Core Team
but what i noticed was that the amby was the first car ride for many of us. right??
We see the Ambys, Padminis, 800s to be many people's first car because these were the only which were most available and affordable at those times.

Drive Safe!
350Z

My first car ride was also in am ambassador white colour!!! man i still remember the days when i used to sit in the driver's seat when i was studying in 3rd std and control the steering while my dad used to change the gear levers in the side!! it was so much fun!! then we switched over to 2 more Ambys and then a light green padmini and then finally a TATA SIERRA!! i learnt to drive in a SIERRA , i felt afraid to drive an SUV first up but then it was so much fun later!! we then sold it and now having TATA SAFARI and HYUNDAI VERNA crdi.

Thread Starter #33
@cooldhaya,

Well, its like nostalgia isn't it? going back to the good old days??[:)]

Cheers,
Vroom

The Amby seems to be a hot favourite.
And the first ones I sat in had a Matador Diesel engine shoved in!!
That was what was noisy!!!

Mine was a Buick, And it was 7 days after me being born.My mom told me she,my dad with me wrapped in a blanket took a ride on it to our home. The car belonged to my Mom's friend. She cant remember the model though,she just knows that it was big and a Buick. Obviously I dont remember anything,the car I know I took a ride in for the first time was my uncle's Green Mitsubishi Galant 1979 model.

Last edited:
I learnt driving in a Maruti 800 and remember the times when my dad would take me out for my driving lessons. Maruti 800 was a lighter car compared to others on road earlier and hence it was quite easy to learn driving. My blue coloured Maruti 800 will always be close to my heart !!

1st car as a passenger HM Ambassador Mark3. Learnt driving on a Premier Padmini and the first car owned by me was an Esteem VX (Pre-owned)

Our first car Premier Padmini Deluxe BE.We bought it in 1989 and sold in 2005.Never went out for long drives.It was restricted to city drive only.Rear seat was very comfortable.Sold this car for Rs 40,000.Towards the end maintenance cost was rising very much.

My pops used to roam a lot with his friends when I was a kid so do not remember the 1st Car I sat. But out first car was Fiat (Premier Padmini)

The first car that we (my dad) owned was an 'Austin 7'

Has any one heard of it?

Didn't have a self starter and needed to be cranked. Had additional accelerator and clutch leavers in the center of the steering wheel. 3 gears forwards and reverse. It was a tourer and had a bulb horn. Buckets seats in the front. Wheels like a bullet's.

Drove it from Cochin to Chennai, (with a night halt in Coimbatore), when he was transferred. And sold it. Wish he hadn't. We did not have parking space in Chennai at that time.

Top Bottom