First Drive: Volkswagen Beetle

Love it or Hate it but the car surely looks cute.

Though it lacks some features its more of a style statement & its Das Auto after all.

Zinam & 350Z [clap] (now i am bored of this wont be doing it for rest of the TD's) [:D]

Thread Starter #17
Let me be the first to congratulate you both Zinam and 350Z. Just excellent report.

Sad to see this doesn't have fog lamp and very common dash. Rear seat cramped is expected, as it is not meant for family car.

How is it compared to Fiat 500??
Thanks RSM!

Yes Interiors are bit turn at this hefty price.

Hmm.. Well i have seen couple of FIAT 500s, but haven't driven it, So cannot comment anything on performance. But Beetle is just solid bug :)

Excellent work, Zinam and Vibhor.No words just WOW![clap]

Overally its a cute car[:)],lacking some basic features and overprized for India.
Thanks AHI!
Ya pricing is the part which makes many people stay away from this beauty.

WOW WOW WOW, I was not expecting this at ALL, This is just beautiful, Another beautiful and a detailed review there zinam, Keep up the good work.
Though i don't like the car's looks, I like the 2.0 enine which powers the car. I personally prefer Fiat 500 to beetle.
Thanks Napster!

Ya 500 is really cheap when compared to beetle now & this will increase sales of FIAT 500 now.

i am not impressed particularly by the interior looks and the engine specs. expected much more from a 2.0 liter engine!
i would prefer fiat 500 any day over this which comes with steering mounted audio controls, blue n me etc and has loads of customization options an last but not the least comes at 5L cheaper!
Obviously ! FIAT 500 has way ahead futuristic interiors & gadgets when compared to Beetle. Still you miss the Brand Image opr call it as Status Symbol. Beetle is definitely a head turner at Parties or any events!

First of all, a huge round of applause for the TAI team to manage and get Beetle. The review is neat and professional. @zinam, your reviews just gets better and better. The pictures are very cool. Really unexpected review.
Thanks Crazy Cat! Do tune in for much more suprises!

what a Price!Isn't the price anything above 8-10lakhs justified for this car?even if it's legendary lineage also considered.I know it is a import(CKD or CBU?) Still . .
This car is worth buying at 8 lakhs, since its an CBU, 120+% duties make this rocket high!

Zinam and 350Z, you guys are the heroes! Just another excellent report. Kudos to you guys. Keep going on. [thumbsup]
Thanks Shynish!

I agree to your views.

good report but bad car!
i never liked this car and after this will continue to hate it!
VW is going ahead very strongly but little things like not equipping the Beetle is wrong!
Thanks Archit!

Any specific reason for hating this car ? Design or performance ?

Last edited:
WOW!! i never knew TAI was this quick!!:eek: TD of a beetle? kudos to zinam and vibhor. great review. the car can be bad according to some and some may just fall in love with it at the instant its seen. different people have different angel of thinking. for ex VW people thought this will be a great success. but i doubt this as this car is not at all VFM.as quoted by shynish, its just "an iconic beetle". anyways this dosen't has much importance when compared to how quick we(TAI) are growing. with the review of this car i think its a milestone achieved. cheers to TAI[clap]

Yes price of any CBU car should be seen in context. As 350Z mentioned, heavy leavy is included in the price.
Anyway, these 2 cars, Beetle and 500, are just for brand image, not to put sales chart on fire. I think VW is following Fiat's strategy.

Wow i never expected the TD review of Beetle so soon!! Maybe this is why Zinam said he was busy when i msged him!! Excellent work Adam and 350Z , i never really expected this and its a real pleasant surprise!!

The Beetle looks cute alright but not VFM product in India as its imported as CBU , so sad!!
The FE is really bad but the owners of this car wont be bothered to visit the fuel station often!! Also the low GC means one has to be careful driving in India!!

Thread Starter #21
Love it or Hate it but the car surely looks cute.
Zinam & 350Z [clap] (now i am bored of this wont be doing it for rest of the TD's) [:D]
Thanks Neil!

WOW!! i never knew TAI was this quick!!:eek: TD of a beetle? kudos to zinam and vibhor. great review. .......... anyways this dosen't has much importance when compared to how quick we(TAI) are growing. with the review of this car i think its a milestone achieved. cheers to TAI[clap]
Thanks Sriharsha!

TAI will give you more suprises & exclusives! do tune in for more action!

Wow i never expected the TD review of Beetle so soon!! Maybe this is why Zinam said he was busy when i msged him!! Excellent work Adam and 350Z , i never really expected this and its a real pleasant surprise!!
Thanks CoolDhaya!

Excellent! Keep it up..! Other day, somebody said that my report was very precise. Now I say, good that my report was precise and short. For more detailed one, Zinam and Vibhor has done the job. Good one at that!

Cheers..

wow, superb review guys, unexpected but a round of [clap] to our team for putting up the efforts and getting VW Beetle around.Zinam, great work buddy.Your reviews and detailed information is improving each passing TD reports and that makes you perfect reviewer here.Keep up the good work.
Have seen its promos and launch events and could never understand why do VW name this all new Beetle here, where this is their old model and not new.

Thread Starter #25
Thanks Vijay!

They mean it this way, Its all new beetle for India!

But for world, its an old model :)

350Z

Core Team
Vijay,
Please read the "Beetle, The Volkswagen Beetle" Part of our report where we've said that all the latest Generation Models of Beetle are called as "New Beetle". So Volkswagen following same in India as in rest of the world is no surprise. Even the Scale Model of car which I've says "New Beetle". :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

one question - why is there that small flower vase on dash of beetle? just decoration?
a nice thing though. [:)]

Top Bottom