Finally, Toyota Launches Altis Diesel!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #18
90BHP will not be underpowered for normal sedan. Again it will not make it sporty enough, but should be adequate for Indian driving conditions.

350Z

Core Team
Toyota Altis Diesel will make its debut in India on 21st July. Specs are still unknown.

Drive Safe,
350Z

This is a great news for me. My Dad has always loved Corolla and then Altis but was turned off by the lack of diesel engine. Depending on price, it could be a right replacement for our almost 1 lac km old Logan DLS.

I don't think 90 BHP would be underpowered, they'd compensate it with flexibility and power delivery. Toyota cars' performance would be adequate enough for our roads.

350Z

Core Team
Toyota Kirloskar will officially launch the Corolla in Diesel avatar tommorow, in Delhi.

Drive Safe,
350Z

AMG

Suspended
NEW DELHI: Toyota Kirloskar Motors on Wednesday launched the diesel version of Corolla Altis at a price of Rs 10.95 lakh, ex-showroom, Delhi. The car will be available in three variants D4DJ, D4DG and D4DGL. The top end model would cost Rs 13.75 lakh.

The Altis earlier came with a petrol engine and Toyota hopes to corner a higher share of this fast-growing segment with the diesel version. The petrol Altis is currently available between Rs 10 lakh and Rs 14 lakh in Delhi (ex-showroom price).

The changes in the new model are mainly limited to the engine and the exterior remains more or less the same.

The Altis diesel is powered by a 1.4 litre common rail diesel engine capable of producing 88.4PS and a torque of 205 Nm. Transmission duties are handled by a manual six-speed gearbox.
While the power specs might not sound very exciting the fuel efficiency figures certainly make for a heavier wallet. Toyota claims the fuel efficiency to be 21.4 kmpl, which is one of the best figures in the diesel segment.

Source: Economic Times

NOTE: New Grill

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
I cant spot any exterior changes.
Finally Altis gets the diesel, with mouth watering fuel efficiency. I feel its high time Honda gets its diesel in india to maintain decent sales of its premium sedan Civic.

Launched.
Prices(ex showroom Delhi)
10.95 Lakhs
12.73 Lakhs
13.75 Lakhs.

Decent price.But heard the engine is extremely unresponsive.Low on power & has a massive turbo lag.
Definately for the chauffeur driven.
Would be a hit in the taxi market.

AMG

Suspended
Will be a great hit with the oldies.
Those oldies who want
1: something practical
2: cheap to maintain
3: fuel efficient

And the Cruze fulfills none of these.
And Civic doesnt have a diesel.

Here is the Autocar India review.

I expect to see a dent in Civic and Corolla Petrol sales.
Will be a great hit with the oldies.
Those oldies who want
1: something practical
2: cheap to maintain
3: fuel efficient

And the Cruze fulfills none of these.
And Civic doesnt have a diesel.
This holds true if the 'oldies' are Fleet owners like car hire, hotel, MNCs, Govt, dept.s etc. who have until now been using the Corolla Petrol, and the salaried class who can afford to buy a civic but end up with a Linea or Laura for the sake of low fuel cost etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom