Finally My Italian Beauty Punto Reached HOME

Thread Starter #136
Dharmesh, I think after 2 yrs the service the equivalent ODO reading considered for service is 30K. But I am using my punto only for long drives so the ODO reading is less. [anger]

^^ Ooopppssss. Sorry I dint realize you have almost completed 2 years. When did you have last service? At what ODO reading?

I am guessing that this may not be the issue. Just take your beauty out for a ride and drive at lower gears and higher RPMs for about 10KMs. But only after the beauty have reached the operating temperature. This may solve your problem. Just try this before taking an appointment with TASS/FASS.

Thread Starter #138
Thanks Dharmesh for your inputs.

I drove since two days, again it seems my punto doing OK in lower gears. Is it something FIAT cars used to? Or something has been cleared out ?

May be how diesel engine behaves. I do the same whenever I feel car is bit down in pick up . Just spiritedly for 1-2 days and here she is back again.

I am not tech guru, but this has to do something with ECU as well, it adjust itself as per your driving style.

Hi Guys,
I am having a FIAT Linea Dynamic Variant 2012 Model. Even i faced the same issue almost 3 to 4 times. But this happens only when i not used the car for around 10 days. I checked with the FIAT guys, they say it might be a Fuel issue.
But i could not able to reproduce the issue in the Service center.

As I said before it is not issue, it is how diesel engine behaves plus heavy build and body of FIAT cars plus lethargic gear ratios makes you feel the same.

As of my understanding this is an issue. How come suddenly the CAR is not even moving above 10kmph speed even when we press accelerator down.
Turbo is working fine, so even there might be issue in Accelerator sensors/Fuel Lines etc.,At some point of time, if we allowed the fuel to low down to around 3 to 4 litres also, the issue may come.

Thread Starter #143
If fuel level matters. I can assure you that I have certainly some other issue. When I felt the issue, my fuel level was filled with more than 1/2 tank. But I do agree that unless anyting changes, how the car behaves wiered and later rectifies itself ? Do our Indian FASS guys not have enough knowledge to understand Italian technology ?

Thread Starter #149
Thanks Dharmesh for responding. Punto/linea does not have CC in indian market. However, few users gave it a try and succeeded also.

Top Bottom