Finally I Bought a Car, Nope its an SUV, the 'New Generation Mahindra Scorpio S10'

Re: Finally I Bought a Car, Nope its an SUV, the 'New Generation Mahindra Scorpio S10

Thanks, will definitely post as much as possible.

Thanks. I am sure the 4WD is definitely a proper offroader. However I did have to hold my breath (with my 2WD) while crossing a few sections of muddy roads between Tiruvannamalai & Krishnagiri. Most of road (muddy) sections were half of the tyre height. Lorries / Buses were crossing very cautiously. But the Scorpio just eased it through.

I meant this attachment. Courtesy MotorBeam. Are you planning something similar (just decals)? I guess this is available on the front doors as well.
I heard those decals were launched with V-Series SCORPIO. Specially made for VLX models. Previously i thought it was made for mHAWK engine SCORPIO's[;)]. New Generation SCORPIO has somehow different design for back side hence they won't fit on back properly [frustration].

Untitled.jpg

If its done by dealer then please add or send pics. Eagerly waiting to see that decals on New Generation SCORPIO [clap].

Last edited:
Thread Starter #32
Re: Finally I Bought a Car, Nope its an SUV, the 'New Generation Mahindra Scorpio S10

If its done by dealer then please add or send pics. Eagerly waiting to see that decals on New Generation SCORPIO [clap].
Hi iNM

I did check with ASC / Dealers. I heard that there are no decals for the NG Scorpio released yet...

Hi iNM

I did check with ASC / Dealers. I heard that there are no decals for the NG Scorpio released yet...
As expected. But I really loved VLX series decal on mHAWK SCORPIO. Hope Mahindra will come up with some brilliant decal for New Gen SCORPIO. [;)]

BTW check out this Modified New Gen SCORPIO pics modified by KitUp. I specially liked that interior theme.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/official-road-tests/20561-mahindra-scorpio-2015-review-pictures-scorpio-sting-7.html

Thread Starter #34

Updates after 9 months.

Scorpio is running at 9200+ mark. Overtook my Bullet 500 a few months ago! Got the 1st service done @ 4800kms mark. Got the 2nd service a month ago (anticipating a 1500+ kms trip, but didn't happen!).

The machine is running with no issues. Just that the battery died twice (without usage post 4+ weeks). Had to bring in the Yellow Scorpio team to get the beast started.

I had taken it to many places including Pondicherry, Chennai, Mysore, Mahabalipuram, BR Hills, etc to name a few.

A few pics for eye feasting attached below.

Attachments

Thread Starter #35

I do have a small query. Please have a look at the picture & let me know if this is going to be a problem in the long run. The car mostly is parked in fully covered parking in the night, but fully exposed in the day (road side).

When I had installed my blower (accessory), the Bannerghatta Service Centre (Anand cars) fellows forgot to close it up. I didn't notice for months until my daughter pointed out. Bannerghatta Service Centre folks can't locate it. The service folks (Chrome Motors, Mysore Road) guys are saying that the whole set (roof rails) has to be changed. I didn't ask for the cost though.

Folks, advice please.

Attachments

Folks, advice please.
This will not result in any kind of leak but the roof rails without this cover look ungainly and odd. I would suggest you push Anant Cars to ensure that they find the part or order it and fit it.

Further, how much did the roof mounted blower cost you and can you please post a couple of photos of it? Has it improved the cooling?

Firstly, heartiest congratulations on your scorpio, love love this shade it suits the car to the T.Apologies for delayed wishes.Nice introduction part you shared do continue to pen down regularly your ownership experience.
Hows the cooling now after you got the blowers fitted, share the pictures and costs of it.
Have a great ownership and many happy miles.

Thread Starter #38

This will not result in any kind of leak but the roof rails without this cover look ungainly and odd. I would suggest you push Anant Cars to ensure that they find the part or order it and fit it.
Thanks, my primary concern was the roof leak. Very relieved now. Have already asked them. It looks bad enough & its a photo bomb. Waiting for quite a while now though.

Further, how much did the roof mounted blower cost you and can you please post a couple of photos of it? Has it improved the cooling?
Hows the cooling now after you got the blowers fitted, share the pictures and costs of it.
Have a great ownership and many happy miles.
It costed me Rs 9500/-, ordered as accessories. Got fitted it after about 2 months or so, unavailability of the left-side flange. The colour & fitment looks odd for the interior finish. But it is a functional unit. Very helpful too. The 3rd row has airflow now. It really helps especially when it is hot outside. The butterfly windows are of no help. My daughters (each occupy one full seat nowadays) use this every time. They turn 2 fans for 2nd row & another 2 fans for 3rd row. When the 3rd row has 3 adult passengers (shorter ones), it relieves some of the snug fitment/legroom with cool airflow in their faces.

Firstly, heartiest congratulations on your scorpio, love love this shade it suits the car to the T.Apologies for delayed wishes.Nice introduction part you shared do continue to pen down regularly your ownership experience.
Thanks. I would have gone for Red probably. Grey is the choice of the lady. In any case, it grows on you. Never too late, when the owner himself don't how know time went so fast! Its already 10+ months of the Scorpio ownership & 13K+ kms. Will try to pen down the experience regularly.

Attached are few pics clicked today morning. Sorry for the not-so-good-quality.

Attachments

Thanks, my primary concern was the roof leak. Very relieved now. Have already asked them. It looks bad enough & its a photo bomb. Waiting for quite a while now though.

It costed me Rs 9500/-, ordered as accessories. Got fitted it after about 2 months or so, unavailability of the left-side flange. The colour & fitment looks odd for the interior finish. But it is a functional unit. Very helpful too. The 3rd row has airflow now. It really helps especially when it is hot outside. The butterfly windows are of no help. My daughters (each occupy one full seat nowadays) use this every time. They turn 2 fans for 2nd row & another 2 fans for 3rd row. When the 3rd row has 3 adult passengers (shorter ones), it relieves some of the snug fitment/legroom with cool airflow in their faces.

Thanks. I would have gone for Red probably. Grey is the choice of the lady. In any case, it grows on you. Never too late, when the owner himself don't how know time went so fast! Its already 10+ months of the Scorpio ownership & 13K+ kms. Will try to pen down the experience regularly.

Attached are few pics clicked today morning. Sorry for the not-so-good-quality.
How is the performance of second row roof AC? I heard from many owners that SCORPIO & XUV5OO, actually Most of Mahindra vehicles have good AC. It cools down whole SUV in few minutes. So asking this silly question[;)].

Thread Starter #40

How is the performance of second row roof AC? I heard from many owners that SCORPIO & XUV5OO, actually Most of Mahindra vehicles have good AC. It cools down whole SUV in few minutes. So asking this silly question[;)].
Hi, the second row roof-mounted accessory is a blower. Not an A/c unit. It just sucks air from 1st row space to 3rd / 2nd row. It works really well, especially for the 3rd row of passengers. But the cabin takes time to cool down due to its massive size, especially when it is very hot outside.

Aesthetically the unit doesn't fit in at all. But definitely a functional one.

Thread Starter #41

A casual update.

Scorpio is about 1 year 2 months old now. Odo reads 15000+ kms. Daily commute is still the Bullet & overseas business travels (6+ out of 12 months abroad in business visits), hence much less running.

Issues faced/Servicing done/Replacements done/Addons
1. Had opted for roof mounted blower, reversing camera as part of the delivery accessories.
2. 3M mats - Rs 12-13K or so. Expensive. But the entire floor covered in just 4 pieces.
3. Teflon coating, for whatever its worth. Came with the package for cleaning in 3M (Rs 20K per annum)
4. Seat covers changed from fabric to gSport (8.5K). I frankly don't know why they call it Art Leather. To me, it is just mock leather. Had changed it after 1-2 months, by that time 2nd row had a lot of stains.
5. Had a minor accident in the first month itself. Had to replace the front left tire/wheel. Insurance covered except for 2500 or so.
6. 1st service done. Don't remember the bill amount. Tire rotation done, as I had complained of slight left pull (odo around 5K kms). Contemplating another tire rotation at 15K kms on the odo (i.e. now).
7. 2nd service done. Around 9K kms (I was planning a 2K kms drive, didn't materialise though). No major issues faced before/after the service.
8. A brake hose recall under warranty. Done in 2-3 hrs. I had also complained of rattling on 2nd/3rd row of seats, especially when I am tackling bad city roads in 2nd/3rd gear. If you go faster, nothing much rattles though. 2nd row seats were tightened-up. Rattling were zero. After about 2 months, it has come again. I think it is the 3rd row seats now (mine was a 2+3+3 seats edition).
9. Rear lamp assembly replaced. Rs 2.7K in parts / labor. Like an idiot, I reversed into a small bush, only to realize that there was a protruding tree branch well covered in leaves.
10. A driver side car seat bead. I sweat a lot. Now, at least my pants are not soaked when I drive for long hours.

I don't have the practice of checking mileage much. The worst that I have seen on the console is 11-ish & the best was 15-ish. Mostly it hovers between 13-14 kmpl. In my history I have always bought vehicles that are not exactly known for mileage (Yamaha RX135, RE Bullet 500, and now M&M Scorpio)!!

P.S. If someone wants, I can calculate the exact mileage as well. I have preserved every other diesel / service bills.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #42

The car is running 19K+ kms. Have to give for service at 20K. Most probably in April.

Meanwhile, I thought of teasing everyone with the mileage figures displayed on the touch screen!

Attachments

Thread Starter #44

Did a Bnagalore-Pondy-Thanjavur-Bangalore trip, entertaining kids who are having summer holidays. Hence crossed 20K, last week-end.

Update on 20K service done on 12th Apr @ Chrome Motors, Mysore Road.

Complaints/Things done, apart from the normal 20K service (brake check, oil repl, oil filter repl, hvac filter repl, and other checks/inspections):

1. Cabin light replacement. Front driver-side lamp kaput. Don't know why they didn't charge me for the bulb!

2. Steering. Out of the blue, the steering feels a bit harder on longer drives. And the problem goes away on its own, after 10-15kms drive. I couldn't repeat it as well. It doesn't happen always too. No root cause found. They just checked everything & nothing was found. After the service, the steering feels a bit hard, just momentarily for the first 100-200m. Post that 200m, no difference in handling.

3. Suspension. Thought the beast bouncing a bit more. Front & rear suspensions re-torqued. I could feel the difference immediately. Lot more firmer on speed-breakers. Let me see how long this lasts.

4. Refitted the rear vents. The flaps were struck inside (couldn't be moved left or right). Kids keeping their legs on top of the vents, damaged the rear vent flaps.

5. AC is bone-chilling again, post the HVAC filter replacement.

6. Tyre Rotation & left-pulling. The earlier tyre rotation was done around 8.5K. Didn't want to do it at very irregular intervals. Thought it would be better to do it now, rather than to do it never. Post the rotation, I couldn't test it at an open stretch. Will test it in the week-end.

Total damages to pocket is Rs 2776.

Hi It's been more than 2years for casual surfer having been using scorpio s10 .
I am new owner and looking to upgrade the audio head unit of my scorpio s10....Did you so it so far ?

Top Bottom