Figo - Wobbling at Low Speeds

Thread Starter #1
Since few days, I am experiencing Wobbles at low speeds (<20 KMPH). Checked the tyres and have rotated them once as well, but still no luck. Also, I can feel the Road in the steering.

Any idea on this issue?

Figoian, check for alignment and wheel balancing. What do you mean when you say you feel Road in the steering? Do you mean there are vibrations/excessive feedback from steering? Could be because of alignment issue. Did you go for any long drive during last few days? Or did you give the car to someone else to drive?

Thread Starter #3
Figoian, check for alignment and wheel balancing.
Yes. Checked the wheel alignment couple of weeks ago, but not the balancing. However, if I am right, balancing can be an issue at high speeds and not at low speeds.

What do you mean when you say you feel Road in the steering? Do you mean there are vibrations/excessive feedback from steering?
I could feel the rough roads in the steering. Even in concrete roads as well. It used to be earlier too, but only during very rough patches.

Did you go for any long drive during last few days? Or did you give the car to someone else to drive?
Neither of it and the latter is NEVER.[:D]

You should check for a warped disk and brake jamming. Did you witness the balancing being done? Did you check tyres for overfilling?

zengetz

Suspended
Is this only during the first half km or so after a cold start ? When you turn right or left does it feel like you have a flat tyre ?

Thread Starter #6
Did you witness the balancing being done? Did you check tyres for overfilling?
Just did the Wheel Alignment, Balancing was never done. Overfilling? Hope you mean, tyre inflation. That's perfect.

Is this only during the first half km or so after a cold start ? When you turn right or left does it feel like you have a flat tyre ?
Not exactly. I could feel it all the time. Yes. It feels like a flat tyre.

What about tires ? Are they in bad shape? Whats your current mileage ? May be time to change stock tires.

What does service station people say? Check with any local mechanic also. Might be front suspension bushes warn out (actually it should not be)

Thread Starter #8
What about tires ? Are they in bad shape? Whats your current mileage ? May be time to change stock tires.
ODO is just 13K and the tyres are good (inspite of those multiple punctures[:D]). One of the tyres was was replaced a month back. So the new one is just 1K old compared to the other 3. Suspecting that, I moved the new one to rear, but still no luck.

What does service station people say? Check with any local mechanic also. Might be front suspension bushes warn out (actually it should not be)
I am visiting Ford tomorrow. Let's see.[thumbsup]

To me the symptoms look like that of over inflated tires and unbalanced wheels.
Get the tire pressure checked at some pump and not at outlets at road side because these guys who keep their setup at road side usually have tampered or damaged gauges which often leads to incorrect filling.

Thread Starter #10
To me the symptoms look like that of over inflated tires and unbalanced wheels.
Get the tire pressure checked at some pump and not at outlets at road side because these guys who keep their setup at road side usually have tampered or damaged gauges which often leads to incorrect filling.
Thanks Akash. The tyre inflation was checked in my regular IOC Pump and looks alright with OEM recommended 32 (F) & 36 (R). I am as well wondering about the Wheel Balancing. Let me check it with Ford A.S.S tomorrow.

BTW, I never check the air pressure with road side guys. They always over inflate by 10 PSI at least. The way they check with their gauge is the fun to watch. At time they assure us even with odd figures like 32 PSI etc.[lol]

BTW, I never check the air pressure with road side guys. They always over inflate by 10 PSI at least. The way they check with their gauge is the fun to watch. At time they assure us even with odd figures like 32 PSI etc.[lol]
The same happened with me a month back. They inflated tire to 40PSI instead of 30PI. Needless to say, the car was wobbling like hell even on smooth patches[lol].

Also do check if the rims or tyres are out.

Rotate the tyres and check if there is any uneven tyre out.
Recently while a long drive i bumped into the divider of the road which caused my tyres to loose shape and was out.
After this incident i experienced a lot of wobbling of my vehicle. I rotated all the tyres but it still existed.
I showed it to many service centers and they told me that the tyre is out and have to replace the tyres.
After i replaced the tyres the problem is solved. not to mention i also changed my stock steal OEM rims to Alloys.
[thumbsup]

Thread Starter #13
Update: Checked with Ford Dearler and the usual reply "Gaadi tho ek dam normal hai"... Not able to convince him to check it any more. BTW, while taking a test drive, that Service Advisor was talking on his Mobile and he would have hardly checked the issue I am reporting...

Planning to get the Wheel Alignment & Balancing checked with a local shop. Let's see how it works.

Secondly, I have been hearing creaking sound from the Suspensions since a long time and thought to get it checked during next service. This seems to have increased of late. Can that be a problem here? FYI, this issue has been widely reported in Figo and many have got the suspension changed under warranty.

Yes, Surely get the suspension checked and if required replace under warrenty. As it would be costly replacing after the warrenty period is over. The Service Station Advisor will be relentless to accept that there is any problem with the suspension as they would not like to get it replaced under warrenty. So you will have to be on your toes while the problem is addressed.

Thread Starter #15
Update: Got the Wheels balanced and feeling much better now. Will have to run more to conclude the results. Keep you all updated.

Sad part... During the process, one of the Wheel Nuts got jammed and had to be replaced. It happened earlier in another wheel also and have spent about Rs. 600 + more than an hour with Ford to get those changed. This time, I tried it in a local garage as I didn't had time to go to Ford. Spent close to 3 hours and Rs. 800 [frustration].

Lesson: Never again to think of parking your car other than the Authorised Service Centres.

Top Bottom