Figo TDCi - Low FE. Need Suggestions.

Try Cleaning Nozzles/injectors.This may help you out.same was the problem with my classic tdci.it use to give a mileage of 8 (city) 10-12(highway).After cleaning the Nozzles the Workhorse Returned me a mileage of 16(city) 18+(highways)

Thread Starter #317
Try Cleaning Nozzles/injectors.This may help you out.same was the problem with my classic tdci.it use to give a mileage of 8 (city) 10-12(highway).After cleaning the Nozzles the Workhorse Returned me a mileage of 16(city) 18+(highways)
Though it's gotten better later, just curious to know more on your suggestion, maybe for the benefit of all readers.

Can you detail the process you went through? Thanks.

Hi,
I have a 2011 Figo 1.4 TDCi having done 78 K.
Problems are as follows :
1. Engine is loud and rough compared to my friends cars. It quietens somewhat for a few days when I use fuel additive from IOC pump. (I have not tried any other additive).
2. The engine has a very rough idle until it warms up and sometimes shuts down. This is particularly dangerous when you let go of the accelerator to change gears.

Service station guys recommended cleaning the EGR and ECU remapping. Both activities were carried out but the problem remains.

Now they wish to experiment with changing EGR (Rs.22K) and checking / cleaning injectors (Rs.15K). Replacement injectors are also Rs.20K each.

Has anyone of you experienced this particular problem ?

In new cars fuel additive is a bane than a boon.
Stop using additives,fuel tank needs a flushing and then injectors need to be cleaned.

Injector replacement is 15k,cleaning won't be that much.

Thread Starter #320
Hi,
I have a 2011 Figo 1.4 TDCi having done 78 K.
Problems are as follows :
1. Engine is loud and rough compared to my friends cars. It quietens somewhat for a few days when I use fuel additive from IOC pump. (I have not tried any other additive).
2. The engine has a very rough idle until it warms up and sometimes shuts down. This is particularly dangerous when you let go of the accelerator to change gears.

Service station guys recommended cleaning the EGR and ECU remapping. Both activities were carried out but the problem remains.

Now they wish to experiment with changing EGR (Rs.22K) and checking / cleaning injectors (Rs.15K). Replacement injectors are also Rs.20K each.

Has anyone of you experienced this particular problem ?
Rough idling and engine noise can be due to Clogged EGR or Injectors. You ruled out the former already. Better check with centers like Bosch or other reputed service centers on the Injector Cleaning and compare the quotes.

Is 15K for cleaning all Injectors?

Please let me know where did you get it cleaned and how much was the total cost?

In my 2010 Ford FIgo TDCI, engine shuts off at low RPMs or when the car is on idle and AC is on. I suspect it may be due to low fuel pressure. Or could there be any other issue?

Thanks

Top Bottom