Figo Oil + Gas (?) Leak. Urgent Help and Comments Needed

Thread Starter #1
Hi all
my director has a Figo Titanium 2010, which has clocked ~30K. the road to his home is in a very bad shape and the Low GC of Figo causing many body scraping, yesterday it ran into a ditch and got hit very hard.
today he heard a hissing sound when the car again hit a pothole. the sound was like air escaping from tyre. then when he parked the car he noticed some oily green fluid dripping from underneath the car.
Kindly comment and Help.
is it safe to drive?

the only green liquid i have in my figo is the engine oil. the coolant is red in color, as well as the power steering fluid and the brake fluid. the gear oil is transparent yellowish.

i dont think you should start the engine before a thorough checkup. get Ford RoadSide Assistance to tow the vehicle to the nearest Service Center.

i think you boss should think of migrating to a SUV or a 4/4 if the road is that bumpy!
i hear there are great deals on the M550s in the market :D

Ark!

Well i would suggest that your boss should call the Ford Road Side Assistance as the first thing or take the car to local and good mechanic and get it checked.

Now that green oily liquid looks like coolant to me but as suggested by Arkantos it might be engine oil as well. But usually green liquid means coolant.

So he definitely needs to get his car checked before he takes it out of the house.

Thread Starter #5
Thank you guys for all those replies.
Well here is an update.
He got hold of the mechanic this morning. and great news! it is the AC refrigerant. the mechanic said that the hissing sound was that it escaping when the reservoir must have had a bad hit, and the green substance is the leftover.

@vinayan and singh his coolant is kind of violet in colour.

anyway the mechanic told him it is safe to drive but keep the AC switch off. he also gave an estimate of (over the phone) ~4.5K+. is this ok?

@Arkantos we told him that many times. earlier he was using an estilo and it was ok. now the Figo (he went for it because of the Diesel engine). he is 64 yrs old.

since i have not seen the AC refrigerant (i didnt break a pipe yet :) ) it can be any color of the rainbow! :D

for brazing a few pipes and gas charging, 4.5 is too much i suppose. 3 to 3.5 should be alright. but if its Ford Original service then 4.5 to 5 is alright.

64 years old? why does he not engage a driver?

Thread Starter #7
since i have not seen the AC refrigerant (i didnt break a pipe yet :) ) it can be any color of the rainbow! :D

for brazing a few pipes and gas charging, 4.5 is too much i suppose. 3 to 3.5 should be alright. but if its Ford Original service then 4.5 to 5 is alright.

64 years old? why does he not engage a driver?
he took the car to service today and they said that they might be able to return the car on saturday.

He likes to do things himself, that's why no driver.

Thank you guys for all those replies.
Well here is an update.
He got hold of the mechanic this morning. and great news! it is the AC refrigerant. the mechanic said that the hissing sound was that it escaping when the reservoir must have had a bad hit, and the green substance is the leftover.

@vinayan and singh his coolant is kind of violet in colour.

anyway the mechanic told him it is safe to drive but keep the AC switch off. he also gave an estimate of (over the phone) ~4.5K+. is this ok?

@Arkantos we told him that many times. earlier he was using an estilo and it was ok. now the Figo (he went for it because of the Diesel engine). he is 64 yrs old.
Kannan

He could have opted for Ritz. This is also one of the reason for me to go for Ritz as the way to my office is very bad and the villages I visit also have some pathetic roads, but you know Ritz really takes everything very easy and I do not need to bother at all[:)]

Thread Starter #9
Kannan

He could have opted for Ritz. This is also one of the reason for me to go for Ritz as the way to my office is very bad and the villages I visit also have some pathetic roads, but you know Ritz really takes everything very easy and I do not need to bother at all[:)]
he wanted a car with maximum boot, a hatch back. he is not comfortable with sedans. also he has used 2 Marutis, one Daewoo and said that he needed a change and went for the Ford.
moreover he took the decision all of a sudden, for three days he was missing and the next day he arrived in the Titanium!

I had a similar problem with my Polo.
Actually I didn't hit it anywhere but due to the loosening of the fuel pump connections diesel sprinkled and white fumes started to come from bonnet.Luckily it happened when I just parked my car.

Aakash

Top Bottom