Fiesta 1.6 ZXi - 10,000 Kms - 1 Year Ownership Review

Thread Starter #31
Re: Fiesta 1.6 Zxi - 10000 Kms - 1 Year ownership review

Hi all,

Sorry guys. Was not able to update this thread for quiet a while. I think this thread still didn't hold the purpose of why it has been created.

I'll get into the stuff straight away

First 2000 Kms - Initial Drive
Ride and handling:
I Loved the way this beauty handles and dominates on the road. When I took the car from showroom I realized how bad the test driven car was. To be very precise, i found no difference in cruises between this beauty and Palio sport 1.6

You'll never realize that you have reached three digit speed. Cruising at a speed of 160 will give you a feel of going by 120. Even though it has adequate ground clearance, sometimes the bottom kisses the road. Yeah with massive potholes and speed breakers, we have to be a bit cautious. Braking is adequate enough for daily usage and ABS does its job well. A well calibrated i should say.

Wanna press the A pedal? One thing i would say is this beauty will really blow the socks of all others on the road.

Initial likes:
Driving comfort
Stock ICE was very cool unlike others.
Double podded headlamps - I love this in all cars
dimming interior light - not sure if any other make have this.
Slick gearshift
Service center is very nearer from home. 5mins walk. Sounds silly huh

Initial Dislikes:
Questionable fuel efficiency. More juice = less mileage
Seating 3 adults on rear seat - Epic fail
Common thing for this car, you'll have to crouch towards the other side of driver seat to open the hood.

Mileage:
How much will this give?? (Mileage) That's an obvious question pops out of mind. I used to travel 100Km a day. It is from city to suburbs.Morning used to be chill since traffic wont be much. But please don't expect me to tell anything about the evenings.

First day morning, I observed the trip meter and was very satisfied. I got 14.5 with AC. Later the same evening, my lips turned from :) to :(. The traffic was heavy and I got 10. In highways, on a straight run with constant speed, i can comfortably get 14.
Final verdict is after filling tank for the first time, I got an average of 12.

ICE:
Oh man, a good value for money i should say. Never expected such fidelity from a stock. I sounded very satisfactory indeed. A 3.5mm aux input is like adding honey to the milk shake.
Rear mid ranges are 5 inch in dia and delivers 25W of power. Audiophiles please change it.

Interior:
Hmm Beige... Hmm beige!!! That's cool huh. A traditional steering model and the same old round vents doesn't make any difference. Doesn't look much fabulous either. Plastic quality, fit and finish are absolutely fine. Nothing is about to fall. After all, It's time for new fiesta.

Dealer experience:
Nothing much to talk about. Just read the previous posts and you'll come to know how tragical it was. Thanks to MPL.

Heart under the hood:
1.6L does the job very well. Those 4 pots just makes the wonders and cruises away. Another exciting stuff to notice is this car is very light. Kerb weight is as same as Fabia(tough built). Now imagine the power to weight ratio and realize how fast this Goliath is :) Throttle response is amazing. Right from the initial pick-up, response is awesome and you wont even have a pinch of thought about it. Engine remains very silent even after 6000 rpm. Sounds kinda amazing isn't it. I couldn't hear any motor sounds even after reaching the read line 7000 rpm. The gear shifts are better too. Never downshifted gears on inclined road regions. 1st gear is short and after that you can rev up like hell. From 2nd to 5th, gears a quiet long. Have done 180 without any effort in bypass road(my favorite), beyond that i couldn't and never wanted too. Final words here is, engine is a mammoth hmm... nah Its a Goliath on road.

What matters about buying and owning this Goliath???
What could be my final verdict?

Yes don't forget, i have got some more twists with respect to ECU remapping and stuff. OMG wait wait!!! A mail from manager :P

Attachments

Last edited:

Marun: Thanks for the updates. Inspite of the fact that Fiesta has been around for quite sometime, i still love the Fiesta(now Classic).
Buddy add a nice set of wheels and your car would set the roads on fire.

Thanks for updating this thread after a long time Marun. Interiors lights dimming , i think most cars have it now and even my Verna cannot house 3 people for long journeys more than an hour! I think the FE which your getting is justified for this beast!

Please add some interior pictures too , your car looks well maintained! And as Akash said add some alloys , will look killer!

Nice report Marun! I can get a feeling of the 1.6 under the hood after having owned the 1.6 Rocam for quite sometime! These engines are really Cheetahs in Sheep's disguise!

Only if I could have afforded ever increasing Petrol prices, I wouldn't have traded it off!

and btw, why didn't you make it for the meet this time?[confused]

Thread Starter #36

Hi Akash,

Thanks for your suggestion. I have been thinking for some time to put the alloys. Only confusion that conks me off is whether to stay with 14 inches or to up size it. I'll get it clarified in this thread itself. [:)]

Marun: Thanks for the updates. Inspite of the fact that Fiesta has been around for quite sometime, i still love the Fiesta(now Classic).
Buddy add a nice set of wheels and your car would set the roads on fire.

Yeah dude, quiet a long time indeed. Yeah, for long journeys its hard to have 3 pals on rear seat. Will add more pictures soon. We shall discuss about the alloy stuff when we meet coming Sunday in AUTO expo. [:)]
Thanks for updating this thread after a long time Marun. Interiors lights dimming , i think most cars have it now and even my Verna cannot house 3 people for long journeys more than an hour! I think the FE which your getting is justified for this beast!

Please add some interior pictures too , your car looks well maintained! And as Akash said add some alloys , will look killer!

Hi Raj,
Thanks for your comments.
You have written the review in a wonderful way. Had a nice time reading it.

Nice to know that you owned Rocam stuff dude.
I am also having some concerns now regarding sky rocketing petrol prices.
Even I may think of trading if prices continues to raise like this. [anger]

Got some engagement to attend. So i couldn't make it buddy. Anyway i'll be heading to auto expo coming Sunday. Hope that does the compensation. [;)]
Nice report Marun! I can get a feeling of the 1.6 under the hood after having owned the 1.6 Rocam for quite sometime! These engines are really Cheetahs in Sheep's disguise!

Only if I could have afforded ever increasing Petrol prices, I wouldn't have traded it off!

and btw, why didn't you make it for the meet this time?[confused]

Honestly speaking, even with so many sedan options in the market, Ford Fiesta is one car which has a permanent position in my heart. I had plans to geet the 1.6L mill sometime back, but looking at the ever increasing petrol prices, i feel 1.4L would be a good bet to settle down for now.

PS: Marun, do post some more pics of your rides, especially of the interior.

Thread Starter #38

Alright!!!

Time to tell you all more. This beast has also faced a very bad time.

After 2000kms, an uncool incident happened.

My mom and dad headed to Tirupati to attend a marriage function. Dad arranged a driver as I was out of station.

This is how the conversation happened:

Dad: I and mom are heading to Tirupati for a marriage function and i am arranging a driver (That driver is working in a travel agency near my father's work place)

Me: What??? Who is going to drive??? (I kind of felt uneasy to let someone else take my seat)

Dad: Is that fine?

Me: Hmm... (I accepted promptly as no other option was there)

Marriage functions as u all know used to happen early morning. Mom and dad started early morning 4 AM from home.

January 14, 2010 - Bad day I can say. Exactly at 5 AM, that stupid driver dozed off near Red hills (NH - 5 Kolkata highway)

What else??? :( The car moved towards left and a poor spark was parked on the extreme left near the fences was the victim.

My beauty just banged the spark at the speed of 100Kmph. Mom and dad escaped without any injuries. Luckily there were no one in the spark. Thanked god for that.

Driver also escaped without any bruises. Soon after the bang, driver stopped the car and People around surrounded. FIR was filed instantly and later while enquiring he accepted that he had 2 bottles of beer.

Damages to my beauty:
Left fender
Front bumper
Left head light pods (Bulb and fog lamps survived)
Scratches in the bonnet. Needed a repaint.

Sparky unfortunately declared as totalled since, the impact was till the dash right from the rear.

February 23, 2010 - Beauty came home back. Total damages were estimated as 35K and i claimed insurance.
So paid around 15K and brought her home. Insurance agents refused to tell how much they helped that spark guy. They took some pictures and refused to share that as well. I'll post the detailed price list of spare parts later. Feeling so sad....

AMG

Suspended

I never realized that the Fiesta was so well built.

The Spark always felt flimsy to me, but still, this is too much.

@ Chevy
Do you make cars out of Aluminium foil?

@ Chevy
Spark is actually very flimsy. You hit hard on the bonnet and the dent is made. I am surprised though, as Spark is supposed to be a successor to Matiz. It was made from a thick sheet and was very sturdy.

I had owned one for around 5 years and it always felt solid.

@ Marun - nicely written review and bad luck on the accident. Happy that everyone was safe.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #41

Hi Akash,

Feeling very nice thinking how you loved Fiesta.
When I bought this beauty, petrol was 50 bucks/litre. Now its 67 darn bucks dude. Just imagine I hardly get 15 litres for 1000 Rupees.
1.4L? you mean the diesel? Even I feel the same. Especially the one which has turbo chargers kicks in. No lags!!! No worries about the mileage and driving pleasure. [:)]

Sure dude. I'll post more pics very soon. Will snap some interiors tonight. [:)]

Honestly speaking, even with so many sedan options in the market, Ford Fiesta is one car which has a permanent position in my heart. I had plans to geet the 1.6L mill sometime back, but looking at the ever increasing petrol prices, i feel 1.4L would be a good bet to settle down for now.

PS: Marun, do post some more pics of your rides, especially of the interior.

Oh sad to hear about the incident bro! That is why i never let anybody else to drive my car! Well Spark , my friend has one and i know how flimsy it is!

Thread Starter #43

A small update I wanted to pour in this night time!!!
I managed to get the price list of accessories for fiesta.I just wanted to share them with you all.

For 3M sun films:
They used to demand 6600 bucks.
This includes 5000 for the sun film and 1000 bucks for labor.
Please don't forget the VAT 10%

Well I think I'll jump in to the well.
Wheel cap : 830.00
Mud flaps : 280.00

Another hilarious thing is steel rims are cheaper than the plastic wheel covers
Steel rim 5.5J X 14: 640.00

Front fender : 3120.00
Door: 8600.00
Front Headlamp : 3700.00 (effect of double pods)

Fog lamp set: 850.00
OVRM : 2700.00 (electric adjustable)
Hood: 7500.00
Front bumper : 3500.00
Radiator Grille: 1600.00
Mesh available in front: 5000.00
Bonnet : whooping 25000.00
Rea bumper 4250.00

Nuts and bolts... yeah we'll become nuts
Each nut costs 30 bucks irrespective of its thread and size.

I think i have covered all the exterior stuffs. Didn't get a chance to get the prices of interior spares. Will get it and post it soon. :)

Yeah last but not the least:
Ford logo - 100 bucks
Fiesta badge - 100 bucks

Will share more info about service charges later.
And yes, about the remaps I'll update you all soon. I started hitting my keys with forehead now.

Thread Starter #44

Dude, Unfortunately I couldn't get the pictures of that spark.
That insurance fellow just showed me the pics he took. I almost got shocked.
Foil is fine with doors or any exteriors. What would you say about the pillars?

@ Chevy
Hi Traveller,
No injuries to anyone. Thank god. I also observed that B-pillar completely went into two pieces. Check the rectangle in pic buddy. [anger]
The rear right side wheel of spark ran away a meter apart [anger]

Spark is actually very flimsy. You hit hard on the bonnet and the dent is made. I am surprised though, as Spark is supposed to be a successor to Matiz. It was made from a thick sheet and was very sturdy.

I had owned one for around 5 years and it always felt solid.

@ Marun - nicely written review and bad luck on the accident. Happy that everyone was safe.

After that incident, I never let anyone touch my beauty dude. [glasses]
Oh sad to hear about the incident bro! That is why i never let anybody else to drive my car! Well Spark , my friend has one and i know how flimsy it is!

Attachments

Whoa man the spares are way too costly! I still remember the bonnet for my Verna costs only Rs.4.5k including painting! Front bumper costs for me also the same but your ORVM'S are cheaper compared to mine , mine manually adjustable costs Rs.2200 bucks i think![frustration]

Top Bottom