Fiesta 1.6 ZXi - 10,000 Kms - 1 Year Ownership Review

Thread Starter #16
Re: Fiesta 1.6 Zxi - 10000 Kms - 1 Year ownership review

The hunt for second hand car came to an end!!!

July 20, 2009, Dad came to me and said, “Son, I am in a middle of some work. You go ahead and book one.”

At last, my wait is over!!! Ohh nooo!!! Yet an other confusion raised.

Dad: Is that going to be petrol or diesel?
Me: Obviously DIESEL!!!!
Dad: What??? We won’t use much. It’ll hardly run 1000KM per month. For us diesel won’t be a best choice. (Common mentality)
Me: Petrol won’t be economic!!! Diesel engines are refined now. Why cant we get diesel then??
Dad: Diesel will screw your pocket for sure.

This conversation continued and the dilemma still remained between diesel and petrol heart.

July 25, 2009, Chennai Ford showroom, met a dealer named Ram Kumar. (Just dial 95000 11***!!! Yeah that’s their CUG number series)
I got estimation for fusion versions.
Ford Fusion petrol: 684000
Ford Fusion Plus petrol: 728000
Ford Fusion Diesel: 733000
Ford Fusion Diesel Plus: 776000

July 26, 2009, In Chevy showroom enquiring about Optra SRV. The conversation turned a bit sad.

Dealer: Please come in saar!!!
Me: Optra????
Dealer: Yes sir!!! We have vehicles for TD.
(After some time, we got Chevy Optra sedan for TD)
Me: I need to TD Optra SRV!!!
Dealer: Errr…. Sorry saar!!! We don’t have TD vehicle now. I can arrange you soon.
Me: Alright. I’ll wait for your call.
2 days later, I got a call from the same dealer
Dealer: Hello!!!
Me: Please tell me!!!
Dealer: Sorry saar! We can’t arrange you TD the vehicle you asked for.
Me: What??? (Headache started instantly!!!)
Dealer: You can book it if you want. Again I am not sure. The car may be discontinued anytime.
Me:… (Remained Silent. In a different state and couldn’t think of anthing)
Me: Alright, I’ll let you know (Conversation came to an end)!!!

Then what happened???
August 3, 2009, I booked Ford Fusion plus petrol in Chennai ford. (Morello, u know!!!) Quiet confusing huh!!! How come I got fiesta???

You went through a lot of confusion to decide your car, but thats the best part of this deciding period.
BTW how about uploading a teaser pic of your Fiesta.

Thread Starter #18

It’d been a week since I booked Fusion. Didn’t get any call from the dealer.
At last I broke the silence and called them up.

Never thought that I am about to get a blow. We all knew that fusion was counting last days at that moment. Now you might have guessed.

Me: Hello… Is this Ram?
Dealer: Yes sir.
Me: I booked a Fusion + petrol a week back. Can you please tell me how long would it take?
(The worst thing is waiting in call for 10mins)
After 10 mins….
Dealer: Sir!!! I checked your order. It may take another 20 days to get your car.
Me: Ok fine!!! (How will I pass 20 more days?? My mind questioned me!!!)

August 25, 2009, the day I was waiting for. So much of dreams!!! I always think of going for a long hilly ride in the dark. I thought that moment was coming very close.
Dad completed his work and we all were waited for the call from dealer.

What else could happen!!! No calls. The wait extended for a week more that what he said (20 days). At last, a call came from dealer.

This is what I had after a long wait.
Dealer: Sir, this is manager from Chennai ford.
Me: Yeah please tell me (Imagine the tone I must have had in my voice. Quiet excited)
Dealer: We are sorry to say that the petrol version of Fusion has been discontinued.
Me: Whaaat??? (What the hell man!!! Why is this happening to me!!! So many discontinuations)
Dealer: Can you please come over so that we can talk?
Me: Alright. I am coming.

The very next day, I went with my dad. We shouted a lot. My dad questioned them a lot.

Dealer: Sorry sir. Model is discontinued. (With a low tone)
Dad: Why the hell did you do the booking formalities then??
Dealer: Sorry sir. Some miscommunication happened. You can always take diesel sir.
(My father left the place with frustration.)

After a long wait, Things turned awkward. Dad wanted me to cancel the order so that we can look for something else.

August 31, 2009, I went to Chennai ford and cancelled the order.
No options left in my hand for wagons at the end of day. With so much of frustration and depression I left the showroom.

I remember about sedans my father was telling. Again a bulb glow??? Yeah. I started hunting for sedans. Just left with 4 options.
1. Verna
2. Fiesta
3. Chevy Aveo
4. Linea

So much twists and turns in your car purchase! BTW why are you so much interested in wagons?

Thread Starter #20

What else will I do? TD the entire wheels one after the other.

September 6, 2009
Verna: (show room near ekkatuthangal, Chennai. I am specifying the exact location just for Chennai folks). Fine morning it was. I was with my friend and we tried 1.6 SX VTVT version. I loved the handling and ride quality. The pick up was awesome. The car I TD’ed had already run some 15K KM. Still the performance was exceptional. I got 20K as corporate discount. The OTR price came up to 8.0L. I wanted to check the other options available.

Aveo: (same location, just before Hyundai showroom).
Not an exciting entry it was. Dealer didn’t even have a TD vehicle with them. I wanted to TD 1.6 LT version. They said they can arrange only 1.4 LT. That’s so bad. As expected, nothing special like Verna. Neither me, nor my friend were interested in it. We wanted to have a look at Linea. It was new that time, we didn’t have any idea about. The OTR price they quoted was 8.5L. Corporate discount wasn’t that much.

Same day afternoon (Month of September, sun still blessed us. Chennai’s special)
Mount road. Fiat dealer (Just before LIC). I had a look at Linea. I just simply loved the car. It looked amazing. The interiors were also above the mark. We TD’ed Emotion petrol version. Somehow I didn’t feel satisfied with the way it handled. Quiet dissatisfied to say more precise. I thought of ending the hunt with Verna.
However, Ford dealer (MPL, Chennai) were very close to Fiat. Alright, that’s the last thing I have in my list. We headed to MPL ford in nandanam.

It’s almost evening time. (4:00 PM)
We got a warm welcome. The Dealership gesture was awesome. I felt quiet reluctant to enter into ford showroom. When I was waiting for TD vehicle, I got a chance to see a Morello colored fiesta standing outside the showroom and told my friend that the color is genuine and awesome. At last, we got 1.6 ZXI version to TD. It was Sunday and there were no much traffic. We got a chance to make many cuts, U turns. I was really amazed by the way car handled. Initial pick up, beige interiors happened to be an additional twist in my decision. I loved it. After the TD, I thought I’ll better book this. To my surprise, corporate discount was way too good. I thought of booking 1.6 ZXI. The OTR price was 7.52L.
You know how much I got as discount??? 65K!!!
Loved this car, and the color they had, with such a nice discount. All put together, estimation came up to 6.9L.

September 16, 2009
Went with my friend and father and booked 1.6 ZXI with ABS option. They said it’ll take 20 days to get the car ready. I said ok and left the place with full of joy.

The confusions happened during the delivery time, the ECU remaps I have done are left. Watch out!!! muhahahahaa

Thread Starter #21

Sure dude. I'll post the pictures soon.
You went through a lot of confusion to decide your car, but thats the best part of this deciding period.
BTW how about uploading a teaser pic of your Fiesta.

I always loved wagons dude. The way they look and space they have have attracted me. [:)]
So much twists and turns in your car purchase! BTW why are you so much interested in wagons?
Hehee... We'll discuss this offline. [;)]
Ha ha man you have good writing skills!
And what a great dad you have , he is accepting all your proposals instantly!

I am glad to hear that you loved Verna! TD the CRDI mill you will love it even more!

And OMG what!! Even more twists is it!!

Thread Starter #23

Turning back and thinking the days I had spent to choose a car. At last, things settled down. 20 days of wait again huh!!! I wished this could me my last wait.

October 10, 2009
It was almost 25 days from the day of booking. No calls from the dealer side. I was eagerly waiting to know about the status of my booking. At last, Ice break happened. I got a call from dealer saying that my car is ready.

Dealer: Hello sir!!! You have booked a fiesta 3 weeks back. The car is ready.
Me: Oh… (No other word!!! Was very excited)
Dealer: When you can come sir so that we can look after the remaining formalities (Hmmm yeah I wanted to avail Loan)
Me: I’ll come tomorrow and see the formalities
Dealer: Thanks sir!!!

The very next day, I and my friend headed to showroom. Sales representative and HDFC fellow were waiting for me. There another crooked stuff was noted. Here goes the conversation.

Dealer: Hello sir!!! Bank pals are waiting for you.
Me: … (With a calm smile, thinking how long these formalities will take)
Banker: Hello sir. I am so and so… (Introductions went that way)
Me: Alright!!! Here are the docs you wanted. Hope everything is fine. Please tell me what is the interest rate? (Had a plan of negotiation)
Banker: Sir!!! HDFC is offering you hassle free loan process. We are offering at the rate of 11%

After a long negotiation, he accepted for 10% interest rate. There came the blow. What a false statement it was!!!

Banker: Sir!!! You are not allowed to make part payments. If you want to close loan early, you may have to pay the remaining due what ever remaining.
Me: Whaaat??? (It sounded something fishy. What these people are trying to do)
Me: Alright… Let me take a day and I’ll come back to you. (Instantly I called a HDFC rep and did a cross verification)

I came to know banker tried to fool me by passing false statements. Didn’t want to disclose the whole thing and make a mess there.

Very next day, I remained silent and completed all the loan formalities. I am happy that part payment is allowed and these guys tried to fool me. I went through the entire papers before signing. All the loan formalities were done. I told dealer that I’ll take the car after some days once the loan processing is over.

October 16, 2009
Check the calendar; it was a day before Diwali. I was very much excited and my thoughts were around the car. After so much of confusions and troubles I started from home exactly at 3 PM to take the car.
It’s not over yet pals. Another mess was waiting there in the showroom!!! :(

Thread Starter #24

Buddy, Verna was awesome. Didn't get a chance to drive CRDI stuff. I have seen many on road just crosses like a flash. [evil]

The twist has just begun... so many you know. [cry]
Hope i am not dragging this thread too much.

I am glad to hear that you loved Verna! TD the CRDI mill you will love it even more!

And OMG what!! Even more twists is it!!
@ pals: Anybody faced this false statements in loan so far????

Still some twists remaining is it??!! OMG!! I think i should be thankful to Concorde motors then after reading your case , i never faced any twist or difficulty throughout the entire purchase! Our loan process was also very simple and got sanctioned in few days.

Thread Starter #28

Alright!!!
It’s time to take car home. We reached showroom by 4PM in the evening. There were so many fiestas parked in front. My eyes keyed particularly for Morello colored one.
There were 3 of such parked. Out of those, one was diesel.

At last I saw my dream car. Yeah!!! My name was written in a cardboard and placed on car’s dashboard. Imagine the mind set and excitation I might have had at that time. Then we went inside the showroom to get the papers. Checked everything thing and kept it inside a file. They gave me mango juice. Yuck!!! It tasted quiet bad u know.

It’s time to have a check. A thorough inspection we carried over. There came some hassles. Here it goes!!!

Me: Sir!!!! (Called the sales person politely)
Dealer: Yeah Saar, please tell me.
Me: ZXI comes with chrome finished head lamps right???
Dealer: Yeah Saar, you are right.
Me: EXI comes with normal finished head lamps right??
Dealer: Yeah Saar.
Me: Look at mine!!! On side the head lights are chrome finished and the other side is having the normal finished ones!!! (Imagine what a mistake it is!!!)

A huge car manufacturer had done a lousy mistake with headlamps. EXI variant headlamp in one side and ZXI variant on the other end. Now I was in a terrible state. I thought what else are remaining like this???? After everybody in the showroom checked headlight collapse, all showed same reaction. What else it could be? Speechless!!!

A chief called the GM of MPL ford immediately. Thank god!!! He was near the showroom. He managed to come there in 20 Min. He saw the headlights and came to me.

GM: Sir!!! We are really very sorry.
Me: You pals ran out of stock when fixing lights or what??? How come mismatch in headlights?
GM: Even I don’t know how this happened. We generally do a QA (Quality assurance) and there is where we check all this. Some how if missed all the checks and came.
Me: What shall I do now? Can you suggest me some solution.
GM: You don’t worry sir!!! Please check it again and take the car now. I’ll send you new lights for replacement day after tomorrow as tomorrow is Diwali( It’s holiday).
Me: Where do I have to get it replaced?
GM: You need not worry about it sir. I’ll send guy to your home. He’ll come there and fix it up.

We did all the checks and nothing looked fishy after that. Let the showroom and headed directly to temple. Still I had a small thought in a corner of my mind about this headlight.
In excitement, I forgot to take the camera. Got a mobile cam and took some snaps from it. Please adjust the image quality. I’ll post awesome snaps tomorrow as I promised. [:)]

Attachments

How can a reputed manufacturer like Ford make such glaring mistakes! For what they have the quality checks then?

Do you have pictures of both the headlamps together?

Thread Starter #30

Unfortunately, I don't have the pics of headlamps together dude.

They came home replaced the headlamps the very next day. [:)]

Top Bottom