Fiesta 1.6 ZXi - 10,000 Kms - 1 Year Ownership Review

350Z

Core Team
One more thing i wanted to check with you pals are i am getting some solid bubbles on my bonnet. What are those? Sign of age???
Thanks for updating this thread, Marun. The bubbles could be due to something acidic (bird droppings?) falling on hood and left uncleaned. Please get it checked soon.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #62
Alright, Its time to bump this thread. I have got couple of shocks. Guys i really need some help from you guys.

Yesterday when i started to cover the thunderbird launch, i have two bad moments.
The pic will tell you very clearly. [frustration]

Tyre got punctured. So i was fixing the spare and found some rust. Do i have to worry about this???

Look at the second pic.... Pains [cry] Fortunately all the connections are intact. Tiny maniac just used my car battery to sh*t and stay inside the bonnet. I have kept couple of traps and naphthalene balls. Anything else please??? [anger]

Attachments

Thread Starter #63
Update: couple of culprits are out now. Traps have done their jobs pretty well. Guys anything else i can do to avoid this???

350Z

Core Team
Tyre got punctured. So i was fixing the spare and found some rust. Do i have to worry about this?
No worries. This much amount of rust is normal on disc brakes as they are made of cast iron.

Look at the second pic...have kept couple of traps and naphthalene balls. Anything else please??
This link has a few useful solutions. I hope one of them should work for you (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...322-how-prevent-rats-entering-inside-car.html).

Drive Safe,
350Z

A workshop guy suggested me to get painting on the rust part. Actually my new fiesta had the rust on the same place on both sides and I got it painted in Red to get sporty look. It works fine and looks good too :)

Thread Starter #67
Hi Vibhor,
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try putting tobacco under the bonnet. Hope that will help.

rnharish,
Thanks for the info dude. I'll check in the workshop [:)]

Thread Starter #68
Hi Guys,

Thanks a lot for your help. It really works!!!

Just bought some tobacco and spread-ed it under the bonnet. Its not having any signs of rats now.... Viola happy!!! :)

Also bought these from online. Having one mobile idle and planning to fix it in car.
Thanks to mastersquall for suggestions.

OBDII Bluetooth Car Diagnostic Cable - Black + Blue + Orange (DC 12V) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

Dash Genie In Car Holder v2 :: MobileFun India

Need your suggestions here guys. I have charger and 3.5mm headphone cable to connect the phone. Shall i get the wires under beneath the dash? Or shall i let it hang in front?

I just installed torgue pro android application in mobile. Now waiting for OBD scanner.

350Z

Core Team
Need your suggestions here guys. I have charger and 3.5mm headphone cable to connect the phone. Shall i get the wires under beneath the dash? Or shall i let it hang in front?
Congrats Marun. How would you get the wires from beneath the dashboard? I’m using Garmin GPS and have left the cord as it is.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #71
Hi Mastersquall,

I am planning to keep the mobile all time inside the car as i don't use it. So thought of doing it. I guess it involves a huge work. isn't it? Anyway will let the wires hang. [:)]

I would say let it hang when not using put it in box simple unless you planning to use every say then its different thing

Thanks 350Z,
All credits goes to mastersquall. The items will come most probably in week's time. So eagerly waiting for it. Hope it will turn out well.

BTW I thought of fixing it permanently on the dash where you have kept sai baba pic. Now planning to drop that idea and let the wires hang in front. I guess proper cable management will do good.

Congrats Marun. How would you get the wires from beneath the dashboard? I’m using Garmin GPS and have left the cord as it is.

Drive Safe,
350Z
I am also planning to buy one good foot pump and pressure guage!! Can anyone suggest me?

Thread Starter #72
Hi all,

OBD bluetooth adapter came only on Saturday. I just tried it once and it works like charm.
Will upload the screens soon.

I am somehow not satisfied with the cradle that i got for mobile. Need to go for couple of drives to check its stability. Will share the pics once I fix it properly.

Thanks to Mastersqall once again for the suggestions. [:)]

Top Bottom