Fiat To Re-Power Punto Evo and Avventura

Thread Starter #1
Fiat Punto Evo, Avventura to get T-Jet power.
0_468_700_http___172_17_115_180_82_ExtraImages_20150122065019_t_Jetmain.jpg
Fiat to widen 113bhp T-Jet range of cars in India with Punto and Avventura T-Jet models.
Fiat will launch powerful versions of the Punto Evo and Avventura in the first half of this year. Both cars will get the 113bhp, 1.4-litre turbocharged petrol motor from the Linea T-jet.

Source:ACI

Last edited:
Re: Fiat to repower Punto Evo, Avventura - Hottest hatch coming

Welcome move.
But they need more and more products in their line up and be in news(preferably premium cars). Thats the only way, they can win back customer's confident(apart from an improved ASS).

Finally Fiat has listened to enthusiasts prayers. This will be one hot hatch and this engine will be able to match the very heavy Punto. Now, it has to be seen how the market wakes up to this combination and how much this will increase Punto's sales.

I don't think Fiat can sell these cars. Till date I haven't spotted any aventura on road. Wondering what would be the sales strategy of fiat dealers[thinking]

Something smell fishy here. I don't comment about the news, but image posted with T-Jet badge. The same reg number is available in Punto Evo 90 journalist drive cars

Attachments

@mr boss Precise observation but this is something fiat should have done four years back.

Thank God Fiat don't / won't introduce such a powerful engine in Active variant which doesn't come with ABS.
this is something fiat should have done four years back.
Valid point, but more valid statement is Fiat failed to understand they couldn't sustain in market with only 2 models for past 7 years, though both those cars were excellent products.

This news brings a wide grin on my face. The enthusiast in me is hoping around in joy The GT TSI opened the market for hot hatch and FIAT has followed suit. I wonder what made Fiat wait so long, more so when they had the car and the engine ready. With 113 bhp and about 200 NM of torque, it will be a real hot hatch. FIAT can have the price advantage over VW because of MT. Punto Tjet should retail @ 7.2 to 7.5 lacs ex showroom. Hope the TD cars will be made available in the showrooms. Didn't find the TD vehicles for GT TSI and TDI in VW Mount Road showroom.

Something finally arrives to quench the thirst of enthusiasts. I love this beast. Finally a product without compromise. It's built stronger than a Volkswagen with a lot of power, driving dynamics and stopping power with disc brakes on all 4 wheels. And Fiat cars are very reliable too.

Last edited:
I think they should differentiate it from the regular punto. Oh God remove all that chrome.Not that it looks bad but takes away the understated elegance of an Italian car. The aventura to me was a poor marketing decision and the decision to create a separate style for India.Whoever told fiat Indians love chrome should be given one on his head.

So all that chrome could be used for better stocking of spare partsnoI don't own a fiat. This is based on difficulties faced by owners. Maybe situation has changed. I hope so. What's wrong with the current 2015 European punto. I think it looks good, why spend money where you dint have to. Fiat you are on the right track, dont follow the herd. Your European cars are good enough, just increased ground clearance and strong AC which you have sorted out anyway. Thats all we need.

Regarding Aventura. I am of the view Nagesh, the former GM was swayed by the Etios cross.The etios cross clicked because people wanted to buy the reliability of a Toyota but just couldn't digest the etios looks. Understand your customer base FiatI have driven the evo. Nothing, nothing even comes close to that steering and the vault like build, it should sell beats me.

Last edited by a moderator:
The current European punto for your reference. I understand looks are subjective, but Fiat themselves seems to have realised their mistake of overstyling the earlier European pinto and have toned it down. Even the linea facelift in Brazil is toned down, it looks utterly gorgeous (sigh). Thank you mod for the edit.Since I am fairly new to the forum, jus getting the hang of it.

Attachments

NDTV updated this today
Powering this performance-oriented version of the car will be a 1.4-litre T-Jet turbocharged petrol unit that will churn out a whooping 135bhp of power. The same engine will also do duty on the Abarth Avventura. Just so you know, the regular Punto Evo models come with three engine options - 1.2-litre and 1.4-litre naturally-aspirated petrol units and a 1.3-litre multijet diesel unit.
Fiat Punto's 135bhp 'Abarth' Model Might Be Launched This Year - News

Thread Starter #15
Fiat will introducing the Punto and Avventura with 133bhp 1.4-litre T-Jet engines, but it will be with the Abarth badge.

The Punto Evo and the Avventura will be launched in the next six months.

In other developed markets, Punto is sold with this engine with a Fiat badge, however it is India that will get it with Abarth badging.

Abarth Punto and Avventura coming in the next six months - MotorOctane

Top Bottom