Fiat Punto's Clutch Break Down

Thread Starter #1
hey again

so today evening like everyday i was on ride to friends house . i was crossing some speed breakers when suddenly a little sound came and i was unable to put my car in gear i was shocked i had pressed the clutch full but was unable to put my car in any gear suddenly i noticed the clutch didnt come back i was shocked initially but due to previous many many and many bad experiences i was cool stopped the car at road side nobody was injured during this process . [:)]

got out, unable to figure out called my brother and friends then arranged for a mechanic . it was 7.30 and sunday the tata workshop had closed though i had the private number of the workshop manager called him and asked him of assistance he gave me somebodies number who didnt pick up his phone so after a few minutes my brother arranged for a mechanic who could repair fiat ( its a bliss to find a good one in the land of marutis) [:D]

hmm it was 8 already the mechanic checked and said clutch cylender broke but could be fixed so bought a new cylender some brake oil after half more hour he fixed the car runs fine now . i hope doesnt troubles me again (fingers crossed) .

yeah the money

cylender - 2300
oil- 70
labour -400
snacks to friends 200 [lol]

Re: puntos clutch breakdown

oh thats sad to know man

how does that happen ?

Is there a reason why it happend? Are you bad at driving manual car?
pushing a clutch harder?

or is it something like a manufacture fault

hmm it was 8 already the mechanic checked and said clutch cylender broke but could be fixed so bought a new cylender some brake oil after half more hour he fixed the car runs fine now . i hope doesnt troubles me again (fingers crossed) .
I hope you missed the famous plastic CSC issue of punto where they were proactively upgrading it to steel ones.I Think you should take some pictures of your incidents and escalate it to higher officials .

Re: puntos clutch breakdown

I am planning to buy punto
And you are crushing my plans...[cry]

BTW your punto looks awesome with that gril mod.
Reason ??
With this incident you can't relate to all punto cars to be like that, go ahead with your plans all the best.

Hey, as far as I remember, your's is a pre-2011 car right?

If yes, Puntos of your make should have had a free replacement of the clutch cylinder. YES, it is a known issue in Puntos. The older cylinder was prone to break and hence FIAT offers free replacement. Demand FIAT for the same.

Thread Starter #7
Hey, as far as I remember, your's is a pre-2011 car right?

If yes, Puntos of your make should have had a free replacement of the clutch cylinder. YES, it is a known issue in Puntos. The older cylinder was prone to break and hence FIAT offers free replacement. Demand FIAT for the same.
what ?? i had no knowledge of this . will contact the workshop today .
yeah even the mechanic told me that its a plastic part and it has huge pressure on it . he said its not due to driving just wear and tear as each thing has its life span .
you should not drop your plan to buy punto just because of this ,as others say i suppose fiat has already replaced this falty part .

thanx

Thread Starter #9
BTW your punto looks awesome with that gril mod.
Reason ??
Thanx
I hope you missed the famous plastic CSC issue of punto where they were proactively upgrading it to steel ones.I Think you should take some pictures of your incidents and escalate it to higher officials .
WELL I WENT TO THE workshop they say its still the plastic part no steel part
Ahhh ! that is really sad to note that such issue happened to your car. What happened to Fiat's road side assistence they offer for 50 months [anger].
Isnt that for highways only? I dont think i would have got any responce from them . I dint dial that number

Came back from tata workshop they said the part would have only be chaged if it faulted but since i got it changed on the spot so nothing can be done now

Top Bottom