Fiat Punto MJD BNW - Experience

Thread Starter #46
Update: It's almost four months now, and she has covered 2900kms, which I feel is pretty low compared to the diesel heads here. Anyways, I feel that the engine has opened up, and now the engine, gear shift and clutch is butter smooth. I had a few niggles in the beginning, which are pretty much resolved. I have achieved a top speed of 95km/hr rill now, and the longest ride I have gone for is a 150km trip. Driving is totally effortless and comfortable. The only worry for me at times is the rear visibility. I haven't installed sensors, in fact, no accessories apart from the free one's that I got.

About the FE figures, since I stick on to the city 75% of the time, the city mileage is around 14km/l and for the the highway strides, I get 17-18 km/l.

I have no choice but to park her outside my office on weekdays, where she has to go through the steaming hot sun or the hide and seek played by the Kerala monsoon. I clean her up every Saturday, and frankly is such a herculean task, and it takes 1 - 1.5 hrs for the process, but the glistening appearance is totally worth the effort.

Here's a pic when I took her to my native.

Attachments

Good to know that you are enjoying the ride buddy! I recommend you to get the reverse parking sensors if not other accessories. Its really helpful while reversing in the dark especially. Didnt the showroom guy give this as free accessory??

Thread Starter #48
Good to know that you are enjoying the ride buddy! I recommend you to get the reverse parking sensors if not other accessories. Its really helpful while reversing in the dark especially. Didnt the showroom guy give this as free accessory??
Yes buddy, I got it. But, I rejected it, and got cash discount for it, because I did not like the one's they had.

Thread Starter #49
Hey guys,

I have given my car for the first service today, and apart from the normal service they asked me whether these things are to be done or not:

1) 3m underbody coat with 5 year warranty - 2000Rs
2) Car exterior polishing - 950 rs
3) Some windshield view enhancer kinda thing - 100rs
4) Wheel balancing - 300 Rs (They will do the alignment as part of the free service)

Punto owners,Please suggest which all are necessary!
Thanks,

I dont think you need any additional coating on body it already has one stock.

Windshield view enhancer sounds like snake oil.

get the wheel alignment done outside, third parties do it better than Tass always.

Thread Starter #51
I dont think you need any additional coating on body it already has one stock.

Windshield view enhancer sounds like snake oil.

get the wheel alignment done outside, third parties do it better than Tass always.
TASS guy said the stock coating would last only for an year or so. So doing this would be better. Is he trying to make a fool out of me?

TASS guy said the stock coating would last only for an year or so. So doing this would be better. Is he trying to make a fool out of me?
It means that is all about fiat's paint quality .
You should put a complaint against the manufacture for providing poor quality paint which lasts only one year. It is sure a subject of concern.

Btw in my knowledge stock paints are of highest standard, they will last for decades. Only if you are scared of mild scratches and abbrassions you should go for coatings. But those those scratchest and marks exaggerates the repairing burden in case u had to go for paint job.

Dont fall for them. The only thing if at all you want get 3M under body coating done. Thats also you could get it done from 3M care center.

And for polishing get the wax and do it by yourself if you have time. Bottle costs not more than Rs.700-800. Plus you can do it many time..

Last edited:
I am sorry I did not see the "underbody" , I read "body"coating ; the paint.
my bad I am still on mobile and this dreaded font wraps !

As said by dharmesh you can go ahead with underbody coating .check that competitent person from 3m comes to do it.
it would be a good idea considering wild climate of our country.
i got it done too.

Thread Starter #55
Hey guys,

I got my 1st service done last month from Concorde motors, Cochin. My Punto was 6 months old, and she had just done 4k kms. I was attended by Mr Sreehari, and I should say, he listened to all my problems/queries and noted it down carefully. He enquired whether 3m underbody coat for 2k , entire body polishing for 1k had to be done, and I rejected those and decided do them later.

I had ordered for the entire lock kit as I was not able to open my left front door using the key. Since this had to be installed, he assured me that he'd give back my ride in the next day. I did not have much expectations after hearing so many negative reviews of Tata/Fiat ASS, but was wishing that they would do a decent job.

So, the next evening, I went back to take her, and to my surprise, she was gleaming like new, and I could make out that they had done a good job in cleaning both interiors/exteriors. Also, there was a sound coming from left front door (which is commonly reported by Punto 2012 owners), and I was quite annoyed with the sound,which vanished after the service. [:)] The lock system had been changed and it was well installed. Also, all the minor issues has been resolved and now, I can see a small increase in the FE figures.Post service, I find clutch/gear shifts extremely smooth. I should say they have done a decent job, maybe in par with my Hyundai service experience (as I owned Santro before). I got the final bill which was Zero! The lock kit replacement was of 6.8k was covered in warranty. Overall, I had a good experience with Concorde motors. [clap]

Thanks for the inputs @dharmesh , @jayadev.

Last edited:
It is nice to read that now TASS have really raise their standards and more happy FIAT/TATA customers are seen now a days. [clap]. Can you please post latest pic of your beauty? Interiors as well. [:D]

Question : Is Concorde motors a FIAT dedicated or TATA service center?

Thread Starter #57
It is nice to read that now TASS have really raise their standards and more happy FIAT/TATA customers are seen now a days. [clap]. Can you please post latest pic of your beauty? Interiors as well. [:D]

Question : Is Concorde motors a FIAT dedicated or TATA service center?
Sure dharmesh. I will post pics soon. The service center surely did treat me as they treated any Tata customer.

I also heard that Tata-Fiat service center's would be down be next year, and they would open up their own showrooms. But no info about any Fiat dealership in Cochin till now! [surprise]

Hi Anand
The Punto from every angle looks great. I had a petrol Emotion Pack variant a couple of years ago and loved every minute of it. I had a black one and in those days the interiors were full black. Only problem I faced was the clutch went kaput within one month. Of course it was replaced under warranty but had to leave the car for 3 days in the workshop. I used to get an FE of about 12 kmpl in Mumbai city and managed about 18 kmpl on the highways.

The white surely looks great and the light interiros looks better. Happy & safe driving

Thread Starter #59
Update:
Completed an year and 9k kms with my Punto. Got my first service done at Hyson Fiat (official Fiat service centre) [:)]. Although, I wasn't happy with the behavior of the service advisers, they got the job done well. The engine really feels settled down, and now I get a constant 15-16 kmpl with a mixed ride in both city and highways. Here are some of the recent pics.

Attachments

Update:
Completed an year and 9k kms with my Punto. Got my first service done at Hyson Fiat (official Fiat service centre) [:)]. Although, I wasn't happy with the behavior of the service advisers, they got the job done well.
Your useage seems too low for a diesel car, hope Fiat keeps a tight check on their new dealers regarding sales and services.

Top Bottom