Fiat Punto & Linea 2012 Exclusive Launch Coverage (Page.6)

Re: Upgraded Punto & Linea launch on 3rd Jan 2012

I meant 1.6 diesel in linea, this engine trust me is a schorcher, fiat missed a big point by not launching linea with this engine IMO.:mad:
I agree. A bigger heart will definitely do wonders, however i still believe setting up independent dealerships would definitely help Fiat cars in decent numbers if not great. In addition to that, Fiat must seriously think of upgrading the plastic quality.

@ point city
Buddy actually fiat tried to play it smart at first.They thought linea which is sold as a competitor of octavia/civic abroad, if priced at around Swift dezire will create magic, also remember tata - fiat ranjangaon plant makes only 1.3 JTD,so according to them same engine in linea /manza/punto/vista with fgt and vgt options is the way to go, ohh it hurts to say how wrong they were.Now with the launch of rapid at extremely VFM prices, fiat have no option left to launch linea with 1.6 m-jet or just leave india one more time.

Will the fiat India replace the N/A FIRE engines with multi air?The current N/A FIRE engines is not very quick(correct me if i am wrong) and is not very fuel efficient(according to arai fe figures)(again correct me if i am wrong).

Last edited:

so is the news confirmed by Fiat now?

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes. It is almost confirmed that Fiat will launch refreshed Punto and Linea on 3rd January 2012.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thanks 350Z!

are they going to change the petrol engines (FIRE)?

Will the fiat India replace the N/A FIRE engines with multi air?The current N/A FIRE engines is not very quick(correct me if i am wrong) and is not very fuel efficient(according to arai fe figures)(again correct me if i am wrong).
Keep on dreaming, multi-air engines can not take the Indian quality fuel,now don't ask me how do I know,well its a secret [;)]

Interiors of both cars need to be refreshed. Somehow to me , the interiors of both the cars seem to be dull. I think the upgrades will be minor ones though major upgrades like facelift,engine upgrade,etc will be a big welcome.

I think, upgrades are happening just for the sake of it and we might see beige interiors and nothing much. Prices hmmm ! This is the area where Fiat has to really work hard. Rather then giving discounts, they should reduce prices by 50K straight and see the market swing. Skoda did with Fabia, Honda did with Jazz and they both are successful in changing the market swing.

Hope for the best.

It seems FIAT has stopped production of Puntos, dealers in Bangalore have no stocks (checked with P & C).

When asked if this is because they have started on new Puntos, the SA told me that the FIAT plant is closed for December and resume production in Jan. Puntos will start coming again from Jan last week or Feb 1st week. Till then whatever is left will be sold.

Of course, I am not sure why would FIAT close manufacturing for a month, my guess is that new Punto bookings will start from Jan 1st week.

Hemant

It seems FIAT has stopped production of Puntos, dealers in Bangalore have no stocks (checked with P & C).

When asked if this is because they have started on new Puntos, the SA told me that the FIAT plant is closed for December and resume production in Jan. Puntos will start coming again from Jan last week or Feb 1st week. Till then whatever is left will be sold.

Of course, I am not sure why would FIAT close manufacturing for a month, my guess is that new Punto bookings will start from Jan 1st week.
completely wrong. the SA misguided you. Check my attachment . This I received by mail from Tata-Fiat.. on last Friday. I call the KHT Motors, whitefield , Bangalore...the Punto is very much there for sales.

Attachments

I didn't explicitly mention one important point - I was talking about MJDs! The SA told me that they have quite a lot of petrol Puntos lying around and I could squeeze good discount on petrol.

As fo diesel, very limited cars remain and hence reduced discount and less number of colours.

When I called KHTfor 1.3 MJD, they took my number and didnt even call back!

One more important news: Prerna outer ring road are not having Punto even on display since last friday.

As for the document you attached, all are petrol offers.

Top Bottom